Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

what is the most money you would spend on a knife?

Old 02-19-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
what is the most money you would spend on a knife?

i want a damascus blade. one hammered out by a smitty.

gonna cost me big. what is your most expensive knife?
Old 02-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #2
Taco Forum Noob
7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
7six2Fan's Tacoma Gallery
Probably my ZT, about $240 IIRC.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #3
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
i want a damascus blade. one hammered out by a smitty.

gonna cost me big. what is your most expensive knife?
I have a damascus straight razor. i want a knife now. they are very nice. i would prob drop around $500 on a good knife.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #4
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i want this Autine blade. john neeman makes it now at his new company.

$380 + some crazy shipping from Latvia. hahah
Attached Thumbnails
what is the most money you would spend on a knife?-b079a2184404b0e8ec268517f347844a.jpg  
Old 02-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
depends on the quality of the blade... if I had the cash to drop I wouldn't mind for a good one

my benchmade's msrp is like $200
Old 02-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #6
Taco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant future
Name: JohnnyHildo
Taco Libre's Tacoma Gallery
i got a custom knife from my father as a christmas gift from a knife maker he knew. 15 years later the knife still looks amazing.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
$30-50, I'm pretty rough on my blades so I don't spend a lot of money on them
Old 02-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #9
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a Benchmade person. $450.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #10
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
I spent 180 on my benchmade. i dont think i would personally go any more.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #12
logcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
logcabinwc's Tacoma Gallery
My two nicer ones are a SOG tech bowie ~$200, and SOG seal pup (the one I carry anytime I camp, hike, etc.) ~$100. I've split firewood with my seal pup using one branch to hammer in the knife and split logs...
Love both, and I take care of them as much as I take care of my truck.
My everyday carry is a buck rush and spyder co. small key chain thing
The buck rush is nice because I can beat it to hell and it is only ~$60, and is spring assist.
the spyder co one is nice because it is extremely sharp and small, so is nice for splinters and precision stuff.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #13
Goflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Goflight2's Tacoma Gallery
I am a Chris Reeve fan.
My Large Sebenza Double Lug
what is the most money you would spend on a knife?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361334949.767137.jpg
And my Green Beret.
what is the most money you would spend on a knife?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361334970.597552.jpg

Can't remember exact price, but under $400 each.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #14
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
I was with my uncle last year at the SCI convention in vegas and watched him spend $600 on a hand made amber handled knife from south africa. By far the most beautiful knife I have ever seen!
Old 02-19-2013, 09:22 PM   #15
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
$100 or so
Old 02-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #16
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Dropped a little over $320 on a straight razor... most expensive of the 7 I own.
I think I paid about $120 for my ESEE-5

Old 02-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #18
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
750 for a flipper by Crawford knives

http://www.crawfordknives.com/stealt...iew%20page.htm
Old 02-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #19
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my specialized Ka Bar several years back. I don't have it here (My dang ex wife still has it!) But it is similar to this:

I spent over $500 on my Marine Corps NCO sword. Does that count as a knife?
Old 02-20-2013, 09:04 AM   #20
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Spent about $125 on a Case, sharpened the blade and widdled down too much to sharpen anymore and bought another one for about the same. Lasted 5 years so I think I got my moneys worth, skinned countless deer and hogs with it.