Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Need help identifying a cartridge from you ammo gurus

Old 02-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Need help identifying a cartridge from you ammo gurus

So recently i was given a box of vintage 9mm ammo...never opened it until tonite and found a bunch of ammo that AINT 9mm in there

I have it pictured below next to a 38special round for size comparison

I also have pics of the 2 mags

MOST of it has LC 52 LC 53 or LC 54 on the head stamp which I know means Lake City and year of manufacture

but i have NO idea what caliber these are or if theyre worth anything to anyone...I have approx 80 of these plus 2 15 round mags
Old 02-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
You have a caliper or micrometer of some kind to measure Jeff?
Old 02-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

no...unfortunately not
Old 02-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #4
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
http://herohog.com/images/guns/ammo/

Judging by this I would maybe think .32 S&W Long maybe? Or a .30 Pedersen round?
Old 02-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #5
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:

Third from left.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #6
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Lots of talk of nasty corrosive chinese stuff that was stamped LC52 (on a a couple other forums I just checked)
Old 02-19-2013, 06:35 PM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
http://herohog.com/images/guns/ammo/

Judging by this I would maybe think .32 S&W Long maybe? Or a .30 Pedersen round?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post

Third from left.
looks an awful lot like the .30 carbine in that link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
Lots of talk of nasty corrosive chinese stuff that was stamped LC52 (on a a couple other forums I just checked)
hmmm....good to know...MOST of it is stamped LC53 with a small handful of 52 and 54
Old 02-19-2013, 06:35 PM   #8
TacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
TacoTabe's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like .30 carbine, aka 7.62x33mm.

Edit: I see this has already been answered
Old 02-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #9
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTabe View Post
Looks like .30 carbine, aka 7.62x33mm.

Edit: I see this has already been answered
Damn. i wanted to say the same.

I knew it as soon as i saw it. Huzzah M1 Carbine.

The mags and ammo are worth something (find an owner)

Old 02-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #10

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderleet View Post
Damn. i wanted to say the same.

I knew it as soon as i saw it. Huzzah M1 Carbine.

The mags and ammo are worth something (find an owner)

Old 02-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #11
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

nice looking gun

i wonder how much to price them at....

same box apparently is 1943 manufactured 9mm ball from Australia judging by the headstamp...i have 6 4 count boxes of that labeling still intact but boxes arent sealed...
Old 02-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #12
Banned
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
WW2 ammo Find the right person and its $$$ Look at the m14 forum lot of old cat,s in there also old hardware ...Jim
Old 02-19-2013, 07:00 PM   #13
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

and thanks to you guys figuring out the caliber...i was able to ID the mags

1 is a National Postal Meter mag and one is Underwood brand
Old 02-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #15
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
What CANT TW do? .. That M1 looks sick...
I asked TW before I asked the local shooting forum
Old 02-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #16
Banned
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
The m14 peeps are the coolest. These pics are endless. Lots of info on the old stuff.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #17
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Called my brother who confirmed what the stuff was....it's being donated to his collection
Old 02-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #18
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
no...unfortunately not

30 cal carbine, like the ammo for a 30 carbine, m1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_carbine

and late to the party...