Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Cabelas gun carry policy question

Old 02-20-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
regkeg is on a distinguished road

Name: Dick
regkeg's Tacoma Gallery
Cabelas gun carry policy question

For those of you with access to a Cabelas store....Does yours have a gun free zone policy and do they want you to check your carry guns at the door?
Old 02-20-2013, 11:49 AM   #2
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
I think the one in post falls idaho has a check in at the front..
Old 02-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #3
RDtres is on a distinguished road
RDtres's Tacoma Gallery
F gun free zones. Criminals don't obey laws
Old 02-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by regkeg View Post
For those of you with access to a Cabelas store....Does yours have a gun free zone policy and do they want you to check your carry guns at the door?
Just picked up a pistol there this morning. While I was waiting at the gun counter, I noticed the sign on the wall said you had to check in firearms and bows for sale, service or appraisal at the front customer service counter before proceeding in to the rest of the store...made no mention of CC weapons anywhere that I could see, whether it be at the gun counter or front entry/vestibule.

I would have to recommend a phone call before CC'ing in to the store to be absolutely sure, as nothing was explicitly stated in either direction...or just check in at the counter anyways.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #5
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
At the store close to me, there is a check counter. You only need to check your firearm if you are going to unholster and test fit your firearm for a new holster or accessory.

If you are checking your firearm, at my local store they let you keep your firearm on your person. They just look to see if you are chambered or what is in your mag. All they did last time I had to check my firearm, all I had to do was remove my mag and my chambered round and put it in my pocket. (pre December).

Post December I asked if there was any changes, they asked me if I was going to unholster. I told them I was not. They said don't worry about it. And I went on my way through the store.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #6
J11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant future

J11Tac's Tacoma Gallery
My cousin walked in with it OWB and they didn't question him.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #7
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by regkeg View Post
Lacey or tulalip?
Old 02-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #8
regkeg is on a distinguished road

Name: Dick
regkeg's Tacoma Gallery
Yakima......I checked with Cabelas corporate and they said the policy is decided by each individual store manager. I called and spoke to the manager here and he said they allow legal concealed carry with out any questions. He said they want you to unload and check your gun if you plan on checking its fit with a holster or to trade it in etc. I told him their sign at the check in station was a little misleading and looks like they want all guns checked and he replied that he could see how it might look like that but that they do allow legal concealed carry.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #9
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
You might check state laws, in Nevada, you dont have to obey any sign a business has up prohibiting guns, all they can do is all you to leave. The only places you have to obey are court houses, and federal buildings and such.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #10
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
My husband and I have had this discussion before...

If you are a CC licensed individual.... and your piece is completely hidden and stays that way ....HOW WILL THEY KNOW?

If you ever need to use the weapon to save your life or someone else's life in a place of business where 'NO GUNS ALLOWED' - WHAT will they possibly do?

Ban you from going into their store again? Oohh big whooopie!! And if you essentially 'save the day' - would they seriously press charges on you?

But ultimately, it's your choice to carry .... or not in any given situation or location.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #11
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
Agreed with Jan
Old 02-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #12
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
My husband and I have had this discussion before...

If you are a CC licensed individual.... and your piece is completely hidden and stays that way ....HOW WILL THEY KNOW?

If you ever need to use the weapon to save your life or someone else's life in a place of business where 'NO GUNS ALLOWED' - WHAT will they possibly do?

Ban you from going into their store again? Oohh big whooopie!! And if you essentially 'save the day' - would they seriously press charges on you?

But ultimately, it's your choice to carry .... or not in any given situation or location.
Down here, if you are in a restricted place you can be charged accordingly with unlawful carry etc

Unlawful carry here = 1 year/$1000 plus confiscation of the firearm
Old 02-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #13
strip is a jewel in the roughstrip is a jewel in the roughstrip is a jewel in the rough

Name: Bill
strip's Tacoma Gallery
You are supposed to obey the signs here. mostly I dont do business with stores that dont allow. In the past I have mailed copies of reciepts to store managers of purchases I have made at their competitors who dont have the no gun policies. There have been businesses locally that have taken them down, but not always the case. I have fallen behind on the ball for doing this as I should. I did write Malco and send them a picture of a netflix envelope that said, no thanks! I'll wait and rent rather than do business with someone who does not support our bill of rights.