Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Carry with a chambered round???

View Poll Results: do you keep a round chambered when you carry?
Yes - keep one chambered 670 83.96%
No - i don't (post your reasoning) 128 16.04%
Voters: 798. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #361
Impressive Member
RevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
RevAdam's Tacoma Gallery
I also just reread your post. When I saw the word Fobus, I know there is no getting through to you. Definite training, gear, clothing, and attitude problem. People like you are the ones who end up shooting themselves and blaming it on the gun.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #362
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: High Speed, Low Drag
taco47001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevAdam View Post
I also just reread your post. When I saw the word Fobus, I know there is no getting through to you. Definite training, gear, clothing, and attitude problem. People like you are the ones who end up shooting themselves and blaming it on the gun.
You didn't know? If you have blackhawk stuff, that's make you a certified B.A. All those hours of M.W. pay off you know.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #363
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
You guys are all sallys. There I said it.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #364
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarion55 View Post
Actually, you can, if your sights don't "blend" into the slide (like Novaks do)... catch the rear sight on a pocket, push the pistol down, and the pocket will rack the slide. This is an advanced technique and should ONLY BE PRACTICED WITH AN UNLOADED PISTOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
I have a Khar CM9, the slide is ridiculously stiff due to the 2 springs it as in it. There would be no way in hell I could rack my Khar CM9 like that. Pretty sure if I tried doing that to my pocket my pants would just rip.

My sig on the other hand this could be an option. But what if it slipped? Didn't catch the first time? I'll keep it chambered knowing all I have to do is squeeze and it will shoot.
That's why I don't care for the FLGR on the 1911 and replaced the set on my RIA Tactical with GI parts.

Rather than the sight, you can rack the 1911 by slapping the recoil spring plug on a dress shoe heel, edge of a table, or a block wall... any hard surface edge.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:01 PM   #365
bigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 9SFS
Name: Jared
bigtaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
You guys are all sallys. There I said it.
x2
Old 05-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #366
bigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderleet View Post
Terrible.

I'm not going to cater my entire outfit to carrying a firearm. I wear what i feel is comfortable, and wont present my firearm when reaching for stuff, or walking around.

I prefer to charge the weapon and place the magazine in. That removes the tension of the striker, and makes racking the slide very easy.

I make the conscious choice to carry without a round in the tube. Its my fucking choice.

M&P pistols usually dont have a safety. If my model did, i would be fine carrying loaded. Unfortunately, mine does not.

The only "safety" to my firearm, is the bottom trigger pivot. Thats it. That is extremely easy to pull if a errant zipper pull tab managed to get into the trigger area. Its a extremely unlikely scenario, but its enough to make me feel uncomfortable to carry in the tube. My fobus rides high enough to cover the trigger area, but its still a concern.

Dont come at me with this "holier than thou" bullshit, and then tack on "poor handling of firearms" to make yourself feel better. If you dont agree, say it as such. Dont pretend you are chris costa, and you know everything about concealed carry. Comfort > Opinion.
Perceived Safety<Facts and proper training. Respectfully I don't agree with you. You don't have to be Chris Costa to be able to know how deploy a loaded concealed handgun and apparently neither do the other 351 people that feel that way.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:11 AM   #367
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtaco06 View Post
Perceived Safety<Facts and proper training. Respectfully I don't agree with you. You don't have to be Chris Costa to be able to know how deploy a loaded concealed handgun and apparently neither do the other 355 people that feel that way.
Fixed that for you
Old 05-27-2013, 12:47 AM   #368
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
When i begin to carry, I plan on taking a full day class before buying a handgun, Then becoming 100% comfortable with my gun. Then il start carrying with a round. i just wouldnt even attempt it if i wasnt fully confident in my gun control.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:48 AM   #369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Fixed that for you
Lol, thanks bud.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #370
Loco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Loco38SUP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
When i begin to carry, I plan on taking a full day class before buying a handgun, Then becoming 100% comfortable with my gun. Then il start carrying with a round. i just wouldnt even attempt it if i wasnt fully confident in my gun control.
Good call on taking a class before buying. I've seen people buying handguns and didn't even know which type of bullets they needed!

RJM
Old 06-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #371
Banned
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco38SUP View Post
Good call on taking a class before buying. I've seen people buying handguns and didn't even know which type of bullets they needed!

RJM

same here.. a lady came in my local shop and brought in a handgun asking how it worked.. said she wanted to carry it.. when asked if she had a permit, she replied "whats that?"... scary...
Old 06-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #372
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
You cant own a certain magazine for a weapon, But buying a handgun without previous experience and or training... Why not?! what could go wrong?!???
Old 06-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #373
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
I have a Khar CM9, the slide is ridiculously stiff due to the 2 springs it as in it. There would be no way in hell I could rack my Khar CM9 like that. Pretty sure if I tried doing that to my pocket my pants would just rip.
lol i have a cm40, and totally agree. slide is so stiff. its broken in a bit now that i have about 500 rounds through it, but still very stiff. when i first bought it, it was almost painful racking the slide ha.

no safety on the gun, but the trigger pull is long and a bit heavy. i carry with one chambered at all times. pocket holster.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #374
PinkTaco69 is a glorious beacon of lightPinkTaco69 is a glorious beacon of lightPinkTaco69 is a glorious beacon of lightPinkTaco69 is a glorious beacon of lightPinkTaco69 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Luke
PinkTaco69's Tacoma Gallery
I carry a S&W Bodyguard 380 in my front pocket, always chambered.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:07 PM   #375
rbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: ARFF @ ROC
rbishopp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2k2 View Post
lol i have a cm40, and totally agree. slide is so stiff. its broken in a bit now that i have about 500 rounds through it, but still very stiff. when i first bought it, it was almost painful racking the slide ha.

no safety on the gun, but the trigger pull is long and a bit heavy. i carry with one chambered at all times. pocket holster.
my cw40 and cm9 feel similar and i see no reason to not have a round chambered. I really like my Kahrs. Remember you can use +p in the kahrs. idk about others.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #376
5.56 is on a distinguished road
5.56's Tacoma Gallery
Always. If you need a CCW pistol... chances are, you're not going to have the time to take it out and rack the slide to chamber a round first. Nor, with all the adrenaline pumping, are you likely to remember to do so unless you practice doing it that way like crazy.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
same here.. a lady came in my local shop and brought in a handgun asking how it worked.. said she wanted to carry it.. when asked if she had a permit, she replied "whats that?"... scary...
I hate when I go to a sporting goods store that sells handguns or any gun at that and people that obviously have 0 experience with any type of fire arm flash everyone in the store and have thier finger wrapped around the trigger. They would do the same thing with it loaded and not know the difference.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #378
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtaco06 View Post
I hate when I go to a sporting goods store that sells handguns or any gun at that and people that obviously have 0 experience with any type of fire arm flash everyone in the store and have thier finger wrapped around the trigger. They would do the same thing with it loaded and not know the difference.
yup
Old 06-19-2013, 07:37 PM   #379
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
Monday, two people met at the homedepot literally right behind my house to conduct a craigslist transaction.

The buyer pulled a weapon for whatever reason. The seller pulled his weapon, shot, and killed the threat. In such a circumstance, i would be very happy to have one chambered. Yes many may argue that chambering a round takes mile seconds, but after staring down the barrel of a weapon during armed robberies, I simply do NOT want to take that time to chamber a round.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...ting-abrk.html

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2484787764001

I am usually carrying 99% of the time. but most dont know it. (minus work and marked places)
Old 06-19-2013, 07:47 PM   #380
adamant365 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadamant365 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadamant365 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadamant365 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadamant365 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadamant365 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadamant365 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadamant365 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadamant365 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadamant365 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadamant365 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
adamant365's Tacoma Gallery
I concealed-carry a .40 Sig P239. I always carry 7 Federal HSTs in the mag and another one in the pipe. In my opinion, the Sig decocking/safety system is as safe of a "one in the pipe" system you can get without a true mechanical safety. It will NOT discharge unless you pull the trigger all the way. And who wants to fiddle with a mechanical safety when one second can determine whether you/your family or the bad guy has a really bad day? Oh yeah, and then there's that whole rock-solid reliability inherent to Sigs as well.