Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Carry with a chambered round???

View Poll Results: do you keep a round chambered when you carry?
Yes - keep one chambered 672 84.00%
No - i don't (post your reasoning) 128 16.00%
Voters: 800. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2013, 09:29 PM   #621
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMaaa View Post
Do you really want to be caught off guard with no round in the chamber?
Same reason when I was in college I didn't beat off before going clubbing
Old 10-13-2013, 09:40 PM   #622
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Same reason when I was in college I didn't beat off before going clubbing
Old 10-14-2013, 10:11 PM   #623
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ms View Post
I was not able to get a carry permit here in San Diego.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
It is not easy, but it is not impossible.
It is impossible in LA, OC, and Imperial for a normal person.

Things have changed over the last 5 years.
If you have a reasonable cause, apply again.

716 civilian permits in San Diego in 2011.
Compared to 1627 in San Bernardino, which is as close to "shall issue" as it gets, along with a few other counties, in California.

Interesting that San Francisco went from 1 to 0.
Dianne must have finally changed her county of residence.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #624
YESSAHBUD...heyut
mainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ol' Waltah
mainewoodsballer's Tacoma Gallery
always keep on in the chamber while carrying. Its takes that much longer to get the gun cocked if you ever need to use it. In those few seconds your target/threat may already beating the crap out of you haha. Its all about saving time because in a real life situation you prob wont have much of it.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #625
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
I carry a 1911, in condition one. Cocked and locked. The only time. I would ever say carry without a round in the chamber is if you carry in a cross draw or shoulder rig, every time I have seen those drawn from a holster the gun muzzle sweeps your entire right or left side when it is being deployed. I carry and recommend a strong side carry with a round in the chamber
Old 12-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #626
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
+1, no safety, just a DA pull
Old 12-13-2013, 11:16 AM   #627
gtmotor has a spectacular aura aboutgtmotor has a spectacular aura about
gtmotor's Tacoma Gallery
I carried for a few months without one in the chamber just to get comfortable with the firearm.

Now I always carry with one in the pipe after I realized the trigger would never accidentally get pressed.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:35 PM   #628
Yotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connal
Yotabilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmotor View Post
I carried for a few months without one in the chamber just to get comfortable with the firearm.

Now I always carry with one in the pipe after I realized the trigger would never accidentally get pressed.
IKR. The only time my EDC ever comes out of the holster is for cleaning or shooting.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #629
Ham N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHam N Egger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ham N Egger's Tacoma Gallery
Keep your finger off the trigger until you acquire your target. Too much time advantage for the bad guy if you have to rack a round. Lock and load.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:24 AM   #630
Smooth Operator has much to be proud ofSmooth Operator has much to be proud ofSmooth Operator has much to be proud ofSmooth Operator has much to be proud ofSmooth Operator has much to be proud ofSmooth Operator has much to be proud ofSmooth Operator has much to be proud ofSmooth Operator has much to be proud of
Marines: 0331 / 0341
Name: G
Smooth Operator's Tacoma Gallery
Nope, because ND's happen. Working in a career where such an ND would get you fired and blacklisted, I always scratch that step.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:02 PM   #632
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I do. G27 in a hybrid holster
Old 01-29-2014, 11:40 AM   #636
whopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: wayne
whopper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco4x4 View Post
A gun not loaded is no good to me. That couple seconds it takes to chamber a round may be the difference between life and death.. Just My Opinion...
that's rite chad one in the pipe at all times
Old 01-29-2014, 11:41 AM   #637
SPEEDY CRAWLER
4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: cody
4runnercaged's Tacoma Gallery
i only carry with 1 chambered if the gun i am using has a safety.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:44 AM   #638
Paleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Paleus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runnercaged View Post
i only carry with 1 chambered if the gun i am using has a safety.
I am not aware of any modern autoloading handguns that don't have safeties or a very long, heavy DA only trigger.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:51 AM   #639
Lou Slink is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
Lou Slink's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on what I'm carrying. My Sig P229, yes. My Kel-Tec P3AT, no. There's no safety or de-cock.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:54 AM   #640
signalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Airborne Signal Soldier
Name: Robert
signalbobby's Tacoma Gallery
no round chambered. If you are carrying holstered and getting into situations to have to send lead down range without chambering, is typically LEO or military. Having a loaded weapon, mentally should have situational awareness and scan to get focused.

Some states will see having a chambered round negatively at the same time seeing that you chambered a round also negative. its all opinions and personal preference, but for testosterone fueled beings, best idea is to keep it not chambered. It gives all of you another chance to think what you are doing before chambering, changing selector switch and pulling the trigger.