Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Help me with some research??

Old 02-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Field Artillery
Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Help me with some research??

Ok so im writing a paper over the assult weapon ban, my argument is against it and that the 2nd amendment should be upheald, i need to find some decent articles but i havnt been able to find good ones, help a fellow TW member out!!! Links would be appreaciated
Old 02-27-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

No one? I thought for sure some people would have something to contribute
Old 02-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
FBI crimes stats

john lott: more guns, less crime (might get some good sources from the references too)

...some random sources you could probably find articles/sources/stats: cato institute, reason magazine, second amendment foundation, nat'l shooting sports foundation, NRA, etc...

..i'd do an internet search for stuff relating to how the 1994 AWB didn't have a noticeable affect on "crime" - should be tons of stuff talking to this point out there...

supreme court cases: miller, heller, mcdonald...

if you really wanted to get into the historical aspects, you could try looking into the federalist papers, etc.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
FBI crimes stats

john lott: more guns, less crime (might get some good sources from the references too)

...some random sources you could probably find articles/sources/stats: cato institute, reason magazine, second amendment foundation, nat'l shooting sports foundation, NRA, etc...

..i'd do an internet search for stuff relating to how the 1994 AWB didn't have a noticeable affect on "crime" - should be tons of stuff talking to this point out there...

supreme court cases: miller, heller, mcdonald...

if you really wanted to get into the historical aspects, you could try looking into the federalist papers, etc.
Thanks for the help! I think I'm basing my argument on the 1994 ban, I'll look into the court cases
Old 02-28-2013, 09:40 PM   #5
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs95tacoma View Post
Thanks for the help! I think I'm basing my argument on the 1994 ban, I'll look into the court cases
yep, heller and mcdonald are recent rulings, ...after the 1994 ban ended in 2004... of course that "ban" was a charade anyway, ...cosmetic features like "bayonet lugs", "pistol grips" and "shoulder thingys that go up" (not my quote ) were declared to constitute an "evil" class of firearms, wholly concocted by the gun grabbers...

...you might point out that semi-automatic firearms are "old tech", ...been around for a hundred years... john browning's model 1911 pistol, ...still popular today, a magazine fed semi-automatic... teddy roosevelt hunted w/ a semi-automatic rifle... the scary AR-15, has been in the civilian market for decades, ..invented in the 50's by eugine stoner (originally in .308, as a lightweight "hunting rifle") so, in essence,...not so new, ...not so radical...
Old 02-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #6
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
This is probably not the place. Discussion of politics isn't allowed, and although I know you're asking for research purposes, this thread probably wont last long.

Try calguns and similar organizations; states that have the strictest laws tend to have groups that oppose them, and those groups try to make information regarding these laws public knowledge.

Look into the supreme court case that affirmed the second amendment.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:13 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan DCFS View Post
This is probably not the place. Discussion of politics isn't allowed, and although I know you're asking for research purposes, this thread probably wont last long.

Try calguns and similar organizations; states that have the strictest laws tend to have groups that oppose them, and those groups try to make information regarding these laws public knowledge.

Look into the supreme court case that affirmed the second amendment.
I've already had a conversation with the mods, as long as it dosnt discus politics and just law and everyone dosnt pull a "sunflower" it should be ok