Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Maglite Pro LED flashlight

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-27-2013, 09:50 PM   #1
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Maglite Pro LED flashlight

Wasn't sure where to ask this question but the hunting / outdoorsman community seemed like a good bet .

Has anyone got the new Maglite Pro LED flashlight yet ?

I would be interested in any feedback on it .

Thanks in advance .

http://www.maglite.com/maglite_pro_LED.asp
Old 02-27-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
JTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeryck
JTyfz450's Tacoma Gallery
Love it! Thing is bright and beam goes out pretty far. Got mine for free from my cash back from REI . You won't be disappointed.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:02 PM   #3
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTyfz450 View Post
Love it! Thing is bright and beam goes out pretty far. Got mine for free from my cash back from REI . You won't be disappointed.
Good to hear , thanks for the input
Old 02-28-2013, 06:12 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the Olight M20 warrior. Close in price, but brighter.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #5

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Check out the Olight M20 warrior. Close in price, but brighter.
Will do , thanks
Old 02-28-2013, 08:23 AM   #6
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTyfz450 View Post
Is it anything like the l.e.d. bulbs you can get to replace the original bulbs with? Because I'm not impressed with those at all.

Oz are you looking for something that specific size, or anything smaller?
Old 02-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #7

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
Is it anything like the l.e.d. bulbs you can get to replace the original bulbs with? Because I'm not impressed with those at all.

Oz are you looking for something that specific size, or anything smaller?
The size fits a spot in the truck I want to mount it , smaller would be fine too , but not bigger
Old 02-28-2013, 08:26 AM   #8
Lone Star Club
whahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jimbob
whahahajr's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 3D that came stock with a led and I put an led in my 6D. The 3D is way brighter. Was not impressed with the led upgrade either
Old 02-28-2013, 08:29 AM   #9
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
The size fits a spot in the truck I want to mount it , smaller would be fine too , but not bigger
Oh ok, cause I have the XL200 made by them, nice little flashlight, bright. Also heard good things about their new tac light.

Oh there is a flashlight thread floating around somewhere, pretty much every flashlight out there is talked about I think. I can find the link if you want it.

Edit : here ya go http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...ht-thread.html
Old 02-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #10
JTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeryck
JTyfz450's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have any experience with those replacement bulbs you are talking about so I wouldn't know if they were the same or not.

[QUOTE=DEEVON911;6513225]Is it anything like the l.e.d. bulbs you can get to replace the original bulbs with? Because I'm not impressed with those at all.QUOTE]
Old 02-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
Oh ok, cause I have the XL200 made by them, nice little flashlight, bright. Also heard good things about their new tac light.

Oh there is a flashlight thread floating around somewhere, pretty much every flashlight out there is talked about I think. I can find the link if you want it.

Edit : here ya go http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...ht-thread.html
Thanks for the link
Old 02-28-2013, 09:16 AM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Just to point out , there is a performance difference between MagLite's regular LED line and the Pro LED line which is brand new
Old 02-28-2013, 09:17 AM   #13
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I'd have to imagine a flashlight that actually comes LED from the factory is going to perform much much better than those LED conversions. I did an LED conversion on a mini maglite and its okay. I don't have any factory LED flashlights but I'd have no reservations getting one.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:07 AM   #14
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
ultra bright 274 lumens ? whatta laugh

274 is medium-low on most of my lights
---
sorry I have no valuable input other than Maglites are all way
behind the times in luminosity

-----------------------------------------
---OK, so a real opinion: Maglite pro, from that link....Meh...
--------------------------------------

IMHO if I had to have one outdoors/hunting/defense-baton flashlight
it would be Klarus XT11. good god it is an awesome GP light and it
actually spits out >700 lumens, not it's stated 600
http://www.klaruslight.com/plist_show.php?id=2&lge=en

so good I bought 5 and gifted out 4

but I have 54 flashlights, all different makes and models,
and have a boatload of experience testing, evaluating , and using them...

maglites are at the very bottom of the pile for what is available in 2013
----
so you may ask well then what do I rock in the Taco ?
Fenix E11 in the tray near the shifter, and a
Thrunite TN11 inside my center console (with 2 extensions, so it has 4 CR123 in series)

ok, gotta go I crapped in this thread way too much just by showing up
Old 02-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #15
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Mag light LEDs are fine flashlights. Anything over 150 lumens is plenty bright for 95% of anyone needs. The mag lights have crazy battery life.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
ultra bright 274 lumens ? whatta laugh

274 is medium-low on most of my lights
---
sorry I have no valuable input other than Maglites are all way
behind the times in luminosity

-----------------------------------------
---OK, so a real opinion: Maglite pro, from that link....Meh...
--------------------------------------

IMHO if I had to have one outdoors/hunting/defense-baton flashlight
it would be Klarus XT11. good god it is an awesome GP light and it
actually spits out >700 lumens, not it's stated 600
http://www.klaruslight.com/plist_show.php?id=2&lge=en

so good I bought 5 and gifted out 4

but I have 54 flashlights, all different makes and models,
and have a boatload of experience testing, evaluating , and using them...

maglites are at the very bottom of the pile for what is available in 2013
----
so you may ask well then what do I rock in the Taco ?
Fenix E11 in the tray near the shifter, and a
Thrunite TN11 inside my center console (with 2 extensions, so it has 4 CR123 in series)

ok, gotta go I crapped in this thread way too much just by showing up
I just need to see in the dark not put a spotlight on the moon , and the Klarus light you linked is $150 in Canada , but I appreciate all input
Old 02-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #17
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a 3D LED maglite (not a conversion maglight, stock LED). I don't know if that is the "pro" or not, but it is awesome, and a freaking tank. Really bright, not as bright as my fenix pd32, but really a great light wit h a great warranty. I like it a lot, I don't have to worry about it if something happens, I dont think I could destry it unless I made a point to try, and even then it would take some work.

If you really want something cool, unique, and super bright, check out this MagLite converted to HID, who wouldn't want an HID flashlight
Old 02-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #18
Failure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
Failure2Comply's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 2D LED Maglite w/brackets in the Taco, and a 2C version by the bed. The 2C version has high, low, and strobe (I use this with my G19 as the bedside kit). Both are very bright for my needs and way better than a standard 2D Maglite that I have in my HVAC work truck. It will be replaced soon with a 2D LED Maglite.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure2Comply View Post
I have the 2D LED Maglite w/brackets in the Taco, and a 2C version by the bed. The 2C version has high, low, and strobe (I use this with my G19 as the bedside kit). Both are very bright for my needs and way better than a standard 2D Maglite that I have in my HVAC work truck. It will be replaced soon with a 2D LED Maglite.
Awesome

Is yours the regular LED version or the PRO LED version ?
Old 02-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #20
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
I've got a 3D LED maglite (not a conversion maglight, stock LED). I don't know if that is the "pro" or not, but it is awesome, and a freaking tank. Really bright, not as bright as my fenix pd32, but really a great light wit h a great warranty. I like it a lot, I don't have to worry about it if something happens, I dont think I could destry it unless I made a point to try, and even then it would take some work.

If you really want something cool, unique, and super bright, check out this MagLite converted to HID, who wouldn't want an HID flashlight
woops, here is the link to the HID maglite

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...**Price-Cut***

Products Discussed in this Thread