Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Buying a .45 tomorrow need opinions

Old 03-02-2013, 08:48 AM   #22
gjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud of

Air Force: 1st Recon Squadron
Name: Jerry
gjacobsjr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Taco View Post
I shot all three in .40S&W before I bought my H&K in 9mm, it was a close call between that and the Sig. I shot several other makes including Glock, S&W, Springfield, and Beretta. I personally do not like the way Glocks feel what so ever unless the triggers are heavily modified. But I haven't shot and .45 lately so that could be a whole other story.

But why are you going to buy one already if you don't even know what you want? Go to a range that has all the ones you want to try and shoot them all a box or so in each.
Im trying to narrow down manufacturers
Old 03-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #23
gjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud of

Also looking for a manual safety
Old 03-02-2013, 09:02 AM   #25
Matrix
12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
12Tac's Tacoma Gallery
Glock or Sig. Kimber's customer service is horrendous.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:03 AM   #26
JW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: JW
JW87's Tacoma Gallery
Glock all day. Easy to dissassemble snd clean, virtually indestructible, many accessories. Reliability is priceless.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:06 AM   #27
Failure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
Failure2Comply's Tacoma Gallery
1911's are fine pistols but unless you can afford such models as Wilson Combat, Les Baer, or Springfield TRP (Professional) 1911's can be very finicky and with a reduced round count they are not for everyone.

If you have the money and want a top end pistol the H&K 45 or 45c (if a compact is desired). H&K in V1 has a manual safety. These are guns that you can take into battle, fire all your bullets til the barrels are red, beat the enemy to death with the pistol, bring it home and pass it on to future generations. The USP and USPc in .45 are also fine pistols. It all depends on how much you have to spend and what is imprtant to you and what you shoot the best. I owned a SiG P220ST, great pistol but heavy as hell, traded it for my Colt Combat Elite and never looked back. I have owned five SiG pistols and the only one I kept was my P226 "NSW" Navy which I will never sell. Older SiGs are a better choice in my opinion if you decide on SiG.

The M&P in .45 is also a very accurate and reliable choice. Many, many, people find the Glock 21SF to be a very good choice also (but no manual safety). If you can go to a range in try different pistols to see what you shoot the best, not just what "Feels" the best, it will be money well spent. If I could own only one .45 pistol it would be the H&K 45c. JMHO YMMV
Old 03-02-2013, 09:18 AM   #29
rtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
rtn1911's Tacoma Gallery
You really can't go wrong with a Glock.

I have a G30 and have had zero problems with it. Unlike 1911s, Glocks are modular pistols, so replacing a barrel or some other part is simple and requires no gunsmithing. Plus, they are simple to maintain (don't use too much oil!), and parts are easy to find.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:20 AM   #30
rtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtn1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
rtn1911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure2Comply View Post
1911's are fine pistols but unless you can afford such models as Wilson Combat, Les Baer, or Springfield TRP (Professional) 1911's can be very finicky and with a reduced round count they are not for everyone.
Agreed. Love my Wilson 1911, but it's not the most practical weapon. Glocks are tough, easy to maintain, and parts are easily found.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #31
Tahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahosrfr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Tahosrfr's Tacoma Gallery
I have three Dan Wesson 1911's. One in each size. If your looking for a true semi custom I don't think you can beat the value.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #32
Christian Pastor. Need prayer,have questions? Ask
JayDawg is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
JayDawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JW87 View Post
Glock all day. Easy to dissassemble snd clean, virtually indestructible, many accessories. Reliability is priceless.
This! I have a Glock 22 right now and will soon be adding a Glock 21. My Glock 22 is yet to malfunction or give me a problem. Very accurate gun too.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #33
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
if i was to buy a glock it would be a 10mm only
Old 03-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #34
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmodel65 View Post
if i was to buy a glock it would be a 10mm only
Not sure how easy it is to get those rounds where ur at, but its tough here.

U can always get the G20, and a .45 conversion.

Iirc the 21 and 20 are twinsies. Just need a 10mm barrel and mags yes?

That way u can use 45 rounds also.....then when the need arises u can use 10mm full loads
Old 03-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #35
I'd rather be fishing..
SWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: james
SWCB's Tacoma Gallery
Glock 21 gen 4 i bought mine a Week ago and have put 150 rounds through it. Shoots great not much recoil and fits my stuby hands like a glove. And it has 13 + 1 round capacity sweet gun.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:41 PM   #36
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCB View Post
Glock 21 gen 4 i bought mine a Week ago and have put 150 rounds through it. Shoots great not much recoil and fits my stuby hands like a glove. And it has 13 + 1 round capacity sweet gun.
The 21 is a great gun imho also......a few thousand through mine.

Some people say the gen 3 frame is akin to holding a 2x4....odd cuz it fits me perfectly.

The gen 4 with diff backstraps must be 1 up on the 21 sf....never held a gen4 nor a 21sf.

Glovewise I use a xxl, or if its high risk gloves xxxl........im curious about the gen 4 g21, how's the fit with the largest bacckstrap?
Old 03-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #37
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
GLOCK. I will be getting a Glock 23 soon. Apparently one of the most common among Law Enforcement.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #38

End up getting a Sig .45 P220. I tired the Gloc but didnt like the trigger safety and kinda felt like a toy gun
Old 03-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #39
bdsorcic is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
bdsorcic's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Colt or Kimber 1911's all the way, I also like the CZ's screw those plastic Glocks'! But again I am not the expert here! I had both and I think those Kimbers are more like the real thing, they feel shoot like the real thing. ... Giocks feel more like shit to me, But again if you like plastic, and the modern technology then go for those Giocks! Your decision. ...