Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Buying a .45 tomorrow need opinions

Old 03-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #41
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjacobsjr View Post
End up getting a Sig .45 P220. I tired the Gloc but didnt like the trigger safety and kinda felt like a toy gun
Good choice. I wanted to get the combat 220 in the puke green color. But I ended with a 229 bfto in 40
Old 03-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #42
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
this is my Sig 1911 on the Sig 1911 page https://www.facebook.com/SigSauer1911

Old 03-03-2013, 12:29 AM   #43
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I almost want to go buy a sig 1911 because of your post... I love springers too much tho... I do want a railed 1911 and its so hard to find a Springfield 1911 in SoCal, railed Springfields are even harder.
The last one I saw was a milspec for 799... 3 weeks ago.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #44
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
i got my 1911 for a little over 800$ with tax out the door
Old 03-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #45
Old School
degraaf is on a distinguished road

degraaf's Tacoma Gallery
Glocks are nice since you can take a magazine from the same caliber gun and use it in other size Glocks of the same caliber. Like using a Glock 17 full frame magazine (17 shot), in a Glock 19 compact size(15 round mag), and then also use either of those magazines in the sub-compact Glock 26. So you can interchange the larger magazines with the other guns. I can even slap my 33 round glock mag in my G19 and have loads of fun. It's one of the reasons I bought a Glock 19.
Obviously you're looking for a .45 though, so those Glock models are different numbers in the .45 series of Glocks, but the interchangability still holds true.

I also have a H&K USP compact .45 and compact 9mm. Both are the finest guns I've shot and/or owned (I've had Sigs, Rugers, DEs, ect). Anyone that says they're over priced probably has never owned one or shot one.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #46
dismember
Supertramp has a spectacular aura aboutSupertramp has a spectacular aura aboutSupertramp has a spectacular aura about

Supertramp's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=hxvZ7S2WIXE#!
Old 03-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #47
Greg Graffin 2016

That can happen to 1911s too and sig.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #48
I'd rather be fishing..
SWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: james
SWCB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
The 21 is a great gun imho also......a few thousand through mine.

Some people say the gen 3 frame is akin to holding a 2x4....odd cuz it fits me perfectly.

The gen 4 with diff backstraps must be 1 up on the 21 sf....never held a gen4 nor a 21sf.

Glovewise I use a xxl, or if its high risk gloves xxxl........im curious about the gen 4 g21, how's the fit with the largest bacckstrap?
It is bout the same as the gen 3. Way to wide for my liking short stuby hand and the largest dont mix. Like you refered above like grabbing a 2x4! You must be part cyclops if ya need the monster back on there thatd be a two hander for me
Old 03-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #49
Failure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
Failure2Comply's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by degraaf View Post
I also have a H&K USP compact .45 and compact 9mm. Both are the finest guns I've shot and/or owned (I've had Sigs, Rugers, DEs, ect). Anyone that says they're over priced probably has never owned one or shot one.
I have a USPc .40 V1 and it is by far one of my favorites. The level of quality in their pistols is amazing. I trust my life to that pistol to go bang every time I pull the trigger. I also have a P2000SK V2 in 9mm that is one of my EDC pistols, same quality and attention to detail.

But I did notice that you have the round in backwards.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #50
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNURSE View Post
Kimber. Well worth the price.
If you want plastic, save a lot of money and get a Airsoft.
Seriously, If you are going to care for it, get a good 1911. If you are going to beat the daylights out of it, get a Glock. These are the easiest for repair and after market options.
Pretty good response, there.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #51
TXPROMAN is a jewel in the roughTXPROMAN is a jewel in the roughTXPROMAN is a jewel in the rough

Name: Martin
TXPROMAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahosrfr View Post
I have three Dan Wesson 1911's. One in each size. If your looking for a true semi custom I don't think you can beat the value.
I have 3 dan wesson also eco, c,bob all 45 cal. 1 full size in 10mm . Custom fit without the custom price!
Old 03-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #52
Failure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
Failure2Comply's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPROMAN View Post
I have 3 dan wesson also eco, c,bob all 45 cal. 1 full size in 10mm . Custom fit without the custom price!
That is one Dan Wesson I let get away and have regretted it since. Damn fine pistol.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #53
TXPROMAN is a jewel in the roughTXPROMAN is a jewel in the roughTXPROMAN is a jewel in the rough

Name: Martin
TXPROMAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure2Comply View Post
That is one Dan Wesson I let get away and have regretted it since. Damn fine pistol.
I love the way there 1911 fits in my hand. And the short trigger pull.