Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Buying a .45 tomorrow need opinions

Old 03-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
gjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud of

Air Force: 1st Recon Squadron
Name: Jerry
gjacobsjr's Tacoma Gallery

So im buying a .45 cal tomorrow and im tossed between gloc, sig, and H&K. Whats your poison and why???
Old 03-01-2013, 08:04 PM   #2
monsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monsterkx2fiddy's Tacoma Gallery
sig its more expensive.

I really want a 1911
Old 03-01-2013, 08:05 PM   #3
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery

I like Kimbers, great guns. Also double star make a nice 1911. Deff get a 1911 platform

1911 is a great gun. Been around a long time and you have many options on customizing.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:05 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Sig
Old 03-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #5
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
ive got a Sig 1911 TacOps its a slick shooting gun..Sig 1911 guns have fewer MIM parts than kimbers which are in the same price range...if you do go Sig look for a traditional slide as you will have a better holster selection to pick from..
Old 03-01-2013, 11:09 PM   #6
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Sig 220 or glock. Shoot both and buy what feels and shoot better.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:10 PM   #7
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
hi point ftw.

cheap ugly and get the job done
Old 03-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #9
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Of your choices, Glock. HK is way overpriced for what it is, and I don't really know anything about Sig. I like my Kimber for 1911, but for a polymer gun, Glock every time.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #10
llibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
llibrm's Tacoma Gallery
If you want a 1911 get a Kimber. I personally shoot HK. I have a buddy that swears by Sig. I only recommend not getting a Sig1911. They are heavier than the Kimber and don't function as smooth. I like Sigs, don't get me wrong, just not on that platform.

But the utmost importance needs to be what is comfortable in YOUR hand. Test a few out if you can. What gives you a natural point of aim? That's the firearm you should get.

Also, the XD is rather nice and lots of goodies out there if you want to get into competition as well, just like with most any 1911.

Good luck w your new purchase
Old 03-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #11
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Whatever ur most comfortable with and can shoot accurately......ammo is expensive.

That said, I love my ugly guns
Old 03-02-2013, 05:19 AM   #12
NvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Jeff
NvrSumR's Tacoma Gallery
Have you shot any of them? I would at least try to find a shop where you can try one out before you buy. Each one is going to have a different trigger feel. Get the one with the trigger you like the most.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:33 AM   #13
Lil'Taco has a spectacular aura aboutLil'Taco has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I shot all three in .40S&W before I bought my H&K in 9mm, it was a close call between that and the Sig. I shot several other makes including Glock, S&W, Springfield, and Beretta. I personally do not like the way Glocks feel what so ever unless the triggers are heavily modified. But I haven't shot and .45 lately so that could be a whole other story.

But why are you going to buy one already if you don't even know what you want? Go to a range that has all the ones you want to try and shoot them all a box or so in each.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:53 AM   #14
SSG665 has a spectacular aura aboutSSG665 has a spectacular aura aboutSSG665 has a spectacular aura about
SSG665's Tacoma Gallery
Glock!!!
Old 03-02-2013, 05:58 AM   #15
cgrhyne is on a distinguished road

Name: Cameron
cgrhyne's Tacoma Gallery
Springfield XDm FTW!!!!
Old 03-02-2013, 05:59 AM   #16
JohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JohnWJ's Tacoma Gallery
I have a rock Island 1911 with about 500 rounds thru it and have not had a problem
Old 03-02-2013, 06:02 AM   #17
Redeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jeff
Redeemed's Tacoma Gallery
Glock.

Reliability and capacity -- 13 + 1 the pipe for in model #21.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:30 AM   #18
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 5" Springfield 1911 single stack. It is a solid and reliable piece. It is heavy though. I have also shot a Kimber with the same numbers. The difference between the two is about $400 and the Kimber has tighter tolerances. If you want a conceal carry .45, then I woulld either go with a shorter 1911, or an XD, or similar style that is lighter. I've wanted to get a shorter XD .45 double stack for a while, for conceal carry purposes. Til then, I'll just carry the big ole, full size 1911.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:32 AM   #19
ToyotaTRD will become famous soon enoughToyotaTRD will become famous soon enough
ToyotaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrhyne View Post
Springfield XDm FTW!!!!
What he said. It's the combination of a glock and a 1911. Safe, dependable and priced right. These in my opinion blow everything away. Grip and grip safety of a 1911 style and trigger safety/ polymer of a glock. A million options as well. Compact, full size, caliber choices etc. FTW!
Old 03-02-2013, 06:45 AM   #20
NYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant future
Name: Joe
NYNURSE's Tacoma Gallery
Kimber. Well worth the price.
If you want plastic, save a lot of money and get a Airsoft.
Seriously, If you are going to care for it, get a good 1911. If you are going to beat the daylights out of it, get a Glock. These are the easiest for repair and after market options.