Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

AR Style .22 Suggestions

Old 03-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #21
If ya ain't first, your last!
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
Name: Nate
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
How much does that HK run?
Old 03-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #22
TacoMaster44 has much to be proud ofTacoMaster44 has much to be proud ofTacoMaster44 has much to be proud ofTacoMaster44 has much to be proud ofTacoMaster44 has much to be proud ofTacoMaster44 has much to be proud ofTacoMaster44 has much to be proud ofTacoMaster44 has much to be proud ofTacoMaster44 has much to be proud of
TacoMaster44's Tacoma Gallery
Get a ruger 10/22 and the options are endless. Payed 199 for mine at Walmart.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #23
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNEDEER View Post
How much does that HK run?
Paid about $600 for mine. I haven't fired a 10/22 since I was kid but they sound like a very good rifle to go with as well.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:49 PM   #24
If ya ain't first, your last!
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
Name: Nate
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMaster44 View Post
Going to have to look into that.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #27
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
Here is my HK 416D 22LR

Here is a comparison to an AR15 that is on top with the HK 416D on the bottom.

that thing is nice man
Old 03-07-2013, 09:03 AM   #28
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
ive got the MP 15-22 and its awesome, never had any problems with it, by far the funnest 22 ive ever owned
Old 03-07-2013, 09:24 AM   #29
strip is a jewel in the roughstrip is a jewel in the roughstrip is a jewel in the rough

Name: Bill
strip's Tacoma Gallery
10/22's dominate the action 22 shooting sports. Can't go wrong with this one. M&P 15/22 is OK. Mossberg, colt, and several others are built by the same company and they are pieces of crap!!! dont waist your money.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #30
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by strip View Post
10/22's dominate the action 22 shooting sports. Can't go wrong with this one. M&P 15/22 is OK. Mossberg, colt, and several others are built by the same company and they are pieces of crap!!! dont waist your money.
Do you own one? Have you shot them?
Old 03-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #31
TacoMaster44 has much to be proud ofTacoMaster44 has much to be proud ofTacoMaster44 has much to be proud ofTacoMaster44 has much to be proud ofTacoMaster44 has much to be proud ofTacoMaster44 has much to be proud ofTacoMaster44 has much to be proud ofTacoMaster44 has much to be proud ofTacoMaster44 has much to be proud of
TacoMaster44's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Ive shot my friends m&p and bought then sold the colt. Nothing compares to the ruger.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #32
Christian Off Road Engineering
C O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clint
C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
Another fun one is the Ruger Charger, based on the 10/22 action and a short barrel with a pistol grip and bipod.

Looks funky but they make some badass aftermarket stocks, barrels, etc...

I used to own one and it was a 1" group gun at 100yds with the short barrel which was surprising...

The GSG-9 or GSG-5 whatever its called MP5 clone is pretty fun too I've shot one and its not nearly as accurate as a 10/22 but has a cool factor of over 9000

The 10/22 is your best option by far for functionality, accuracy, and availability of custom parts.

If you don't have a budget you could go the silhouette route benchrest stuff and drop 2 grand on an Anschutz or something just depends on what you want to do with it I guess.

I would definitely not opt for a dedicated .22LR AR platform, especially considering the price, I'd rather drop a few hundred more and get a real AR-15 (5.56) and get a conversion kit for it. but thats just my 2c.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #33
SSG665 has a spectacular aura aboutSSG665 has a spectacular aura aboutSSG665 has a spectacular aura about
SSG665's Tacoma Gallery
Get the MP15/22 you won't regret it.Very accurate and reliable!!The HK is made by Umarex and not HK.Not knocking the HK just clarifying that it is not an actual HK rifle..
Old 03-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #34
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSG665 View Post
Get the MP15/22 you won't regret it.Very accurate and reliable!!The HK is made by Umarex and not HK.Not knocking the HK just clarifying that it is not an actual HK rifle..
Actually made by Walther, imported by Umarex.

Review

The only reason I didn't get a MP15/22 is the fact is all polymer and din't have the "feel" of an actual AR. The main reason I got the HK is for training the rest of my family on how to handle an AR style weapon before they step up to the 5.56 version.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #35
strip is a jewel in the roughstrip is a jewel in the roughstrip is a jewel in the rough

strip's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
No, I was smart enough to do it right the first time. I am a match director for a 22 tactical match. I have seen many people try to compete with the Mossbergs, colts, etc, and they can't. The guns are inherintly unreliable and built from cheap cast parts. Buy one if you want, just dont ever rely on it.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #36

strip's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
Actually made by Walther, imported by Umarex.

Review

The only reason I didn't get a MP15/22 is the fact is all polymer and din't have the "feel" of an actual AR. The main reason I got the HK is for training the rest of my family on how to handle an AR style weapon before they step up to the 5.56 version.

Correction, The Smith and Wesson M&P 15/22 is not built by walther or umarex. Colt, Mossberg, etc are. The Smith actually performs quite well.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #37
SSG665 has a spectacular aura aboutSSG665 has a spectacular aura aboutSSG665 has a spectacular aura about
SSG665's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by strip View Post
Correction, The Smith and Wesson M&P 15/22 is not built by walther or umarex. Colt, Mossberg, etc are. The Smith actually performs quite well.
I think Mcgrimm was refering to the HK not the SW being built by Walther.My SW shoots great,not thrilled with the polymer receiver but a great gun overall...
Old 03-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #38
Mr.Gadget is on a distinguished road

Mr.Gadget's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMaster44 View Post
This but mine was from a shop and 229$
Or build a AR Upper with a CMMG barrel and BCG

Old 03-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #39
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Gadget View Post
This but mine was from a shop and 229$
Or build a AR Upper with a CMMG barrel and BCG

wanna sell any of those bx25s?
Old 03-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #40
StuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Mark
StuckinOhio's Tacoma Gallery
just for some variety check out
ISSC MK22 FN SCAR 22LR

http://www.weapon-blog.com/wp-conten...K22_Desert.jpg

a cool feature about this gun is you can move the charging handle to 4 spots on the rifle on either side. if i was to drop $500 on a .22 this would be it

I am a fan of the 10/22 as well. reliable, easy to disassemble, modify, etc.