Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

AR Style .22 Suggestions

Old 04-01-2013, 06:21 AM   #61
xA101x is a jewel in the roughxA101x is a jewel in the roughxA101x is a jewel in the rough
Name: AJ
xA101x's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbrdr1220 View Post
Just curious what is really flimsy and cheap about your friend's archangel kit? Does he have an older or a newer kit?

I just built a 10/22 with one of the newer 556 archangel kits, and it's anything but flimsy or cheap. I've held both guns, and was very impressed with the quality of the archangel kit. I can't hardly flex the hand guard if I try, the polymer used is very high quality, and the fit with my receiver housing is superb.

If an AR-15 clone or training gun is what your going for then the 15-22 is the way to go, as it functions exactly like a real AR. However, if you don't care about AR functionality and competition accuracy and reliability is what your after, then the 10/22 built up with some aftermarket parts just can't be beat in my opinion.
Im not sure if his is an older version or not. The stock on his kit is very flimsy and feels very weak. The handguard twists a little and doesn't fit well to the receiver. Im not trying to say all the kits are bad im just giving my personal experience. I also have a 10/22 and I love it. I just wouldn't ever set it up as a tactical style .22. I also feel that the 15/22 is just as reliable. Iv had mine for years and I don't even know how many thousands of rounds and iv never had an issues with it. Id say they are both just as reliable.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #62
strip is a jewel in the roughstrip is a jewel in the roughstrip is a jewel in the rough

Name: Bill
strip's Tacoma Gallery
The Nordic componets are by far the best AR style components built for the 10/22. If you want a fun little plinker then go with archangel, but if you are looking for a serious piece of shooting equipment and want the best. then it's nordic hands down. http://shop.nordiccomp.com/AR22-Kit-...2K-T6-NC1R.htm
Old 04-03-2013, 06:57 AM   #63
Snowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snowbrdr1220's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I was looking at the Nordic kit at first. Definitely the highest quality tactical kit out there for the 10/22, pretty hard to find in stock right now. Ended up going with the archangel though, since the purpose is just a plinker and small critter gun.

Already have to much dough into the 10/22, and figured with the Nordic kit I'd end up buying an AR adjustable stock, handle grip, hand guard, and metal trigger assembly. Would probably end up spending several hundred more, heck a couple hundred just for a nice aftermarket metal trigger assembly alone. Plus saw pictures of a gun converted from archangel to nordic and actually liked the look of the archangel better even though it's polymer.

I'm very impressed with the quality of my archangel kit, no regrets at all. The polymer is ridged and high quality, the barrel is straight as an arrow through the hand guard without any shimming like I had expected to do, and all of the screw holes line up perfectly with the receiver. If anyone has a flimsy one, they might have stripped a screw by over tightening or have an older kit. I've heard the newer kits are a different generation and have a better fit.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #64
strip is a jewel in the roughstrip is a jewel in the roughstrip is a jewel in the rough

strip's Tacoma Gallery
You are correct about the extra money, that is for sure. Nordic does off an assymbled kit though for under 300. For those who have not tried one, I am a big fan of whistle pig barrels. anyone looking for light weight, WP has nice stuff.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:06 PM   #65
Snowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snowbrdr1220's Tacoma Gallery
I'll have to check out whistle pig, have heard good things about them before. I do have plans to upgrade my barrel eventually. However, I'm a little hesitant because I've heard that the factory Ruger barrels are more forgiving with feed issues when using cheaper ammo. Do you think there's any truth to that?

Are the whistle pig barrels, or aftermarket barrels in general, any more finicky with ammo that they like compared to a stock barrel?
Old 04-05-2013, 06:43 AM   #66

strip's Tacoma Gallery
I have used whistle pig, and volquartsen. I have had no feed issues with these barrels. However, I only shoot plated high velocity shells as I have had issues with the non plated bullets leading up my compensators. I won the past 2 matches shooting remington golden bullets, because that is all I could find.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #68
If ya ain't first, your last!
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
Name: Nate
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Just picked up my MP 15/22 yesterday. i can already feel the mod bug coming. With that said, am I able to buy Magpul accessories such as grip/foregrip. I guess what I am asking, is are they compatible with the MP 15/22 or do i have to buy a specific brand to fit the MP?
Old 04-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #69
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNEDEER View Post
Just picked up my MP 15/22 yesterday. i can already feel the mod bug coming. With that said, am I able to buy Magpul accessories such as grip/foregrip. I guess what I am asking, is are they compatible with the MP 15/22 or do i have to buy a specific brand to fit the MP?
How much did it run ya? Planning on getting one myself.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #70
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
$450 w/ one mag

I plan on buying a couple more mags and adding onto it as I go.

Looking for suggestions as far as a good foregrip/bipod combo.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #71
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Bump for suggestions and ideas...
Old 04-27-2013, 07:39 PM   #72
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes magpul mil spec stocks and any grip will fit but the grip will have a little gap where the web of your hand goes but not a big deal. Great choice, i have fired thousands through mine and have had only "1' malfunction. For a .22 that says something, just keep it clean especialy w/bulk ammo.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:41 PM   #73
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, so just want to double check, I can buy any type of magpul handguard, foregrip, etc, and they will fit on the MP.

Also, about the gap you had mentioned, do they sell anything to fill that in?
Old 04-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #74
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a cheap "outside the box" suggestion for a very compact 22 that's loads of fun to shoot.

It's a Ruger 10/22 installed in a Muzzlelite bullpup stock. Rugers are about $260 when you can find them in stock. 10/22 Muzzelite stocks are available on Amazon for $117. This makes a nice setup for under $400. You'll need to do some smoothing work on the remote trigger because it's awful. But once it gets worn in some it works just fine. It's suprizingly accurate and very easy to shoot.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #75
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
No the forend is not repacable with any magpul stuff. The forend is screwed on to retain the barrel. The gap im talking about is no worry. The curve at the back of grip is just a tad different than a standard AR. But any vertical grip, grip, stock will fit, the stock just just has to be for mil-spec buffer tube. Heres a pic of mine, i havn't put a stock on it yet.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #76
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
When you say forend, are you referring to the handguard?
Old 04-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #77

TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
When you say forend, are you referring to the handguard?
Yes, but magpul accessories will fit on it such as vertical grips and what not. Its a railed forend.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:18 PM   #78
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO TX View Post
No the forend is not repacable with any magpul stuff. The forend is screwed on to retain the barrel. The gap im talking about is no worry. The curve at the back of grip is just a tad different than a standard AR. But any vertical grip, grip, stock will fit, the stock just just has to be for mil-spec buffer tube. Heres a pic of mine, i havn't put a stock on it yet.
Where did you get the coloring? on the forend? Are those like little pieces that can clip onto the rail/handguard?
Old 04-30-2013, 07:07 AM   #79

TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Yea there rail protectors. You can get them on the internet or at most gunshows where there i an AR parts dealer. They come in different colors like tan, od green, ect. Grips and stocks the same way.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:42 PM   #80
ARTaco06 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
ARTaco06's Tacoma Gallery
I'm really happy with my S&W M&P 15-22

AR Style .22 Suggestions-image.jpg