Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Pools are more Deadly than Guns.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #41
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
gangs comprise virtually all of the "so-called" "gun violence"...
Old 03-10-2013, 05:07 AM   #42
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Already covered in other threads.

I'll happily go up against your gun with a knife if I can get to within 10ft of you (casual conversation/asking directions) before beginning my attack.

I don't believe the CDC if they project that gun deaths will surpass automobile deaths in the next 10 years.
I do believe the CDC is pandering to their funding sources in Washington if they project that gun deaths will surpass automobile deaths in the next 12 months.

The numbers simply do not support those claims.
We are losing almost 40,000 per year to transportation accidents.
That number has been declining due to improvements in vehicle safety, but has only dropped by about 10% over the last 10 years.

We are losing about 11,000 per year to ALL gun related deaths.
Subtract suicide from that, because those are going to take place one way or another. Subtract police action from that as well, unless it is actually ruled by the courts to be a homicide and the officer convicted.

We have a saying at the office when the engineer asks for a traffic study:
"What do you want the numbers to say?"

The raw data can be presented in a form that can tell any story you would like... in the case of the CDC, their numbers will tell a story that ensures their continued funding.

So on reports like this, ignore the verbiage, ignore the charts and graphs.
Look at the raw data and draw your own conclusions.
And yes... it's going to take a few hours of study, application of logic, and critical thinking to draw those conclusions.
OK deal, as long as you ignore the NRA they are just about totally funded funded by gun manufactures.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #43
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineah View Post
OK deal, as long as you ignore the NRA they are just about totally funded funded by gun manufactures.
I am a member, but they are in my spam filter.