Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Parker Velocity Bow

Old 03-10-2013, 11:05 PM   #1
Tacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant future

Name: DREW
Tacominer's Tacoma Gallery
Parker Velocity Bow

Im looking at getting a bow to start bow hunting with. I mainly rifle hunt but i want to get into hunting with a bow, I have shot a bow some over the yrs. I was looking at the Parker Velocity. I was wondering if anyone has used this bow or knows anything about it and if its worth the money. All the reviews say its decent i think around a C rating but depends on what you read. I just want a good reliable bow and nothing to expensive.

Thanks
Old 03-11-2013, 06:35 AM   #2
Christian Off Road Engineering
C O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clint
C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
According to the internet it looks like a good starter bow. I would HIGHLY recommend going to a bow shop and shooting everything they have. I would suggest allowing a pro to watch and guide you as you shoot them so that he can properly show you form, technique, and stability (unless your experience is enough to be confident in). When you are doing these things right, you are in a better position to know which bow feels more comfortable to shoot.

I went with a Bear Archery Buckmaster from Academy for $299 when I started and loved it, still have it as a spare, I shoot a Mathews Monster now.

My buddy who has been bowhunting for years bought a Martin Saber and outshoots me with it when I shoot my Mathews .
Old 03-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
yea. parker might make a great bow, but that is too off the beaten path for me.

if i were you, i would consider a Mission Ballistic. it is relatively inexpensive, and is getting GREAT reviews. Mission is made my Mathews, so they have the R&D, and customer support.
Attached Thumbnails
Parker Velocity Bow-ballistic.jpg