1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"Cut Shells"

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Teniente, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Mar 14, 2013 at 11:06 AM
    Teniente

Teniente [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Carson City, NV/Ensenada, Baja California, MX
    Vehicle:
    White 2006 SR5 DCSB 4x4
  2. Mar 14, 2013 at 11:12 AM
    mreimann

mreimann Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    '15 double cab Limited
    Icon C/O, Fox 2.0, All Pro Expo 2.0 leafs, Total Chaos UCA's, Airflow snorkel, Custom Built Bed Rack, Pelfrey aluminum front bumper and IFS skid, All Pro aluminum rear bumper, SmittyBuilt winch. RTT
    I wouldn´t say these shells are good for the gun, but I also can´t say I haven´t done this....

3. Mar 15, 2013 at 7:41 AM
    Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak Don't taze me bro!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged '10 Tacoma 4x4 TRD
    TRD Supercharger + too much stuff to list. Click sig pic
    The 'poor man slug' isn't such an effective tool. They tend to not fly consistently or accurately and even then they don't do as much damage as you might think. The jacket is also quit a bit larger then the bore of your barrel if you hold your shell up to the end of the barrel. There's a reason accurate firearms don't use blunt-tipped plastic jacketed projectiles. If you need a slug, get a slug. I have several firearms stashed throughout the house for self defense and in my basement theater I have an 11-87. It's loaded with buck with buck on the side saddle and buck in the speed feed stock. I then keep two slugs just forward of the ejection port so if the engagement goes beyond 20-25yds I can switch to slugs pretty easily. That's a just in case and the situation where I begin a defensive situation in my home theater and need to engage beyond 25yds pretty much doesn't exist but it's just an easy bit of insurance against the unpredictably of life.

Products Discussed in

To Top