Notices

Rattle Snake!

Old 03-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #1
Pnicholas1019 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Aircrew (AWF)
Name: Parker
Pnicholas1019's Tacoma Gallery
Rattle Snake!

So yesterdaty as i was walkin in the beautiful Arizona Desert i found this guy! About 6' Long and had about 8 layers in his rattler... Thank god he wasnt coiled because i came awfully close to him. Anyone else see any cool animals while there out?

Old 03-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen a rattlesnake on a trail run. I heard a weird sound and what do ya know.. It was rattling at me! Pretty cool!

I think there is a "cool animals you have seen in the wild" thread
Old 03-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
I was skipping la - de -dah down Barton Creek one hot afternoon, jumping over
rocks as I headed downstream, and stepped right over a fat rattler...before I
could stop and shit myself properly, it took off under the rock. later that
day I got stung by a scorpion. good times
Old 03-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #4
wareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brad
wareagle1's Tacoma Gallery
Copperhead almost got me one day while fishing. I paddled upstream about a mile, and was going to float back and fish. First cast with new lure got hung in a low branch. I paddled over to retrieve it, got out of the canoe and put my left hand on the rock face of the riverbank. Saw something move, looked back over my shoulder and saw the snake coiled up. I promptly lost my balance and fell headfirst into the river. Scared the crap outta me, I didn't tell anyone where I was going and didn't have a cell phone at that time.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #5
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
A couple years ago when we drained our pond in MISS. i was walking down the bank to dad and i almost stepped on a coiled cottonmouth.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #6
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
soon. let it get warmer and they will litter my mountain bike trail. they dont bother me much...i learned to look ahead now.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:03 PM   #7
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Spent hours and hours chasing reptiles and amphibians as part of coursework in college. Found a massive copperhead one time but never did see a rattlesnake live in the wild. They're just not as common in MO as people would have you believe.

Did my capstone on treefrogs. Pretty surreal to be out in the middle of a pond at midnight up to your waist in water trying to record mating calls.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #8
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
I chased down a copperhead with my riding mower last spring. It's remains are in my deep freeze waiting to be made into 1911 grips. Got tagged on the inner left ankle by a cottonmouth when I was twelve or so at Jolly Mills in MO. Luckily it was a dry bite. Possibly recieved another dry bite on the south canadian river in norman, ok. Not entirely sure if it was a snake, or something sharp that I stepped on, but the wound reassembled the bite I received in MO when I was younger.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:11 AM   #9

crazy times and this isnt my first encounter in the diamondback series lol
Old 03-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #10
molossus has much to be proud ofmolossus has much to be proud ofmolossus has much to be proud ofmolossus has much to be proud ofmolossus has much to be proud ofmolossus has much to be proud ofmolossus has much to be proud ofmolossus has much to be proud ofmolossus has much to be proud of
molossus's Tacoma Gallery
Cool snake! It'x a male Western diamondback - looks to be about 3', which is an average size for an adult in AZ (lots of people estimate larger, but a 4' rattlesnake in AZ is not very common; 5' is nearly unheard of). What time of day did you see him?
Old 03-19-2013, 03:23 PM   #11
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
The dogs find them all the time. Lots of em in Fla.. But Im working on that
Old 03-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #12
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Good grief - those FL EDBs are no joke!
Old 03-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #13
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^ I found one in 09 that was 70in long x 14in around,, with 15 rattles and a button. The Thing was a log..
Old 03-20-2013, 10:32 PM   #14
arkhillbilly is a jewel in the rougharkhillbilly is a jewel in the rougharkhillbilly is a jewel in the rough
arkhillbilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
^^^^ I found one in 09 that was 70in long x 14in around,, with 15 rattles and a button. The Thing was a log..
Pics Bro.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:50 PM   #16
nobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jonathan
nobody4343's Tacoma Gallery
When I was in SoCal working on camp Pendleton. I ran into them all the time. One day on a range I almost walked on four of them thru out the day. Luckily I had snake guards ad they were baby's.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:39 AM   #17
Where the White Women At?
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
StZu's Tacoma Gallery
dead snake=good snake
Old 03-21-2013, 08:13 AM   #18

Anyone ever tried rattle snake?? I had deep fried rattle snake not long ago! its good and a lil different.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:23 AM   #19
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
I would shit my britches.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #20
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
I run across a fair amount of snakes during the summer. They don't bother me in the least. Spiders on the other hand... I'll be putting the pup through rattlesnake aversion training next month. Since they like to investigate everything with their nose, dogs tend to get bit in the face. I've seen pics of ones who've been bitten and I really don't want to see him go down that road.