Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Bushnell Optics anyone?

Old 03-16-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
DUDE MAN BRO
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant future

Air Force: A.G.E.
Name: Hot Carl!!!
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Bushnell Optics anyone?

Hey guys, I've been looking for a decent red dot for my AR-15. As much as I would like to spend $450+ on an EOTech, I can't bring myself to do it and need the cash for other things. So my question is if anyone has any experience with bushnell? I've used their binoculars, but never their gun sights. I'm looking for a good red dot/reflex sight with a decent price, so hit me with some suggestions if you have them. Here is a link to what I'm looking at. Not necessarily buying from this website though.

Probably up to $200ish is what I would like to spend. Maybe a little more depending on what it is.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/349...-moa-dot-matte

Thanks for the help!
Old 03-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #2
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
If you're going cheap, the Bushnell is not twice the red dot this Walther is. Probably come out of the same factory. I've had one of these Walthers for a few years and it's been on ARs, a 223 AK for a while and several 22 pistols.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/655...le-mount-matte

If you're going cheap, go cheaper and save up for a better red dot down the road.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #4
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO View Post
Good point, I might just splurge on the EOTech. I'm slowly talking myself into it.
Love mine - I don't think there's a faster red dot out there for anything under 75 yds or so.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:27 AM   #5
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Primaryarms.com

I had a red dot from them. Ran 800 rounds of 223/556 through and it still holds a zero. 69.99 for the 3 moa red dot
Old 03-17-2013, 02:39 AM   #6
TacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SFS
Name: Nic
TacomaG26's Tacoma Gallery
If you only want to spent 200ish go with a Burris XTS123 or a Sig Sauer red dot i dont remember the model but its the same as a Aimpoint T1
Old 03-17-2013, 02:57 AM   #7
JW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: JW
JW87's Tacoma Gallery
I have the bushnell tactical it was like $200 on cheaper than dirt. I like it alot but if i had the money i definately would have got an eotech.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:40 AM   #8
Where the White Women At?
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
StZu's Tacoma Gallery
I have the bushnell trs25 and it is great.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #9
LaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LaRue Shooter's Tacoma Gallery
In the $200 range I'd go with a Burris Fastfire 2 or 3. It's a micro dot, so it sort of uses a different philosophy than your larger dot or HWS, but I found it to work way, way better on a shotgun and for closer targets in 3-gun when using the blaster, because there's really no tube or "window" size discussion. You mount it on a riser in front of your rear sight and it's just there and incredibly simple to use.

Primary Arms sells a very similar unit.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #10
I like turtlessss
cflks411 is on a distinguished road

Army: 1st Cav
Name: Kris
cflks411's Tacoma Gallery
Sight marks red dot isn't terrible for the price. There are worst but there are better. I have the sightmark red dot with 3x flip to the side magnifier. Cant complain. It holds its zero.