Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Spring Turkey!!!

Old 03-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Spring Turkey!!!

i can even concentrate on work. i cannot wait. opening is week from this saturday.

gobble!
Old 03-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
year before last..!!
Attached Thumbnails
Spring Turkey!!!-safety-20020.jpg  
Old 03-20-2013, 05:56 PM   #3
ivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ivoryaddict's Tacoma Gallery
Dang, arrowing a bird...that takes skill. Nice job. Taking my daughter out this weekend. Can't wait as well.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #4
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going crazy aswell. Our season opened Mar 17th, still haven't made it in the woods yet due to job. May be this coming Monday.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #5
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Spring Turkey hunting is my favorite season. Chasing these birds is the best hunting. Good luck to all. Gobble-gobble.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #6
surf4life1102 is on a distinguished road
Name: Kristiian
surf4life1102's Tacoma Gallery
Easily my favorite hunting of all! Love listening to the sweet sound of them thunder chickens gobbling. Only been out twice since season started last Saturday but I'll be going both tomorrow and Sunday and hopefully every day next week! Have some sweet videos of them double and triple gobbling pre season but haven't had one walk close enough yet! Hopefully put the smack down on one beautiful oscealola soon. Y'all call and shoot right! Good hunting to y'all.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #7
06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
06 tacoma owner's Tacoma Gallery
I love turkey hunting. Even though I have bad luck I still love the rush it gives me when a big gobbler is hammerin'.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #8
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
We have a month until season starts still. Sucks to have to go try to not get killed on public land. Plus it's basically suicide to gobble or use a jake decoy.

I need to suck it up and get a lease.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
We have a month until season starts still. Sucks to have to go try to not get killed on public land. Plus it's basically suicide to gobble or use a jake decoy.

I need to suck it up and get a lease.
It is that crazy?
Old 03-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #10
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Not really, no - but we usually have maybe 5 shootings and a fatality or two per year on average during spring turkey in the state. No blaze orange + lots of noob hunters + lots of calling, gobbling and decoys = scary times.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #11
ivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bird down, our youth season started today and my daughter was fortunate enough to hammer a jake 20 minutes into our hunt.

Good thing the Taco was up to the challenge of hauling this beast.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #12

Congrats man, that's awesome. We have 6 new inches of snow on the ground overnight and more to fall all day. Spring seems a million miles away.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:22 AM   #13
Great bird! Congrats to the young lady!
Old 03-24-2013, 09:54 PM   #14

Good luck with your upcoming hunt aficianado (OP)
Old 03-25-2013, 01:22 AM   #15
cleveland48 is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
cleveland48's Tacoma Gallery

Killed this opening day last year. Ours opened the 15th we have had some horrible weather so far but I've still managed to hear a gobble every time out. Ready for some spring weather so they start hammering good
Old 03-30-2013, 11:48 AM   #16
Well I just missed my first shot. Got way rattled. 20 pin on a 26 bird. Shot the arrow between his feet;(
Old 03-30-2013, 05:44 PM   #17
$enior M3MB3R
jdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant future

Name: John
jdickey03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
Well I just missed my first shot. Got way rattled. 20 pin on a 26 bird. Shot the arrow between his feet;(
Missed one today too. Set up on a couple spots, sat down and called a little. No response, walked to 2 other meadows and still no response. Jumped in the truck to drive to a different piece of the property and saw a decent tom in another meadow. Pulled over, got out and gave him a couple calls. Again no response. He was about 40yds, but i was trying to call him in closer(half the fun is getting those birds to come to you) Anways he just stood there. I raised my gun, threw the safety off and right as I pulled the trigger I heard a Gobble to my right. My dumbass just slightly turns right as I pull the trigger. The one I was watching ran down the bank to the river, 3 others flew to the other side of the river. I rushed down to see if I could get another shot but couldn't see any of them. Gave them a couple yelps, which they responded but weren't going to come back. Waited a little then decided to go to my original destination. Had two hens up there that came in about 15yds of me as I was yelping but no Toms. Looks like the Toms aren't chasing the Hens up here right now, maybe next weekend I'll get some Gobbles.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:15 AM   #18
cleveland48 is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
cleveland48's Tacoma Gallery
Missing a shot sucks , but atleast ya'll are getting some action. Honestly I don't believe the toms and hens are together here either. I have saw a few from the road that had hens but I've seen more bachelor groups so far. Hoping the weather clears up and they get fired up
Old 04-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #19
pjs42 is on a distinguished road

Army: Enginering
Name: Steve
pjs42's Tacoma Gallery
Can't wait also Delaware Turkey starts April 13
Old 05-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #20
Tacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud of

Army: 14J, 3rd ID
Name: Kessler
Tacoma VT's Tacoma Gallery
Opening day was May first up here. I was lucky enough to hammer a long beard and a jake the other day. So far it sounds like other hunters in VT are having great luck with 20 + pound birds.