Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

i just bought a vintage Sheridan pellet rifle. 20 cal

Old 03-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i just bought a vintage Sheridan pellet rifle. 20 cal

dang, it is almost in perfect shape. i got it to send to that mac1 guy to let him hop it up. he gets crazy performance with the old sheridans. it might be a shame to let him molest this one. but i do want a peep sight on it..and a few more hundred fps wouldnt suck. i'm gonna plug a wild turkey with this thing..hehe.

check it out!!
Attached Thumbnails
i just bought a vintage Sheridan pellet rifle.  20 cal-usyhy9uq.jpg  
Old 03-26-2013, 07:34 AM   #2
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. Ive got a new one and I really like it.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #3
Failure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
Failure2Comply's Tacoma Gallery
Nice find!
Old 04-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #4
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
this thing is a cannon!! i can shoot dime sized groups at 15 yards. poor poor squirrels.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #5
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats!! I love my German Beeman.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:23 AM   #6
this thing is a blast. i have been to my buddies property and "helped" him with a gopher problem. kinda fun knocking a rodent over with a short range gun.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #7
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
dang, it is almost in perfect shape. i got it to send to that mac1 guy to let him hop it up. he gets crazy performance with the old sheridans. it might be a shame to let him molest this one. but i do want a peep sight on it..and a few more hundred fps wouldnt suck. i'm gonna plug a wild turkey with this thing..hehe.

check it out!!
Who is the Mac1 guy that will hook it up
Old 04-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #9
streamreeper is just really nicestreamreeper is just really nicestreamreeper is just really nicestreamreeper is just really nice

Name: matt
streamreeper's Tacoma Gallery
nice, how much di you get it for? ive got a .177cal gamo big cat,and it is seriously powerfull. i get about 1400fps out of it w those special pbr pellets. if you havent ever used them you should give em a try. they are alot more but they are worth it.Woodchucks are tough critters,and ive shot two of them in the head @ under 20 yards for instant death. thats pretty good for a pellet gun.lots of people say that they can kill a chuck w their pellet gun,but hitting one and having it run away and go down the hole is alot diff that it lying there dead as shit.have fun w your new toy.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by streamreeper View Post
nice, how much di you get it for? ive got a .177cal gamo big cat,and it is seriously powerfull. i get about 1400fps out of it w those special pbr pellets. if you havent ever used them you should give em a try. they are alot more but they are worth it.Woodchucks are tough critters,and ive shot two of them in the head @ under 20 yards for instant death. thats pretty good for a pellet gun.lots of people say that they can kill a chuck w their pellet gun,but hitting one and having it run away and go down the hole is alot diff that it lying there dead as shit.have fun w your new toy.
$150 off of gunbroker. a tad high, but he caught me in a weak moment.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #11
jeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jesse
jeepdude's Tacoma Gallery
How "vintage" is it? Looks just like mine...payed way less when new
Old 04-25-2013, 10:35 AM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdude View Post
How "vintage" is it? Looks just like mine...payed way less when new
you have a new one?

Crosman bought Sheridan. our safety switches are different. i think they call mine a "rocker safety". your's is a more modern safety right?

the look the same in general. mine is probably late 60's. i think the weak point in your gun is is the pump pivot. Mac1, prefers the older guns to modify. less work.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #13
jeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jesse
jeepdude's Tacoma Gallery
Well, bought new in the mid 90's! The safety on mine looks just like yours, that rocker kind of mechanism, but reading your post again, mine is definitely NOT .20 cal. Didn't know they were bought by Crossman. That thing looks awesome for a model that old. Sheriden made a damn fine rifle
Old 04-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #14
yea, i actually want a new one.

Mac1 patented a silencer for these things. $80ish. that would be fantastic. they also change the piston and hinge and bring the thing up to 14 pumps maximum. i heard it is a rocket launcher at 14 pumps. one day..someday.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:09 AM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBilly View Post
I just sent mine out to Tim at Mac1 to be hotrodded. I cant wait to get it back
how was the process? he seems "unorganized"..but damn nice. what kinda lead time is he stating? i cannot get him to nail down an exact price.

and most importantly..are you getting the silencer? haha

good luck..please please keep me posted. i hope to send mine off for the holidays.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:17 AM   #17
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
No silencer I just went with the upgrade in performance. I will update with info and results as I get it.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:23 AM   #18
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
oh hey. i have one of those in my closet
Old 09-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBilly View Post
No silencer I just went with the upgrade in performance. I will update with info and results as I get it.
thanks bud.

i want to do this, just cant justify the expense yet. you mind telling me what final cost is? it was REALLY difficult nailing that down with the Mac1 guy.

i love the rear peep sight..and that is the one upgrade i really want to do.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #20

Coast Guard:
Just an update. I havent got it back yet and no responce to my emails. I called and got his worker who said he has it but that is all he knows. On a side note does anyone run a scope on their airgun? If so what did you use for mounts and what scope do you have?