Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

wow. watcha think?

Old 03-30-2013, 12:12 AM   #21
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
I watched the first 10 seconds of this left wing bullshit. Go fuck your self!!! OP
Old 03-30-2013, 12:15 AM   #22
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
I watched the first 10 seconds of this left wing bullshit. Go fuck your self!!! OP

never judge a book by its cover. . . . and to think that your somewhere opening your pre-mature mouth about the same things i care about. go find another thread.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:16 AM   #23
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92dlxman View Post
we could each have whatever we please. . . .right?
Not exactly.

The end product must still fall within existing laws. California's assault weapon ban is somewhat easy to get around, but you still must be compliant. You can't, in any state, simply make a silencer without paying the NFA tax on it.
It can be charged as a federal NFA violation (felony) to even use a pillow as a silencer.
Big Bro takes this very seriously.

Just because you make it for yourself doesn't mean that it doesn't have to comply with local and federal laws.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:26 AM   #24
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Not exactly.

The end product must still fall within existing laws. California's assault weapon ban is somewhat easy to get around, but you still must be compliant. You can't, in any state, simply make a silencer without paying the NFA tax on it.
It can be charged as a federal NFA violation (felony) to even use a pillow as a silencer.
Big Bro takes this very seriously.

Just because you make it for yourself doesn't mean that it doesn't have to comply with local and federal laws.
understood. im not talking about trying to make things illegaly, im just in aw at the fact that this guy found a relatively efficient way to make legal things legaly. a 3d printer is out of most people's price range, but that has been said about almost every single piece of technology at one time that currently sits in our homes and in our driveways.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:27 AM   #25
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
i think its a cool idea, but what happens when convicted felons start doing it? I think it seems like something that is going to fuck itself over in a matter of time.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:27 AM   #26
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
I hope that got people thinking this is BS. I did not watch after the first 10 sec. I think its crap to scare the masses. That's all it is. How about the 3D printer that manufactures rounds of ammo? This BS makes me sick.
I must apologize for the post but I still think its BS. Anyone can go to a gas station or Walmart and make something to kill lots of people.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:29 AM   #27
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
i think its a cool idea, but what happens when convicted felons start doing it? I think it seems like something that is going to fuck itself over in a matter of time.
The cost of the equipment is going to keep it out of reach of a common criminal.

And as I mentioned before, there's nothing stopping a convicted felon from purchasing an 80% lower and completing the machine work on it.

But it's a lot easier for a convicted felon to get a gun from the black market.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:32 AM   #28
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I hope that got people thinking this is BS. I did not watch after the first 10 sec. I think its crap to scare the masses. That's all it is. How about the 3D printer that manufactures rounds of ammo? This BS makes me sick.
I must apologize for the post but I still think its BS. Anyone can go to a gas station or Walmart and make something to kill lots of people.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:35 AM   #29
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
If a person has no intention of harming people then it wouldnt matter if we can make nukes in our garage.

On another note woulodnt the lower work better if they use thet same material for the innter printing then switch to a more flexible compound for the outter to absorb shock?
Old 03-30-2013, 12:36 AM   #30
drinking whats on sale

Quote:
this wasn't supposed to be a thread on gun control. after all, i did post it in guns and hunting. this is simply to showcase technology that is relatively new, and how it could possibly be exploited for the gain of people who support the second amendment. the person that the documentary, (as liberal as you think it is), is about, is dead set on making that available to us. as in codes free of charge.

watch the video
Old 03-30-2013, 12:37 AM   #31

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=92dlxman;6667414]technology is amazing isn't it? or not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DconsfGsXyA[/QUOTE]

I just tried to get past the first minute its gun control BS. I want to apologize for what I said. I must ask why did you post this gun control propaganda? That's what this is.

I'm so sick of this crap.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:39 AM   #32
drinking whats on sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
if people dont like the constituion, dont change it, MOVE away. if you dont like our current gun restrictions and want more gun control, go to 99% of the other countries in the world that have it already in place!? you dont have to stay here.

i dont want more gun rights. i want to be left alone.

this is more than gun control or guns. it is about open sourcing information. suppressing information is THE worst thing in the world. it is a form of control.

you sir, got it. high five
Old 03-30-2013, 12:41 AM   #33
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
based on how he said the first ones broke at the buffer tower (idk the correct term i dont have an ar) it would seem it is a strong shear force there that only adding thickness would help as they did. i think the real advance will be in plastics that can be printed.
I see, Becuase there are some plastic out there that's stronger than steel. That could be awesome to swap out the aluminum with a lighter stronger material.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:42 AM   #34

I hate to say it but the people in that video seems like the typical city slicker gun owners. also i like that part when the truck driver say "oh cool!" when he told him he was printing guns lol
Old 03-30-2013, 12:43 AM   #35
drinking whats on sale

[QUOTE=Mr.Ed;6667609]
Quote:
technology is amazing isn't it? or not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DconsfGsXyA[/QUOTE]

I just tried to get past the first minute its gun control BS. I want to apologize for what I said. I must ask why did you post this gun control propaganda? That's what this is.

I'm so sick of this crap.

apology accepted. it struck me the same way at first. it is a decently neutral documentary, imo. if you cant watch the entire video, you have no relevance to this thread
Old 03-30-2013, 12:45 AM   #36
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
I'm an engineering student, and we have access to both CAD programs and 3d printers. When I first saw this video, I posted it on my schools rifle club Facebook, and we discussed it. needless to say, I am very curious about this, there are 3d printers that print in metal, you can get a 3d printer for about 1000$, unfortunately, that printer can't do a gun part. the printers he is using are super high dollar. But here is the catch, like all technology, it is getting cheaper.

I know for a fact that I could go out today and get the stuff to build my own 3d printer for a few hundred bucks. It could not make anything that would handle the stress well....that is all because of the material that the printers use. whenever someone comes out with a printer material that is strong enough, we will be able to print basically whatever we want. I have seen working tools that have come off 3d printers, such a s a working crescent wrench.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:47 AM   #37
drinking whats on sale

Quote:
the real thing is if you can use the file to not print the lower, but use a CNC machine to carve it out of aluminum

milling a billet reciever is expensive. molding a plastic one is cheap and dissatisfactory. casting a metallic yeilds about the same.

printing something in-between may be just around the corner
Old 03-30-2013, 12:48 AM   #38

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
this wasn't supposed to be a thread on gun control. after all, i did post it in guns and hunting. this is simply to showcase technology that is relatively new, and how it could possibly be exploited for the gain of people who support the second amendment. the person that the documentary, (as liberal as you think it is), is about, is dead set on making that available to us. as in codes free of charge.

watch the video
What was the first 30 seconds about? That's how all of it starts. Two years ago a friend told me about 3D printers he did not start out with mass shootings. That's all i'm saying. He was talking about car parts. He works for PPG and I was telling him about all the aftermarket car parts and the money. Then I see this and it starts with.... That's all.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:48 AM   #39

Quote:
im an ME too and that is where i stand on the technology. some chem e's need to get on that shit!!! haha
Dude would either be rich off his ass, or disappear forever
Old 03-30-2013, 12:50 AM   #40
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
im an ME too and that is where i stand on the technology. some chem e's need to get on that shit!!! haha
ya...I'll stick with you as an ME...or basically anything that is not a chem E lol

but seriously, I have access to these printers on my college campus, not saying I would ever try to print a gun, but it reall makes you think....

on a side note,
the makerbots that are on campus and open to everyone have a kick ass fluorescent green color material in them right now....I may have to try to print some grips for my Ruger mkIII...I wonder if they will fit in the printer?