1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

wow. watcha think?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by 92dlxman, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Mar 29, 2013 at 11:56 PM
    Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wilbur's Barn
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail V6
    Toytec Ulimate W/Dakar leaf pack, LR UCA'S, Undercover, Weather Tech, Block Heater
    Thanks for the post. I will stop.
    I just want to apologize to the OP and all of TW for my post.

2. Mar 29, 2013 at 11:57 PM
    crazyengineer

crazyengineer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    Bristol, TN
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad
    K&N Cold Air Intake, Warn Winch and Bumper Guard, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Undercover Bed Cover, TRD Kenwood Head Unit, Infiniti Speakers, JL 13.5 inch pancake sub
    ya, ours sit out int he open in a glass case...there are 4 of them, check this out

[​IMG]

if you have am SD card with what you want printed, you can go print it, these are the maker bots that the guy was holding up in the video actually. the colors they print in changes whenever the material runs out

3. Mar 30, 2013 at 12:02 AM
    crazyengineer

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    Bristol, TN
    Vehicle:
    K&N Cold Air Intake, Warn Winch and Bumper Guard, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Undercover Bed Cover, TRD Kenwood Head Unit, Infiniti Speakers, JL 13.5 inch pancake sub
    pretty much....if they are available, you have to either get there when they turn on in the morning (only on during a certain part of the day) or sit and wait for it to open, they are always being used.

but ya, I kind of want to print a set of grips for my ruger now...and that green I as talking about sounds awesome

4. Mar 30, 2013 at 12:07 AM
    THExBUSxDRIVER

THExBUSxDRIVER Victory is reserved...

Member:
    First Name:
    GOO5E
    Vehicle:
    Old Man Tan!
    Not enough.
    Cody Wilson comes off as a weird character for me. Almost like he likes the smell of his own shit.

Nonetheless, I've been following his DEFCAD idea since it began and as much as people talk smack about his printed lowers, he's doing more for the cause than any of the "from my cold dead fingers" folk.

Anyhow, OP are you going to the gun show this weekend at the convention center?

5. Mar 30, 2013 at 12:09 AM
    crazyengineer

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    Bristol, TN
    Vehicle:
    most of my friends that print stuff do all the modeling Autodesk Inventor, which I can do pretty well now, I just don't know if it will fit int he printer (only does up to a certain size

and here is a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c1MhNlGi-5I#!

one of the machines has the color nuclear green in it, which you can see if you go to the makerbot site

before they were available to everyone, they were in one of the labs...but were still used (if I remember correctly). At one point in time, they guys in the lab printed off a bunch of portal companion cubes, they were really cool

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  6. Mar 30, 2013 at 12:16 AM
    92dlxman

92dlxman [OP] drinking whats on sale

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Visalia, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 access 4x4 4.0 6-gear
    5100s, ome884s, wheelers aal kit, and some rustoleum

i dunno, i dont have tickets yet but my buddy was wanting to go. i live right around the corner so. . . . if i can find a baby sitter then what the hell. runnin low on 45auto

7. Mar 30, 2013 at 12:17 AM
    Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wilbur's Barn
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail V6
    Toytec Ulimate W/Dakar leaf pack, LR UCA'S, Undercover, Weather Tech, Block Heater
  8. Mar 30, 2013 at 10:59 AM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    That's old tech compared to this.
    Been done for over 10 years. Only issue is I don't believe most CNC machines can handle the magwell, you still need a broacher for that, but 80% lowers are (or were) under $80 and the magwells are already cut.

A CNC machine would use a completely different file format than the printer though. The basic drawing and programming process is similar.

9. Mar 30, 2013 at 11:04 AM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Only the frame. The slide, barrel, and trigger group are all steel.
    There has been a lot of propaganda from the left that Glocks can be taken through airport security without triggering the alarm. Not true.
    Even without the slide and barrel, there's enough metal left in the trigger group and roll pins to trigger.
    The magazine bodies are also metal.

Likewise for the Springfield XD, S&W MP, and any other "plastic" gun.
    Ruger even makes a composite revolver... the LCR... but only the grip and trigger group housing are composite. The housing around the cylinder and barrel is aluminum, and the cylinder and barrel sleeve are steel.

10. Mar 30, 2013 at 11:10 AM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    You can do that now with an 80% lower and a $200 jig, drill press, couple of 2x4s, and a couple of mills.

http://www.cncguns.com/tooling.html

Perfectly legal, but you can't sell it without engraving the BATFE-required information (Manufacturer's name, city, caliber, model, and a serial number)
    Problem with a home-build is you can't use a fictitious name... it has to be your first and last name. The model and serial numbers, you can make up.

11. Mar 30, 2013 at 12:41 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    a new horizon in the struggle between citizen autonomy/bill-of-rights and the societal control apparatchiks...

12. Mar 30, 2013 at 12:46 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Far from unbreakable.

There are a lot of photos of "blown up" Glocks out there.
    Many have been caused by hot reloads and may have damaged a 1911, but I've never heard anyone consider any of the "plastic" guns to be unbreakable.

They are lighter, which has it's pros and cons. It's nice because they carry better, but they also transmit more recoil force to the hand.

13. Mar 30, 2013 at 1:12 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Oh ya... they are perfectly reliable guns.

They aren't stronger than steel, but they are strong enough.
    And it's possible to blow up a steel gun as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top