Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

wow. watcha think?

Old 03-29-2013, 11:56 PM   #41
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
Thanks for the post. I will stop.
I just want to apologize to the OP and all of TW for my post.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:57 PM   #42
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
we have limited access to our printer due to the high cost per in^3. its an older machine tho.
ya, ours sit out int he open in a glass case...there are 4 of them, check this out

if you have am SD card with what you want printed, you can go print it, these are the maker bots that the guy was holding up in the video actually. the colors they print in changes whenever the material runs out
Old 03-30-2013, 12:02 AM   #43
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
serious? any one person can walk in there and print off as much as they want!? jelly!
pretty much....if they are available, you have to either get there when they turn on in the morning (only on during a certain part of the day) or sit and wait for it to open, they are always being used.

but ya, I kind of want to print a set of grips for my ruger now...and that green I as talking about sounds awesome
Old 03-30-2013, 12:07 AM   #44
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Cody Wilson comes off as a weird character for me. Almost like he likes the smell of his own shit.

Nonetheless, I've been following his DEFCAD idea since it began and as much as people talk smack about his printed lowers, he's doing more for the cause than any of the "from my cold dead fingers" folk.

Anyhow, OP are you going to the gun show this weekend at the convention center?
Old 03-30-2013, 12:09 AM   #45

Quote:
DO IT. if you have the code. it would take a lot of time in SW to get it perfect. lots of trial and error.
most of my friends that print stuff do all the modeling Autodesk Inventor, which I can do pretty well now, I just don't know if it will fit int he printer (only does up to a certain size

and here is a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=c1MhNlGi-5I#!

one of the machines has the color nuclear green in it, which you can see if you go to the makerbot site

before they were available to everyone, they were in one of the labs...but were still used (if I remember correctly). At one point in time, they guys in the lab printed off a bunch of portal companion cubes, they were really cool
Old 03-30-2013, 12:16 AM   #46
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
Cody Wilson comes off as a weird character for me. Almost like he likes the smell of his own shit.

Nonetheless, I've been following his DEFCAD idea since it began and as much as people talk smack about his printed lowers, he's doing more for the cause than any of the "from my cold dead fingers" folk.

Anyhow, OP are you going to the gun show this weekend at the convention center?

i dunno, i dont have tickets yet but my buddy was wanting to go. i live right around the corner so. . . . if i can find a baby sitter then what the hell. runnin low on 45auto
Old 03-30-2013, 12:17 AM   #47
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92dlxman View Post
technology is amazing isn't it? or not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DconsfGsXyA
Do some DD on Motherboard.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:59 AM   #48
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the real thing is if you can use the file to not print the lower, but use a CNC machine to carve it out of aluminum
That's old tech compared to this.
Been done for over 10 years. Only issue is I don't believe most CNC machines can handle the magwell, you still need a broacher for that, but 80% lowers are (or were) under $80 and the magwells are already cut.

A CNC machine would use a completely different file format than the printer though. The basic drawing and programming process is similar.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #49
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
look at glocks they are full composite right?
Only the frame. The slide, barrel, and trigger group are all steel.
There has been a lot of propaganda from the left that Glocks can be taken through airport security without triggering the alarm. Not true.
Even without the slide and barrel, there's enough metal left in the trigger group and roll pins to trigger.
The magazine bodies are also metal.

Likewise for the Springfield XD, S&W MP, and any other "plastic" gun.
Ruger even makes a composite revolver... the LCR... but only the grip and trigger group housing are composite. The housing around the cylinder and barrel is aluminum, and the cylinder and barrel sleeve are steel.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:10 AM   #50

Quote:
i would gladly spend the extra money to have an unnumbered gun that has reliability of a strong lower
You can do that now with an 80% lower and a $200 jig, drill press, couple of 2x4s, and a couple of mills.

http://www.cncguns.com/tooling.html

Perfectly legal, but you can't sell it without engraving the BATFE-required information (Manufacturer's name, city, caliber, model, and a serial number)
Problem with a home-build is you can't use a fictitious name... it has to be your first and last name. The model and serial numbers, you can make up.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #51
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
a new horizon in the struggle between citizen autonomy/bill-of-rights and the societal control apparatchiks...
Old 03-30-2013, 12:46 PM   #52

Quote:
Well of course. it has never been said that you can print a FULL gun. i was alluding to the fact that they are considered unbreakable guns to many, and they use a plastic that can hold up!
Far from unbreakable.

There are a lot of photos of "blown up" Glocks out there.
Many have been caused by hot reloads and may have damaged a 1911, but I've never heard anyone consider any of the "plastic" guns to be unbreakable.

They are lighter, which has it's pros and cons. It's nice because they carry better, but they also transmit more recoil force to the hand.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #53

Quote:
sorry i suck at articulation myself. i mean, unlike in the video, they hold up to more than 100 rounds. a lot more.
Oh ya... they are perfectly reliable guns.

They aren't stronger than steel, but they are strong enough.
And it's possible to blow up a steel gun as well.