Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

9MM ammunition

Old 02-16-2009, 08:02 PM   #21
40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice

40204ever's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to 40204ever
They are nice rounds.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:05 PM   #22
40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice

40204ever's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to 40204ever
I prefer winchester silvertips. The winchesters are hard to find and are really expensive now. I think it is because they are silver and can be used for the undead.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:25 AM   #23
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
I buy from Wal Mart when I can and when they have some. They are usually sold out shortly after restocking the shelves.
Check out this place for decent deals on ammo and gear
www.sportsmanguide.com
Old 02-17-2009, 07:30 AM   #24
gonzo6up has a spectacular aura aboutgonzo6up has a spectacular aura about

gonzo6up's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
that's the same ammo i shoot in my 45 and i like it better than rem or winchester. It shoots fairly clean and more accurate to me. I also like the Wolf in 7.62 x 39 for the same reasons
Old 02-17-2009, 08:44 AM   #25
Banned
Bill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to behold
Bill Brasky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristopherl View Post
Yeah.. it's going to be hard to find any ammo for a while. just bought a .40 and wanted ammo and had to go to 5 different places just to find someone that had hand gun ammo
I have some .40 ammo that I won't be using (since I don't have a .40 anymore)

PM me if you are interested. I'll sell it cheap. I guess I have about 300 rounds...including some Speer Gold Dots.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:18 AM   #26
Berlin is on a distinguished road
Berlin's Tacoma Gallery
I find different ammo acts differently in every gun. I have Ruger .40 that won't take anything but Winchester and a Walther 9mm that prefers Rems. Run a couple boxes through a gun and see 1) how accurate it is, 2) how reliable it is [does it jam or eject poorly], and 3) how dirty it leaves your barrel after you shoot. Usually, but not always, you get what you pay for. Too bad ammo prices have gone through the freakin roof.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:33 PM   #27
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40204ever View Post
have you seen the federal hydrashok +P+?

It will make my 9mm bark like a big gun.
Living on the edge...+P+ in a handgun. That stuffs for Sub guns.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:35 PM   #28
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonKs View Post
Alot of modern autos are designed to handle it. I know my Sig and Glock is.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:40 PM   #29
Be a fountain, not a drain.
bambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevin
bambooshoots's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonKs View Post
Actually true subgun ammo is WAY hotter.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:04 PM   #30
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin View Post
I find different ammo acts differently in every gun. I have Ruger .40 that won't take anything but Winchester and a Walther 9mm that prefers Rems. Run a couple boxes through a gun and see 1) how accurate it is, 2) how reliable it is [does it jam or eject poorly], and 3) how dirty it leaves your barrel after you shoot. Usually, but not always, you get what you pay for. Too bad ammo prices have gone through the freakin roof.
x2
Personally, I think the same rule applies to all firearms. Pistols, rifles, and shotguns. Different guns simply work better and are more accurate with different brands of ammo. Definitely, some brands are more commonly better than others. But for just plinking around, why not use range ammo or just experiment with different brands. For situations where accuracy and reliability are critical then my opinion is to go with the stuff that works best for your gun that you can afford.

For my 9mm, I've been using the Remington 115 gr metal case.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:40 PM   #31
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
Have any of you guys heard of the laws that they are working on to make only "coded ammunition" available?

Pretty scary, I guess they keep failing to take our guns so they will attack us on the ammo side of it
Old 02-23-2009, 05:33 AM   #32
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
Have any of you guys heard of the laws that they are working on to make only "coded ammunition" available?

Pretty scary, I guess they keep failing to take our guns so they will attack us on the ammo side of it
yeah.. it's called the Accountability Act. Every bullet will be registered to the purchaser. So if your ammo gets stolen and used in a robbery then guess who will get convicted with little court debate. not to mention the ammo price will probably double or triple in price.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:55 AM   #33
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post

Quote:
yeah.. it's called the Accountability Act. Every bullet will be registered to the purchaser. So if your ammo gets stolen and used in a robbery then guess who will get convicted with little court debate. not to mention the ammo price will probably double or triple in price.

thats why personal reload is the only way to go.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:09 AM   #34
Banned
Bill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to behold
Bill Brasky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr View Post
thats why personal reload is the only way to go.
Under this new bill, reloads will be illegal...unless reloaded with coded jackets.

All non-coded ammo has to be destroyed.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:13 AM   #35
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
Under this new bill, reloads will be illegal...unless reloaded with coded jackets.

All non-coded ammo has to be destroyed.

are they gonna come and inspect each round from my magazines?

I think not.

fuck 'em.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:29 AM   #36
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

From what I understand they are laser coding the ass end of the bullet itself. so all your reloads will have that laser coding too. Also, from what I understand is that if you don't turn in your un-coded ammo you automatically become a felon if caught with un-coded ammo
Old 02-23-2009, 06:31 AM   #37
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
From what I understand they are laser coding the ass end of the bullet itself. so all your reloads will have that laser coding too. Also, from what I understand is that if you don't turn in your un-coded ammo you automatically become a felon if caught with un-coded ammo

If you stocked up on supplies now, you'd still be able to have non-coded dope.

I guess I'd become a felon... I'm not turnin in shit, and I'm not destroying any good ammo.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:40 AM   #38

Quote:

I guess I'd become a felon... I'm not turnin in shit, and I'm not destroying any good ammo.
I know, I will be a felon too

It's a bunch of BS. This won't solve anything.. I don't think most criminals get they shit from Dicks Sporting Goods. Or they just get the smuggled in shit.

the other thing is that all the foreign cheap ammo will no longer be available.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:40 AM   #39
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
check out cheaperthandirt.com the sell bulk ammo
Old 02-23-2009, 06:43 AM   #40

Quote:

I'm trying to but that shit's expensive to try to do in just a few month. I'm not talking 50 or 100 rounds... I'm going for the 1000 rnds at a time. goal for now is about 5-8 thousand accross my different guns