Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

9MM ammunition

Old 02-23-2009, 11:51 AM   #61
romeo oscar bravo
zero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nice

Name: Rob
zero niner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
Am I the only guy carrying Speer Gold Dots in 9mm?

I dig the Hyrdashoks, but law enforcement around here carries the Speer and I try to mimick that in an effort to create an umbrella of legal protection if I ever have to use them. Same reason I only carry 10-round mags.

just wondering.
Not at all, I forgot to mention that Federal, Speer and CCI are all the same manufacturer and I coincedentially I used to buy bulk police ammo in Speer Gold Dot (boxes in 250 count), not for the reasons that you mentioned but because my range was the police practice and training range so I had good access to quality ammo at a great price. I used the .40 in Gold Dot during that era...

Rob
Old 02-25-2009, 05:46 AM   #62
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
just picked up 1120 rnds of 7.62x39 yesterday and finally found some online today for $50 less
Old 02-25-2009, 06:07 AM   #63
roughnready62 is on a distinguished road
Army: Military Police Platoon leader, Arctic MP
roughnready62's Tacoma Gallery
where did you see it for cheaper? and was it 50 bucks cheaper including shipping? cause I know that normally runs a lot.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:23 AM   #64
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughnready62 View Post
where did you see it for cheaper? and was it 50 bucks cheaper including shipping? cause I know that normally runs a lot.
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalo...mmo-click-here

$329 + $41 for shipping
Old 02-25-2009, 06:34 AM   #65
Banned
Bill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to behold
Bill Brasky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristopherl View Post
Man. For 7.62. This is crazy. It's like the most abundant ammo in the world. That much 7.62 (yugo mil surplus at that) should be closer to $150.

This is getting ridiculous.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:37 AM   #66

Quote:
Man. For 7.62. This is crazy. It's like the most abundant ammo in the world. That much 7.62 (yugo mil surplus at that) should be closer to $150.

I know.. pisses me off that I had to pay that much. At lease it's reloadable. I have shot this before and it is pretty decent.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:41 PM   #67
Be a fountain, not a drain.
bambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevin
bambooshoots's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Am I the only guy carrying Speer Gold Dots in 9mm?

I dig the Hyrdashoks, but law enforcement around here carries the Speer and I try to mimick that in an effort to create an umbrella of legal protection if I ever have to use them. Same reason I only carry 10-round mags.

just wondering.
I used to carry Speer Gold Dots; I just prefer the Federal HST.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:42 PM   #68
Be a fountain, not a drain.
bambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevin
bambooshoots's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Well, it is brass cased which is why it's both more expensive and reloadable.

Hell, 7.62 x39 is getting scarce.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:54 AM   #69
Golf Man will become famous soon enough
Golf Man's Tacoma Gallery
I carried hydrashok in a Walther for years, awsome round. We found an over penetration issue with silvertip and transitioned to Speer.