LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

PMAG 10 first look

Old 04-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #1
Yoshio is a name known to allYoshio is a name known to allYoshio is a name known to allYoshio is a name known to allYoshio is a name known to allYoshio is a name known to all

Air Force: Space Professional
Name: Scott
Yoshio's Tacoma Gallery
PMAG 10 first look

Now that I am expecting to change bases to California, I pre-ordered some PMAG 10 magazines from dsgarms.com, and they arrived today!

Profile picture with the magazine in:
PMAG 10 first look-uploadfromtaptalk1366472443206.jpg

Side/front :
PMAG 10 first look-uploadfromtaptalk1366472455880.jpg

Side:
PMAG 10 first look-uploadfromtaptalk1366472468334.jpg

PMAG 10 next to PMAG 30 (both gen 3):
PMAG 10 first look-uploadfromtaptalk1366472478079.jpg

Not excited about giving up my 30 round mags, but these 10 round ones are pretty nice!

EDIT: Yes, I will be installing a bullet button to be fully compliant with California law, I needed these to comply with the CA magazine restrictions.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Is the rifle even allowed in California? It can accept a 30 round mag.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
Yoshio is a name known to allYoshio is a name known to allYoshio is a name known to allYoshio is a name known to allYoshio is a name known to allYoshio is a name known to all

Yoshio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
Is the rifle even allowed in California? It can accept a 30 round mag.
Add a bullet button and voila! CA legal (with 10 round mags)

I could try and get my base commander to sign a letter for me to the local police, but this seems easier.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:24 AM   #4
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
What about bayonet lug, flash suppressor, adjustable stock and pistiol grip. I thought all of those were no-nos in commieforia
Old 04-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #5

Yoshio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASTRATE View Post
What about bayonet lug, flash suppressor, adjustable stock and pistiol grip. I thought all of those were no-nos in commieforia
None of that matters so long as the magazine is only removable via a tool separate from the gun, such as a bullet button using a bullet, and the magazines are 10 rounds or less.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:59 AM   #6
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
Good deal. Sucks that you gotta do away with the 30 rounders though. Is the move just temporary or long term? I don't think I could go without hicap mags for very long
Old 04-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #7

Yoshio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good deal. Sucks that you gotta do away with the 30 rounders though. Is the move just temporary or long term? I don't think I could go without hicap mags for very long
As temporary as a 4 year tour can be I'm afraid. And since 80% of my career field is in Colorado who passed their magazine ban, it looks like I'll be rocking these for quite some time.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #8
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
...ominous storm clouds on the horizon for kalifornia... don't stay longer than you have to..
Old 04-20-2013, 10:13 PM   #9
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bayo and bayo lug have never been prohibited in California.

The other items are prohibited on Semiautomatic centerfire rifles that have the ability to accept a detachable magazine.
The bullet buttons locks the magazine in place and requires a separate tool to remove the magazine.

This was a case of California law biting the lawmakers in their own butts.
The ban prohibits the "SKS with detachable magazine" (the type that accepts AK mags).
The non-detachable version of the SKS can be field stripped using a bullet tip as a tool to release the magazine. Because of this, the fact that a bullet tip is an acceptable tool is actually codified in the law.

A secondary statute prohibits fixed-magazine semi-auto centerfire rifles from a capacity of over 10 rounds, so a high-cap in a receiver with a bullet button is considered an assault weapon even if it is featureless.

#1 - Needs and has a bullet button (magazine is blocked to 10 rounds):

#2 - Does not need a bullet button... needs better optics

No pictures of my AR-22, but rimfire rifles are exempt. It looks like the first one but is all black, with a 16" barrel instead of a 14.5"
Old 04-20-2013, 10:16 PM   #10
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
...ominous storm clouds on the horizon for kalifornia... don't stay longer than you have to..
Yee and his buddies have passed bullshit out of committee every session for the last 5 years.
They generally are not even brought to a vote... It's been like this every spring.... and the last day of the Assembly session is always a nail-bighter up all night monitoring until they close.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #11
except for God, I answer to no one
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
i really like the paint on the first AR, who did it? if you don't mind me asking.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
i really like the paint on the first AR, who did it? if you don't mind me asking.
Brownell's Alumahyde-II, some cardboard stencils, and fishnets.

Shoot a coat, wait a week for it to cure, shoot another coat, etc.... With flat clear, it took me a month to complete.

The dark color looks a bit green due to the lighting, but it's a dead match for Magpul FDE. The CAA FDE/Tan was a bit lighter, which is why I ran the desert tan more predominantly on that portion of the lower.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:25 PM   #13
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Brownell's Alumahyde-II, some cardboard stencils, and fishnets.

Shoot a coat, wait a week for it to cure, shoot another coat, etc.... With flat clear, it took me a month to complete.

The dark color looks a bit green due to the lighting, but it's a dead match for Magpul FDE. The CAA FDE/Tan was a bit lighter, which is why I ran the desert tan more predominantly on that portion of the lower.
Thanks for the info Rich, i'll have to bookmark this for my next build.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #14
dtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dtmccray's Tacoma Gallery
I am curious why the people of California allow these dumb ass laws to be passed much less enforced.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #15

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmccray View Post
I am curious why the people of California allow these dumb ass laws to be passed much less enforced.
either people like us are the minority, or our elected officials don't listen to what the people want, only what they want.
honestly i'm not sure which as i don't like or follow politics.
however we (californians) did manage to not let a "assault weapons ban" pass, 60 against, 40 for.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #16

Quote:
Because the district boundaries are drawn in a way that guarantees the incumbent a job for life.

So we enacted term limits.

So when the incumbent is termed out, he moves to the other house, and his replacement is from the same party.

Incumbents nearly always run unopposed in their primary.
In the general, the opposing party does not provide any support for their candidate.

In my district, last election, thanks to California now having "open primaries" and no longer only allowing one candidate from each party... my US congressman choice was between two people of the same party.
I wrote in my own name on that race.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:12 PM   #17
dtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I just can't wrap my head around all the idiotic things that are allowed to go on. My question is still why comply or if you are a cop why enforce it?..sorry about the thread jack.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:15 PM   #18

I wonder if you could take the bottom plate off of your mags and put a "plug" or sorts in it to limit the mag to 10 or however many? Would it be legal? Even then does it matter if it is?
Old 04-20-2013, 11:19 PM   #19

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I wonder if you could take the bottom plate off of your mags and put a "plug" or sorts in it to limit the mag to 10 or however many? Would it be legal? Even then does it matter if it is?
It would have to be "permanent" I believe, something like a rivet in the side.
We bought some 10/30 mags in CALI the brought them back to MISS, drilled out the rivet and viola, 30 round mags.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:32 PM   #20

So if op pulled his mag apart and put 1 rivet through the front of the mag or inserted a dowel inside the spring and put a tiny screw through the bottom plate into the bottom plate on the spring he could probably keep and use his current mags.