Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Help me pick a compact .45

Old 04-29-2013, 06:31 PM   #41
pamtnman will become famous soon enough

pamtnman's Tacoma Gallery
If I were in the market for a compact .45, Kimber would be my only choice. Beautiful, reliable guns.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:46 PM   #42
I owe it all to little chocolate donuts
JayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JayDirt's Tacoma Gallery
Kimber's are beautiful, however, I went with Sig P220 Carry.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:59 PM   #43
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDirt View Post

One of the things I don't like about my CZ is a 5.3" height. Since it's my only carry pistol, dressing around it in summer can be difficult, which is why I'm looking at something under 5" which unfortunately puts most Sigs (and I think all 45s) out of the running
Old 04-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #44
pamtnman will become famous soon enough

pamtnman's Tacoma Gallery
Can't go wrong with SIG. Superior firearms. They are more utilitarian to my eye, whereas the Kimbers have all the reliability and much better lines and looks. My old SIG P228 9MM was an unbelievably accurate, reliable gun; it now rides on the hip of a combat colonel in a distant place...

Quote:

Old 04-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #45
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
One of the things I don't like about my CZ is a 5.3" height. Since it's my only carry pistol, dressing around it in summer can be difficult, which is why I'm looking at something under 5" which unfortunately puts most Sigs (and I think all 45s) out of the running

http://www.xdspistol.com/specs.php xds is only 4.4 inches tall

Old 04-29-2013, 08:42 PM   #46
JayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JayDirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
I carry in a forward holster by Galco...not too bad. This one looks pretty sweet.

http://www.usgalco.com/ViewLargePic...._KO-Shadow.jpg
Old 04-29-2013, 08:50 PM   #47

JayDirt's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFortRichard View Post
That XD-s is very accurate at 100yds...check out this guy...he's very good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtnDae4P2I8
This is another good choice..hand cannon anyone?
Old 05-07-2013, 04:07 AM   #48
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Now I'm having second thougts about .45 and getting a 9mm instead for summer then whenever I have the cash getting a .45 for winter..
Old 05-07-2013, 05:14 AM   #49
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
Might as well just get what you wanna get the first time. Price gap isn't too big.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:01 AM   #50
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamtnman View Post
If I were in the market for a compact .45, Kimber would be my only choice. Beautiful, reliable guns.
X2. I looked at some sigs. I'd like to get one. But right now,in my area,45 ammo is easier to get than 9.
Idk if you've been to a well stocked gun store yet,most are cleaned out. But try and go look at several.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:24 AM   #51
stroked383z has a spectacular aura aboutstroked383z has a spectacular aura about
stroked383z's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't read back through all this..... but my recommendation is the S&W M&P .45C. They're great shooting pistols. You can also buy the .22 version and have basically the same feel for practicing when ammo prices go back to reality. And I "think" you can buy a 9mm barrel and it will work with the .45 frame. I think anyways lol
Old 05-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #52
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroked383z View Post
Didn't read back through all this..... but my recommendation is the S&W M&P .45C. They're great shooting pistols. You can also buy the .22 version and have basically the same feel for practicing when ammo prices go back to reality. And I "think" you can buy a 9mm barrel and it will work with the .45 frame. I think anyways lol

you can buy a 9mm barrel to work in the 40 cal guns but not the 45s...also a 357sig barrel is a drop in the 40 cal it uses the same mags even
Old 05-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #53
come on fhqwhgads

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Welp drove to one of the bigger shops around and they didnt have any m&p45c's but they had two XDs'.

One followed me home. Probably going to get a PRP or Talon rubber grip for it.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #54
stroked383z has a spectacular aura aboutstroked383z has a spectacular aura about
stroked383z's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmodel65 View Post
you can buy a 9mm barrel to work in the 40 but not the 45s...also a 357sig barrel is a drop in the 40 cal it uses the same mags even
I knew it was one way or the other lol. The .40 will be my choice then ill get the other barrels.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:50 AM   #55
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

x2 I've been carrying my Sig 220 Compact for almost a year now with no complaints. A quality holster will make a medium sized handgun disappear with ease. I am a stocky guy at 6' tall and 240 lbs; and I have no problems CCing with an IWB holster and a heavy t-shirt.

I have looked at a second pistol though; the Springfield XDm for the higher capacity and smaller size. My only issue is I do not really care for their trigger.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:29 AM   #57
Assimilated
On An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
On An Island's Tacoma Gallery
I enjoyed shooting the Glock 30SF enough that I've ordered a Glock 30S (30SF frame and 36 slide) for my CC needs. The shorter front-back thickness of the grip made it comfortable for me (normal-size hands) even with the 10 + 1 capacity.

It may not be elegant like a Kimber (what is?), but it's functional, it fits and it's got a decent price tag.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #58
Broja OG and CEO
mipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mike
Location: Behind the windshield, watching the world pass on the right.
mipawlus's Tacoma Gallery
For someone on a budget, I'd say the M&P, I love my .40. It feels more natural than most of the others. However, if you have cheese to spread, get an HK or a Kimber. My brother carries a USP 45 and I have heard nothing but fantastic things about Kimber - specifically the Ultra Carry. If you have a range that rents guns or if you have a willing friend, go test fire them.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:44 AM   #60
ski-doo ride the best screw the rest!
Murph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant future

Army: 19D
Murph's Tacoma Gallery
S&W M&P 45 for sure. I have the full size and its an amazing hand gun. I highly recommend it.