Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

How Safe is Your Ammo Stockpile in a Fire? (vid)

Old 04-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
How Safe is Your Ammo Stockpile in a Fire? (vid)

...good educational vid, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SlOXowwC4c
Old 04-28-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Cool video. About 8 minutes in.

I LOL'd when I realized I'd never before seen a bullet with a bullet hole in it until this video.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:38 PM   #3
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
lets see these tests with a couple hundred pounds of powder.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #4
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't even watched the video but given as how it was done with SAAMI oversight I will assume this one is legitimate as opposed to some of the other videos flying around the world wide web. The fact that departments are starting to adopt a policy of not entering when ammo is present based on these is BS. If it's not chambered it's the same effect as fireworks at worst (unless chambered) and likely won't reach the heat required to cook off anyway. There have been several instances around here were firefighters have stood by and watched perfectly savable homes burn to the ground because they heard there was ammo inside and were concerned for their safety. Fire departments need to do better research and learn what is a safety concern and what is not because let's face it, fires themselves are dangerous so before long their job will be to show up to the scene of a fire and keep it contained to the one house and oversee until it burns itself out. You know, safety first!
Old 04-30-2013, 11:06 AM   #5
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
lets see these tests with a couple hundred pounds of powder.
Same thing.
If you don't have a pressure vessel, you don't have an explosion.
Helluva fire, but no explosion.
Never store your powder in a safe.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #6
Jetman1979 is on a distinguished road
Navy: E-6 retired
Name: Michael
Jetman1979's Tacoma Gallery
Wow lots of ammo was used wish I had all that ammo. Good vid.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:08 AM   #7
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
my brother tells me this is how they dispose of unknown ammo. dump it all in a barrel and burn it. he says it sounds like popcorn going off.

very unlike what they depict in movies