LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Poll: Do you carry in your truck?

View Poll Results: Do you carry in your truck?
Yes 117 70.91%
No 6 3.64%
No; But I'd like to 38 23.03%
No; I don't see a point 4 2.42%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2013, 09:06 PM   #21
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
The main "gotcha" is the Federal GFSZ law... and I can see there may be efforts to strengthen it in the wake of Newtown.

Whether a state allows LOC/UOC or not, federal law requires firearms to be unloaded in a locked container or locked mount (gun rack) when within 1000ft of a K12 school.
There is an exemption for those who possess a CCW/CHL/CWP... but the exemption ONLY applies in the state of issuance.
Having a Florida non-resident CCW permits one to carry concealed in some 20+ states, but it only provides an exemption to the Federal GFSZ law in Florida.
Likewise, Arizona, Vermont, and Alaska constitutional carry laws do not provide the exemption without the CHL.

Thankfully, it is a federal law, and I've never heard of it being enforced by local authorities other than incident to arrest on other charges. Even cases where people have been arrested under California 626.9 (California's own GFSZ law), they have not been charged under the Federal statutes.

As for carrying on school property, it depends on the state. California may be tough to obtain a CCW in many counties, but it does provide an exemption and allows loaded concealed carry pretty much anywhere except a bar or courthouse.
BUT... when the gun is not on the person, the same laws that apply to a non-permitted person apply to the permitted person. If he leaves his handgun in his car, it must be in a secure locking container and unloaded.
yep, ...good call on the CHL excemption for GFSZ, ....but basically i think GFSZ is probably unconstitutional to begin with, ...but that's a whole other topic... there was a video of an open carry activist in MI that posted a vid recently of him OCing into a school, ..he said he has a CHL, but because of MI law could only carry openly in the school... talk about bassackwards!
Old 04-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #22
1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
1911's Tacoma Gallery
Always.

Carry an Ed Brown or Wilson Combat 1911 45 auto on my person.

In the back floorboard in a discreet carry bag (never guess what was in there) a underfolding Yugo ak47 with red dot optic.

While I have carry permit in more than just my home state, VA is still an open carry state.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #23
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
yep, ...was that the bill that was rejected by the TN court?... i could be getting things mixed up, but thought that it was either that or restaurant carry that ran into problems there?...
No iím 99% sure it passed.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:15 PM   #24
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911 View Post
Always.

Carry an Ed Brown or Wilson Combat 1911 45 auto on my person.

In the back floorboard in a discreet carry bag (never guess what was in there) a underfolding Yugo ak47 with red dot optic.

While I have carry permit in more than just my home state, VA is still an open carry state.
nice guns. and Welcome to TW and nice 1st post!
Old 04-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #25
1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
1911's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you very much, have lurked for a bit, learned a lot for my Tacoma build.

Love the site.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #26
WhyNotFab is on a distinguished road
Name: Ricky
WhyNotFab's Tacoma Gallery
I usually have my Shield 9mm or Glock 27 on me, with my Glock 23 in the console or wedged between the seat & console, and if I'm doing more than just a quick trip to town, like visiting family 40 minutes away where there's a chance I may go anywhere and get the urge to shoot a little I bring my AR. Always have a bunch of Glock and AR mags in the truck anyway.. Usually around 15 loaded AR mags lol.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:40 PM   #27
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
yep, ...good call on the CHL excemption for GFSZ, ....but basically i think GFSZ is probably unconstitutional to begin with, ...but that's a whole other topic... there was a video of an open carry activist in MI that posted a vid recently of him OCing into a school, ..he said he has a CHL, but because of MI law could only carry openly in the school... talk about bassackwards!
California WAS like that until they specifically banned open carry.

The way the law was worded, the CCW provided two exemptions... an exemption on carrying concealed, without a locking container... and an exemption on carrying a loaded firearm.
So under the wording of the law, there was nothing preventing someone with a CCW from carrying LOC, at any location allowed under the terms of their county's CCW policies.

On the GFSZ law, it falls under yet another abuse of the Commerce Clause, because the firearm, ammo, or some part of it had previously moved through interstate commerce.
My understanding of the commerce clause back in the 70s when I studied the Constitution was that it applied directly TO interstate commerce... but of course, that has not been how more recent judges have seen it.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #29
Master Navigator/Zipper Operator
Germ is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, Glock 23 under the steering wheel like the pic attached. Not mine just a random pic from the net but it gets the point across. Also, in the process of creating a "false wall" area behind the rear seats of my DC to mount my AR. I'll get some pics up when I finish that.
Attached Thumbnails
Poll: Do you carry in your truck?-vehicle_mount2__65186.1319585482.1280.1280.jpg  
Old 04-29-2013, 06:30 AM   #30
Molon Labe
WThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Will
WThomas1250's Tacoma Gallery
As soon as I'm old enough to I will
Old 04-29-2013, 06:39 AM   #31
Just a desert dude.
XIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
XIGUNHAWKIX's Tacoma Gallery
Mossberg w/buck in the backseat, HK USP .40 in the front.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:09 AM   #32
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
i carry have my XDS in my front pocket of my cargo shorts today
Old 04-29-2013, 01:03 PM   #33
hualampeter has a spectacular aura abouthualampeter has a spectacular aura about

Marines:
Name: Peter
hualampeter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slodc4 View Post
18" barrel Mossberg 500 under the rear seats and a xdm 9mm in the front
I did the exact same thing with the rear seat. Now I have an M1A Scout for my truck heh.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:06 PM   #34
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
In Colorado you can legally open carry so if you have the gun within sight then its perfectly legal, But the law has alot of ins and outs that can screw you over if youre not aware of them.

CCW on the other hand isnt much of a problem carrying except in my experience you really want to make sure you remember where it is at ALL times. Dont put it somewhere that cant be reached without stretching around

Keep the weapon within hands reach at all times and you should be fine, I only say that because if you get pulled over and you tell the officer you have a weapon and you go reaching it for it way in the back or under the seat or something and the cop is going to be on EDGE sometimes its better to just let the police officer get the weapon.
Uhh... no. In Colorado your vehicle is an extension of your home and other than an old poaching law on the books that prevents you from having a round in the chamber (does not apply to a handgun as it's a long-gun law) you are perfectly within your rights to keep a firearm ANYWHERE you want. You also are not obligated by law to inform a LEO that has contacted you that you are carrying. Tell them what you have & where it is if they ask but you're not required to. At no point will a LEO take my firearm or 'get' my firearm unless I've done something wrong and no, speeding does not count as doing something wrong. Most LEOs get that the guy who has a CCW permit that is telling you about his firearm isn't the problem. It's the guy that's got a record that ISN'T telling you about his weapons you need to worry about.

BTW, not only do I generally have two handguns on my person I also keep this in my truck:

I'm not part of the problem and the day my state see's me as such I will find a new state that sees me as the asset to my community that I am. Too many drains on society making & voting for 'safety' rules for the rest of us.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #35
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
Uhh... no. In Colorado your vehicle is an extension of your home and other than an old poaching law on the books that prevents you from having a round in the chamber (does not apply to a handgun as it's a long-gun law) you are perfectly within your rights to keep a firearm ANYWHERE you want. You also are not obligated by law to inform a LEO that has contacted you that you are carrying. Tell them what you have & where it is if they ask but you're not required to. At no point will a LEO take my firearm or 'get' my firearm unless I've done something wrong and no, speeding does not count as doing something wrong. Most LEOs get that the guy who has a CCW permit that is telling you about his firearm isn't the problem. It's the guy that's got a record that ISN'T telling you about his weapons you need to worry about.

BTW, not only do I generally have two handguns on my person I also keep this in my truck:

I'm not part of the problem and the day my state see's me as such I will find a new state that sees me as the asset to my community that I am. Too many drains on society making & voting for 'safety' rules for the rest of us.
More info on how you made that mount or where it came from? I would love to carry one of my rifles this way.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #36
Learning Mode
Telluride is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
Telluride's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Ostrichsak;6815656]

Where did you get that mount? I want one
Old 04-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #37
llibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
llibrm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
More info on how you made that mount or where it came from? I would love to carry one of my rifles this way.
Agreed. That's badass
Old 04-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #39
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
Details forthcoming...
Awesome, thank you!
Old 04-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #40
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
big sky makes some racks ive never seen that brand before

Products Discussed in this Thread