Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Poll: Do you carry in your truck?

View Poll Results: Do you carry in your truck?
Yes 117 70.91%
No 6 3.64%
No; But I'd like to 38 23.03%
No; I don't see a point 4 2.42%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #61
Jetman1979 is on a distinguished road
Navy: E-6 retired
Name: Michael
Jetman1979's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I do carry in my truck and she is loaded. I live in the great state of Texas were it is all legal. I have my CCW for Utah and Texas as well. However I will have to go to California soon for work so all that has to stop.
I hate that state I grew up there the only good thing about it is the weather and thats about it.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #63
Jetman1979 is on a distinguished road
Navy: E-6 retired
Name: Michael
Jetman1979's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
Wut, no Florida?
No Flordia those two cover most states but not commiefornia.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:42 PM   #64
taylorf16 will become famous soon enough

Name: Noah
taylorf16's Tacoma Gallery
Loaded Glock 19 by my seatbelt release, then it leaves when I leave. There's an 18.5 in mossberg in the back somewhere, loaded with slugs.

I have an ATF buddy that was saying the cop cars have a rack similar to the one on here earlier... It has a button you can hit that will unlock it for 30 seconds, then re-lock it you don't take it... I'm going to get more into on that.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #66
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
Uhh... no. In Colorado your vehicle is an extension of your home and other than an old poaching law on the books that prevents you from having a round in the chamber (does not apply to a handgun as it's a long-gun law) you are perfectly within your rights to keep a firearm ANYWHERE you want. You also are not obligated by law to inform a LEO that has contacted you that you are carrying. Tell them what you have & where it is if they ask but you're not required to. At no point will a LEO take my firearm or 'get' my firearm unless I've done something wrong and no, speeding does not count as doing something wrong. Most LEOs get that the guy who has a CCW permit that is telling you about his firearm isn't the problem. It's the guy that's got a record that ISN'T telling you about his weapons you need to worry about.

BTW, not only do I generally have two handguns on my person I also keep this in my truck:

I'm not part of the problem and the day my state see's me as such I will find a new state that sees me as the asset to my community that I am. Too many drains on society making & voting for 'safety' rules for the rest of us.
Thats a nice set up. Mind sharing where you got the bracket and lock?

As for me i keep my xd 9mm on me in the front. A remington 887 tactical in the back under seat. And a m91/30 in the bed.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:03 PM   #67
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorf16 View Post
Loaded Glock 19 by my seatbelt release, then it leaves when I leave. There's an 18.5 in mossberg in the back somewhere, loaded with slugs.

I have an ATF buddy that was saying the cop cars have a rack similar to the one on here earlier... It has a button you can hit that will unlock it for 30 seconds, then re-lock it you don't take it... I'm going to get more into on that.
If you're talking about mine then yes, it's made primarily using parts from Santa Cruz which are used largely in law enforcement vehicles. The lock is an electric lock that's also tied into my remote start & alarm system that's also tied into my mobile phone. I can unlock the rifle with the keyfob (when the truck is running if need be) or I can unlock it remotely from 10 states away if I needed to for some reason. I envision a situation where I'm traveling and the wife is trapped inside of the garage w/o a firearm during the zombiepocalyse and I can unlock the truck doors with my cell phone and then unlock the rifle for her to use.

(Yes, I lock my truck even when 'secured' in my garage. I'm paranoid about having firearms not on my person or in a safe in my home so I take all precautions to keep them as secure as possible... even in my garage that is on camera/alarm surveillance)
Old 04-30-2013, 07:26 PM   #68
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorf16 View Post

http://www.bigskyracks.com/products/...rcement-racks/
Old 04-30-2013, 08:46 PM   #69
Master Navigator/Zipper Operator
Germ is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody have a guess as to whether the big sky racks would fit behind the rear seats of a DC? Sure beats the shit out of my idea to us quick fist clamps instead.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #70
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmodel65 View Post
yes but you are not effecting interstate commerce by carrying to a school...they added a few words. there is still an exemption heck its even legal to carry to k-12 schools in cali, and oregon etc(assuming you are licensed)
The SCOTUS has supported other abuses of the Commerce Clause using the logic that the item involved HAS MOVED through interstate commerce.

Like I said... I don't know that GFSZ-II has been tested by the SCOTUS yet, but generally, when something is kicked out, the follow-on is carefully worded to avoid the objections of the majority opinion.

California had AB962, which would have banned sales of handgun ammo except in-person at a licensed dealer, limited quantities, etc... there was one exemption, and Cheaper Than Shit said "we don't care, we aren't going to risk it, we are not honoring the exemption".
That was thrown out as "Unconstitutionally vague" because it lacked a clear definition of "handgun ammunition".

So now a bill passed out of committee that applies to ALL ammo.
If it passes, I'm going to be making a lot of trips to AZ.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:19 PM   #71
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
and wa

(1) It is unlawful for a person to carry onto, or to possess on, public or private elementary or secondary school premises, school-provided transportation, or areas of facilities while being used exclusively by public or private schools:

(a) Any firearm;
but...

(e) Any person in possession of a pistol who has been issued a license under RCW 9.41.070, or is exempt from the licensing requirement by RCW 9.41.060, while picking up or dropping off a student;
That is virtually identical to California, except 626.9 includes ammo as well.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #72
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
That is virtually identical to California, except 626.9 includes ammo as well.
yeah and Cali has an exemption to carry on school property if licensed in Georgia you could to jail for a year if licensed and a felony if not licensed(although we have a pick up and drop off provision)

Quote:
(l) This section does not apply to a duly appointed peace officer
as defined in Chapter 4.5 (commencing with Section 830) of Title 3 of
Part 2, a full-time paid peace officer of another state or the
federal government who is carrying out official duties while in
California, any person summoned by any of these officers to assist in
making arrests or preserving the peace while he or she is actually
engaged in assisting the officer, a member of the military forces of
this state or of the United States who is engaged in the performance
of his or her duties, a person holding a valid license to carry the
firearm pursuant to Chapter 4
(commencing with Section 26150) of
Division 5 of Title 4 of Part 6, or an armored vehicle guard, engaged
in the performance of his or her duties, as defined in subdivision
Old 05-15-2013, 11:08 PM   #73
johnnychimpo711 is on a distinguished road
Army:
johnnychimpo711's Tacoma Gallery
I do carry in my truck; usually on my hip, when it's not there I tuck it between the center console and seatbelt buckle. Kimber Crimson Pro Carry 1911.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #74
06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

06indigoink's Tacoma Gallery
i carry everywhere. so yes, i carry in my truck.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:38 PM   #75
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Carry in my truck usually unchambered unless there are a lot of game birds flying at the farm
Old 05-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #76
Pavement Princess
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06indigoink View Post
i carry everywhere. so yes, i carry in my truck.
+1
Old 05-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #77
Assimilated
On An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
On An Island's Tacoma Gallery
I do and to be safe, I put a Console Vault in my Taco. If you're interested, here's a link to how easy it was:

Console Vault Install
Old 05-23-2013, 10:38 AM   #78
RansomFTW has a spectacular aura aboutRansomFTW has a spectacular aura aboutRansomFTW has a spectacular aura about

RansomFTW's Tacoma Gallery
Ive ben thinking about this recently. Im always out in the woods and on forest service roads with my girlfriend and there have been a few times where we both agreed having a gun would have been nice just in case. And she is also terrified of cougars and I of bears so having it in the car so when we go on our moments notice hikes i will have my gun with me. Leaning towards a center console holster mount, or somewhere under my dash
Old 05-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #80
H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman
82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3/1 infantry sniper plt reach out and touch someone
Name: BUBBA
82 yotaman's Tacoma Gallery
I carry in my truck always, I got my .45 in the wet okle gun tote on the drivers side you can't be too careful in the world we live in today. I am also interested in a rack that I can put my colt AR in got lots of coyotes at the ranch and they need to be thinned out calving season is almost here. I live in CO so you are allowed to carry one in the chamber as long as it is a handgun, you can't with a long gun because of Division of wildlife say's you can't something about poaching or something. Anyways if somebody has a link to a lockable gun rack that will fit out truck lets see it. Thank you. SEMPER FIDELIS