Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Anyone in So Cal been out here?

Old 09-11-2007, 04:26 AM   #21
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Im not a big handgun fan, but if i were to get a new one, it would be a P229R in .357 SIG. Now thats a burner of a round. I reload of course.

Ted.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:25 AM   #22
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Malfunktino: i dont know if they had the full moon clips back in the day or not. As far as i know they only work with ACP rounds but maybe they had a something similar to a full moon they used back then, i dunno. I believe the Glock 22 is the full size police issue .40 right? i have shot my buddies and i like it but its too big to conceal. I have the model 23 which is the perfect size. and hollow points are the only way to go for self defense.

Jhodge: i have absolutely no doubt that the blackhawk is a blast to shoot.... how many times have you broken your wrist just pulling the trigger? Seriously though, my dad sent me a video of a guy shooting a .50 cal revolver for the first time. When he pulled the trigger i guess he wasn't prepared for the recoil and it shot backwards out of his hand and out of the screen... now thats what you need to get

Zonks: even with self loaded rounds the .357 is a dangerous gun. the round is so small and it has such a high velocity, even with hollow points the chance of collateral damage is way to high to make me comfortable. I dont want to worry about where that bullet goes after it hits someone, i want it to stop somewhere inside them.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:47 PM   #23
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
Jhodge: i have absolutely no doubt that the blackhawk is a blast to shoot.... how many times have you broken your wrist just pulling the trigger? Seriously though, my dad sent me a video of a guy shooting a .50 cal revolver for the first time. When he pulled the trigger i guess he wasn't prepared for the recoil and it shot backwards out of his hand and out of the screen... now thats what you need to get
nah...it wasnt that bad...it did throw my hands up pretty good though
Old 09-11-2007, 02:55 PM   #24
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
Zonks: even with self loaded rounds the .357 is a dangerous gun. the round is so small and it has such a high velocity, even with hollow points the chance of collateral damage is way to high to make me comfortable. I dont want to worry about where that bullet goes after it hits someone, i want it to stop somewhere inside them.
True. Its a hot round at 1300+ fps. And its known for its ability to penetrate. I only mentioned reloading cause if i diddnt .357 SIG would send me to the poor house. Only prob is the bottleneck case, which means less reloads per.

Of course, you dont actually have to point your weapon at someone, you could just shoot it at the floor and the fireball alone from a .357 SIG would scare anybody off.

Ted
Old 01-19-2008, 01:32 AM   #26
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
I'm up to going whenever you do. Just call me at 562-760-1075. I don't have 4X, so need to go when it's dry.

Got the .308's, 9mm, and 12 g. Want to do some reloading drills and practice for 3 gun and IPSC competition.

OR

PM me.

Good to know there are like minded people here. Gun owners are some of the most genuine and righteous people I know.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:36 PM   #27
revn247 is on a distinguished road
revn247's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to revn247
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxMalfunktionxX View Post
I-15 off Hodge Road ?? I recently moved back down here from the Central Valley and I didnt have a 4x4 truck until I bought my new Taco just recently..I was out here Saturday morning..there are some real cool trails from what I saw..and also its a cool place to do some target shooting..If anyone is interested in going or has gone before ...let me know..I'd like to find some other people in the So Cal area that go out there..maybe take a day and just hit some trails..I also hear that when it rains its a great mud pit to run in..

Anyhow..just an idea..if anyone from So Cal area is reading this and wants to head out sometime..let me know..also if u know of any other spots that are good..pass down some info..

I thought Hodge was closed? I heard they built a cell tower and closed the place down? Can someone confirm?
I've got a Ruger Super Black Hawk and a Ruger Mini 14 (Ranch) I wanna take out.