Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Anyone in So Cal been out here?

Old 09-02-2007, 01:20 PM   #1
XxMalfunktionxX is on a distinguished road

XxMalfunktionxX's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone in So Cal been out here?

I-15 off Hodge Road ?? I recently moved back down here from the Central Valley and I didnt have a 4x4 truck until I bought my new Taco just recently..I was out here Saturday morning..there are some real cool trails from what I saw..and also its a cool place to do some target shooting..If anyone is interested in going or has gone before ...let me know..I'd like to find some other people in the So Cal area that go out there..maybe take a day and just hit some trails..I also hear that when it rains its a great mud pit to run in..

Anyhow..just an idea..if anyone from So Cal area is reading this and wants to head out sometime..let me know..also if u know of any other spots that are good..pass down some info..
Old 09-02-2007, 02:49 PM   #2
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Heh. If i had a 4x4 id be there. Especially for the target shooting.

Ted
Old 09-02-2007, 04:49 PM   #3

Let me know anytime you wanna go out..I got room..me and a buddy usually go for the day. There seem to be a lot of wide open room for trailblazing as well..it would be nice to get a good group of people out there..im sure we can all have a blast out there and get a chance to check out other peoples Tacomas and all that good stuff..
Old 09-05-2007, 08:41 AM   #4
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not use to hearing people from Cali talk about shooting. From what i hear its almost impossible to legally own a gun out there. Lots of restrictions and licsenses and other BS you have to put up with.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:23 PM   #5

Well some of us still find out ways to have fun out in the boonies..its the state laws that are totally insane..it sucks for people like myself and a few buddies that enjoy owning firearms and going out and target shooting..plus..in my opinion..there's no better home protection than a gun with hot rounds in it..especially someone who knows how to use that gun..

Dont get me started on this states gun laws..

As for hittin' hodge road sometime..im always down to go!!! drop me a line anytime..
Old 09-05-2007, 06:25 PM   #6
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Guns don't kill people - stupidity kills people.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:33 AM   #7
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
I'm not use to hearing people from Cali talk about shooting. From what i hear its almost impossible to legally own a gun out there. Lots of restrictions and licsenses and other BS you have to put up with.
These are some of mine and they're all legal. We can own every gun you can (barring Class III) just no mags over 10 rounds (unless you owned them before 2001) and no Flash hiders on "assault weapons". There are lots of shooters out here. We are not all Hollyweird and San FranFreakshow weirdos.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:14 AM   #8
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
No mags over 10 rounds? thats BS!!! the last gun i got was a Glock model 23. For anyone not familiar thats the midsize 40 cal. It came with tritium (sp) night sights and 3 high cap mags. What if 11 terrorists break into your house? then your just screwed. Although i'm glad to hear not all you Cali boys are tree hugging hippies

BTW, Zonks, looks like you're a lefty.... and i love you're tactical shotgun, makes me all jittery inside
Old 09-06-2007, 09:20 AM   #9
Banned
ghostsix is an unknown quantity at this point
Location: A WI farm, Sonora, Sedona, Lake Havesue and Canyon Lake.
ghostsix's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonKs View Post
These are some of mine and they're all legal. We can own every gun you can (barring Class III) just no mags over 10 rounds (unless you owned them before 2001) and no Flash hiders on "assault weapons". There are lots of shooters out here. We are not all Hollywierd and San FranFreakshow wierdos.
Well you should have no trouble in the next riot. The cops will be asking you for covering fire.
As I recall from my 5 yrs. of U C and the Orange Co. S.O. there is a statute that makes it a crime to fail to come to the aid of a Peace Officer.
A defense would be that you did not have the means.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:52 PM   #10

I recently found out that my BFSC Cert. is no longer valid and recognized by the Dept of Justice for purchasing a handgun..I gotta take a Hunter Safety Course..haha..good thing I got my Glock 19C from a friend..and two 15 Round Magazines with it..I dont usually carry those around with me..its kinda cool though..it has the stamp on the magazine that says "Restricted-LE/Govt. Use Only" ...

If anyone wants to go shooting..drop me a line..I'm always looking to go and blow some rounds off..Nice pics of those weapons by the way Zonks..I like the sniper rifle..7mm Mag?
Old 09-07-2007, 06:06 PM   #11
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
all i can say is that anything that has "Hodge" in the name HAS to be awesome...lol
Old 09-07-2007, 06:30 PM   #13
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanks man...u gotta post some of urs as well...and pass around that charger after u get it...lol
Old 09-08-2007, 04:14 AM   #14

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxMalfunktionxX View Post
7mm Mag?
Naw. I stay away from the magnum rifle rounds. They are fun to shoot once in a blue moon, but anymore than that...ouch. Its .308/7.62x51mm.

Ted

PS. all you need to do is go to a local Turners, etc. and retake your handgun safety test for the HSC.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:46 AM   #15

Ya..im gonna do it maybe today after I hit the indoor shooting range out here for an hour or so..I have been keeping an eye on this H&K USP .45 that I wanna get..
Old 09-08-2007, 02:44 PM   #16

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
I had an HK USPF .45 for a few months. I diddnt like it too much and I sold it.

Ted

Old 09-09-2007, 09:38 AM   #17

Talking

Theyre good weapons..it just matters if it feels right to you when you fire it..if it doesnt..then you shouldnt keep it..thats what my granddaddy always told me..if it dont feel right..dont fire it again..im such a big fan of renting guns at the range...it allows you to find which firearm you like..I had the Glock 19 given to me by a friend..i wouldnt of gotten a 9mm..i would op for either a .40 S&W or .45 ACP..but..hey..a free Glock with two hi cap mags..i wont turn it down..and its got Trintium Nite Sites too boot as well..
Old 09-10-2007, 01:13 PM   #18

nd's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with zonks about the HK. My buddy had one and i hated it. I know they are good weapons but i just didnt like the feel of it, or the action.

Malfunktion: i'm like you, my favorite handgun rounds are .40 and .45. I owned a 9mm berreta and i will never again make that mistake. the only good think about 9mm is the ammo is cheap as hell. I currently own 2 .40's. My Glock also has the Trintium night sights ands i love them. I doubt i'll ever need them but they are great. I would like to get a .45 next. My uncle has a .S&W revolver that uses .45 ACP rounds. its a really cool gun. it uses "full moon clips" they are a thin metal ring and you can load the ACP rounds into it and drop the whole clip in the cylinder. Alot of competition shooters use it since its really fast to re-load. It's cool but its expensive for a revolver. I'm also a big fan of the .44 special. The magnum is too much gun for self defense but the .44 special is a perfect round. I dont like the magnum for the same reason i dont like the .357 magnum. too much power, i dont want to have to worry about where the bullet goes after it goes through someone.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:59 PM   #19

That revolver sounds like a blast to shoot..I think those full moon clips were around in the old west if im right..those are pretty cool..I have shot a Glock 22 (.40 S&W) and I have to be quite honest..that gun kicks major ass..I have considered buying that over the HK..

I know your not a fan of a .357 Mag's and such..but you gotta admit..if your a Glock fan..you gotta like their version .357 in semi auto..

but ya...a .40 or .45 are plenty good stopping power ..even better if theyre hollowed..that way it wont be traveling far once it shreds everything on the inside..well..thats the plan anyways..
Old 09-10-2007, 06:09 PM   #20
Sooooooper Moderator

i've got a .44 ruger super blackhawk w/ a 10 1/2" barrel...now that is a blast to shoot...lol