LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

need some help on rifle/ shotgun choice.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:55 AM   #21
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
Allright, thats good news. i plan on doing more than just deer hunting with the 500. so versatility is a plus.
yep....they are very versatile...........different chokes for the field barrel......and the slug barrel is great too! you'll enjoy it man. make sure you clean the barrel and oil it before you shoot it first tho....................get any factory junk outta there. try dicks sporting goods man.....................great price on the field/deer setup like i got.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:14 AM   #22
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
dicks sporting goods. i'll be sure to do that. thanks will.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:19 AM   #23
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
My ailing father-in-law would know; he's a gun encyclopedia. They're the same.

From the sound of it, he reminds me of the old guy from "Shooter" with marky mark
Old 02-22-2009, 11:24 AM   #25
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
i would not recomend savage at all. from my experience they are cheaply made.
Ive always used remington model 700's in .243 7mm .08, and .270 and they are very acurate and very reliable.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:32 AM   #27
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
i love my rem 870 express magnum..Shoots nice and can be changed over to a rifled barrel so you can shoot slugs..Its on the cheaper side also.

I plan on putting a scope on it as soon as i can gather up some cash
Old 02-22-2009, 05:37 PM   #28
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Weatherby Vanguard 30.06

very nice rifle. about how much did that cost ya?
Old 02-22-2009, 06:04 PM   #30

where on earth did you buy it from?? all the places i looked for wanted like 550$ or more.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:19 PM   #31
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
where on earth did you buy it from?? all the places i looked for wanted like 550$ or more.
I think I bought it at Sportsmans Warehouse like a year ago or so. The bolt on this thing is butta.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:39 PM   #32
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 870 Remington 20gauge I use for home defense and waterfowl. Can't hurt it.

My two favs
Remington 798 .270 Win
Beretta Urika 2 12ga

Old 02-22-2009, 08:47 PM   #33
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
X3 on the remington 870!

I love my 870 express, it is one of the only things I own that I know will outlast my truck. Shit the thing will outlast me.

as with any shotgun it's easy to change the barrel if you want to shoot sabot slugs or you can just use one field barrel and use the Henry (i think thats what they're called) slugs.

Paid $280 for mine I think
Old 02-23-2009, 07:43 AM   #34

which is better in your opinion. remington 870 or mossberg 500
Old 02-23-2009, 08:41 AM   #35
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've shot both and I like the 870 better imo... You don't hear of as many 500's lasting as long... Go fire both and see what you like
Old 02-23-2009, 10:16 AM   #36
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Both are great. The Mossberg has a better safety position though.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:20 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
I've shot both and I like the 870 better imo... You don't hear of as many 500's lasting as long... Go fire both and see what you like
how about pricing for the 870 though. is it as affordable and reasonably priced as the 500?
Old 02-23-2009, 12:23 PM   #38
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Quote:
how about pricing for the 870 though. is it as affordable and reasonably priced as the 500?
Nope, it's anywhere from $50-$75 more.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:26 PM   #39

yeah see thats my problem. i need something i can use for home defense, dove hunting, deer hunting and rabbit. all these needs in a gun that wont break my wallet. but guys ya'll have been really helpful to me. thanks
Old 02-23-2009, 01:04 PM   #40
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
OP-- you have a Cabela's nearby??
This weeks flyer has Rem 870 tactical for $399 12ga with top rail.
Also regular 870 Rem $279 or step up to a Magnum class for $339

Linky to flyer: http://cabelasflyers.dirxion.com/1se...kCode=1se09flx#