1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AR-15 BS Thread

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by BulletToothTony, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Jul 30, 2012 at 11:33 AM
    ToyotaKTMracing

ToyotaKTMracing The Blue Warrior

Member:
    First Name:
    Shay
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2008 DCSB Ink 4WD Auto
    285 BFG ATs, Custom dual exhaust system, 4" total lift (adjustable billies with 885 coils in front and AALs with 1" block in rear), interior LED lighting, LED reverse lights, LED license plate lights, fog light anytime mod, JVC KW-R500 stereo, 20" okledlightbars.com LED light bar, coverking seat covers
    That's thinkable. Now just to figure out a brand to get.

2. Jul 30, 2012 at 11:44 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    thanks bud.. im curious to know how hard is it to find 6.8 SPC ammo??? or do you reload???

3. Jul 30, 2012 at 11:51 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    those are all the Under water basket weaving majors at my school... lol... I find it funny how they have time to Rant and skip class to protest about things like this but i forgot they are to busy cutting paper for kids at the College level :eek::eek:

4. Jul 30, 2012 at 12:08 PM
    outlaw7

outlaw7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    PacNorWest
    Vehicle:
    2010 trd sport
    Code:

Its not that hard, just a little spendy. Im hoping to get into reliadibg the 6.8 and 308

5. Jul 30, 2012 at 2:22 PM
    DigB

DigB Go Jets GO!!!!!!

Member:
    Winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    DCLB TRD Sport
    Air Freshener mod

Its just food for thought....what did that joker guy use in Colorado? Sure, carry a gun for all I care, I agree with personal protection but your more likely to shoot yourself in the leg or shoot someone you care about than take on a Zombie Apocalypse/Taliban. What is an AR-15 used for anyway? I like the comment about using it for hunting purposes.....The deer don't shoot back!

6. Jul 30, 2012 at 2:51 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    And I agree with ya 100% my issue is what people "think" I should do.... The zombie thing is funny to me and I role with it more as a "joke" and nothing else... My issue is also the people who judge because of a certain rifle you own... A gun is a GUN whether its a rifle or a handgun just cuz you think it looks scary DOENST mean its evil.. On their point about Semi auto rifles should only be used in military or law enforcement then why not ban handguns as well.. I mean military and law enforcement use them to right... Also have they ever heard of 3gun competition??? I'm not here to start anything but I don't agree with the video cuz some local boys at a coffee shop decided to make one... And if those guys want to make legitimate arguments it's probably not a good idea to reference video games I frankly will not take you seriously just like the zombie thing... And going on the tragedy that happened in Colorado... A insane man will find a way to kill someone whether its with a gun or not... His intentions are clear death and nothing else...

7. Jul 30, 2012 at 6:24 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    the AR-15 is a 50-yr old design, originally designed as "a hunting" weapon, prior to adoption by the U.S. military under the M-16 designation... it is also widely used today for hunting, especially for varmint control (prarie dogs, coyotes, even wild hogs, etc...)... i'm also confident most gunowners behave more responsibly than ignoramouses who incessantly bloviate about subjects they seemingly know nothing about....

8. Jul 30, 2012 at 6:27 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    there are a lot of good ones these days due to the popularity of the platform... personally, i like CMMG's products, and i believe they have moderately priced complete rifles... they also make a highly-rated .22 converstion kit (that should work in any standard AR-15)...

9. Jul 30, 2012 at 6:31 PM
    Polymerhead

Polymerhead Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    '18 TRD Limited Inferno...Tundra!
    Do you have any links or info on the design of the AR-15 as a hunting weapon? I didn't know that. All I've read has said that he started with the AR-10 as a select-fire 308 as part of the infantry rifle selection that eventually selected the M14, and then the design was later downscaled to the AR15/M16.

10. Jul 30, 2012 at 6:33 PM
    MontanaTaco

MontanaTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colter
    Relocated to Albany, NY
    Vehicle:
    14 DCLB Sport
    OME lift
    I would like to know the percentage of gun owners than have a ar-15 in there safe. I think you would be suprised at how many there are out there. If the government tried to outlaw the ar-15 platform you would have a civil war on your hands.

11. Jul 30, 2012 at 6:37 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    ...on any given weekend at my local public range here, i'd say about 40-50% off the rifle shooters on the 50 and 100yd ranges are shooting AR and AK style rifles...

12. Jul 30, 2012 at 6:45 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    there was a documentary on history channel that went through the evolution of the AR-15 (very interesting show), ...mentioned stoner was going for a lightweight hunting rifle chambered in .223, ..an air force general caught wind of hte space-age design, setting the gears in motion for development of the M-16, chambered in 5.56NATO... i believe the AR-10 may have been the originating design, but was chambered in the larger 7.62x51mm cartridge... the M14 was a derivative of the M1 garand, rechambered for 7.62x51mm w/ full auto capability...

13. Jul 30, 2012 at 6:51 PM
    MontanaTaco

MontanaTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colter
    Relocated to Albany, NY
    Vehicle:
    14 DCLB Sport
    OME lift
    Anyone heard anything on stoner barrels? I've heard mixed reviews and am in need of a 20 inch barrel and stoner is the only one in stock it seems like.

14. Jul 30, 2012 at 6:53 PM
    ToyotaKTMracing

Member:
    First Name:
    Shay
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2008 DCSB Ink 4WD Auto
    285 BFG ATs, Custom dual exhaust system, 4" total lift (adjustable billies with 885 coils in front and AALs with 1" block in rear), interior LED lighting, LED reverse lights, LED license plate lights, fog light anytime mod, JVC KW-R500 stereo, 20" okledlightbars.com LED light bar, coverking seat covers
    I'm looking at the Stag Arms Model 1. Any thoughts about it?

15. Jul 30, 2012 at 6:57 PM
    RevAdam

RevAdam Impressive Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Upstate SC
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD OR 4x4
    Icom 5100 radio, Baja Rack, Kenwood 6980, ARB Bull Bar, Lightforce HID lights, Warn winch, LED lights, 5100s, Switchbacks, Redarc TowPro
    Stag is ok.

16. Jul 30, 2012 at 7:02 PM
    ToyotaKTMracing

Member:
    First Name:
    Shay
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2008 DCSB Ink 4WD Auto
    Alright. Well I really don't know what brand would be good for me. It would be my first AR and I don't wanna spend a ton at first. Bushmaster? Stag? Armalite? I have no idea

17. Jul 30, 2012 at 7:05 PM
    RevAdam

RevAdam Impressive Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Upstate SC
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD OR 4x4
    Icom 5100 radio, Baja Rack, Kenwood 6980, ARB Bull Bar, Lightforce HID lights, Warn winch, LED lights, 5100s, Switchbacks, Redarc TowPro
    What's your budget/intended use?

18. Jul 30, 2012 at 7:11 PM
    cabarbhab

cabarbhab Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Mary Esther, FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD OR 4x4
    I just picked up a smith and wesson m and p 15 sport not too long ago. i have only gone out and shot it once, but it seems to do the job. It is a basic model(to save money it doesn't have a dust cover over the action and it lacks a forward assist button), and i picked it up for about $650. If you are just getting it to go plinking every once in a while, it is probably the AR to go for.

19. Jul 30, 2012 at 7:15 PM
    Sleeper362

Sleeper362 One Convenient Locations ......In Africa

Member:
    First Name:
    Corporal
    K-Vegas NC
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4X4 DC Shortbed
    Here we go with the fucking Canadians telling us what we need and don't need. Dude stick to Canada and we will stick to America. Why do we need AR-15s? To protect us from people who think like you but have more power within our government.

To put it bluntly, the Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights is what protects our first amendment rights from being encroached on. The right to be able to defend yourself from ANY threat is right given by God, Buddha, Allah, Yahweh, or whatever deity you worship, to you me and everyone around us. The Second Amendment just acknowledges that right as given by God.

When your government decides to hate whatever ethnic group, social group, culture, profession, you closest resemble, you guys in Canada won't be able to do shit about shit, and you would probably end up in America. You can say no they won't ever do that but you have no guarantee that they won't, at least with our 2A we could put up somewhat of a fight.

20. Jul 30, 2012 at 7:15 PM
    ToyotaKTMracing

Member:
    First Name:
    Shay
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2008 DCSB Ink 4WD Auto
    I would like to keep it under $900. $1000 is okay if the gun is worth the extra money. Well I'm wanting to get it and a .22lr conversion kit. I would use the .22 for target practice and just to shoot around. I would use the .223 for hunting and maybe some long distance shooting. I like the stag model 1 and haven't really heard anything bad about it and I could get it for under $700.

Products Discussed in

To Top