LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

AR-15 BS Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #7281
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
very cool pic goose, thanks for the link shaggs, very good price.
if i run the gopro on my quad rail, should i run it on the side or bottom? i'm not sure if i can invert the video to make it right side up as i don't have a gopro yet.
Microsoft video editor. I run mine upside down in the truck windshield and it inverts just fine.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #7282
except for God, I answer to no one
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Brandon, gun looks nice, may I ask why the sight is so far forward? I assume its personal preference, but would like to learn something if its not.

Thanks Chris, It sounds like I'll be ordering the mount and the gopro when I get home, just in time to test on my AR since I got the BCG.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #7283
outlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FO on the OP
Name: Brandon
outlaw7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Brandon, gun looks nice, may I ask why the sight is so far forward? I assume its personal preference, but would like to learn something if its not.

Thanks Chris, It sounds like I'll be ordering the mount and the gopro when I get home, just in time to test on my AR since I got the BCG.
its just a bad habit left over from my days working for uncle sam. i prefur to run them a little farther forward than most because for me it helps the optic not take up so much room in my field of view. Again its just a personal thing, you have to find what works best for you.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #7284
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw7 View Post
its just a bad habit left over from my days working for uncle sam. i prefur to run them a little farther forward than most because for me it helps the optic not take up so much room in my field of view. Again its just a personal thing, you have to find what works best for you.
Ok, I tried mine up farther on the rail, but mine is a scope style red dot and not the reflex style, it makes tons if sense to run it up if you need the FOV.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #7285
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
very cool pic goose, thanks for the link shaggs, very good price.
if i run the gopro on my quad rail, should i run it on the side or bottom? i'm not sure if i can invert the video to make it right side up as i don't have a gopro yet.
Thanks.

Mine has the option to invert the shot. Idk if it's just newer cameras but it helps when you have not option to mount right side up.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #7286
TheGreatPear is on a distinguished road

Air Force: WFSM, 27th SOCES, 27th SOW
Name: Alex
TheGreatPear's Tacoma Gallery
Not a very current picture but...

Doublestar AR-15
Troy Industries MRF-RX rail
Magpul shit
Troy Industries forgrip
EOTech 512

Ive since added:
Troy Industries backup irons
Troy Industries Claymore muzzle break
Magpul MS3 sling attached to Troy Industries QD mount
Old 06-20-2013, 05:17 AM   #7287
One Convenient Locations ......In Africa
Sleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: HMM-263 MALS-29
Name: Corporal
Sleeper362's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

You should always run your RDS and your Reflex sights as far forward as possible. It makes using the BAC much faster/easier and like he said, keeps the scope from eating up your FOV.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #7288
SFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud of

Name: Brett C
SFSMedic's Tacoma Gallery
The concern with mounting anything on the rail versus the receiver is the rail does move ever so slightly. With a reflex sight that is intended for up close and personal that just doesn't matter. It's for quick rounds on target not precision shots. Completely different story when your running a forward scope ring on the hand guard. You'll never hold a good zero. But again completely different reasoning behind it.

Btw with that said, I had an enjoyable morning checking 200 yard zero for this weekend.

And yes I stole my kids bean bags for an impromptu rear squeeze bag lol. Worked great but guarantee they won't hold up under hard use.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #7289
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
^ looks like a blast!

in in the seattle area all of our outdoor public shooting areas have been shut down.. very sad. when I called the ranger station I was told they were closed because they had become high use recreation areas.. yea, no shit, lots of people like to go shooting.. ugh..
Old 06-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #7290
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
^ looks like a blast!

in in the seattle area all of our outdoor public shooting areas have been shut down.. very sad. when I called the ranger station I was told they were closed because they had become high use recreation areas.. yea, no shit, lots of people like to go shooting.. ugh..
It's because all the idiots who used to go out to them abused the areas, left tons of trash, casings, and debris EVERYWHERE and made them unsafe environments.

Even out at Greenwater -- which is about the only outdoor area left -- it is a losing battle. People in the lower pit are constantly buzzed by ricochets from the upper pit, people firing without awareness of their background, etc. Cleanup crews are organized a couple times a year, and they hardly put a dent in all the trash. I stopped going a few years back because I saw people doing some of the most unsafe practices ever, like being damn near blackout drunk.

Tinkham used to be good too, but now it's closed for the same reasons/private influence.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #7291

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
Thanks.

Mine has the option to invert the shot. Idk if it's just newer cameras but it helps when you have not option to mount right side up.
I'll have to remember that, thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper362 View Post
You should always run your RDS and your Reflex sights as far forward as possible. It makes using the BAC much faster/easier and like he said, keeps the scope from eating up your FOV.
I got RDS, but you lost me at BAC.
I'll keep that in mind, I'll be shooting my ar for the first time in the next 2-3 weeks so I'll try out some different positions.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #7292
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Humanity View Post
It's because all the idiots who used to go out to them abused the areas, left tons of trash, casings, and debris EVERYWHERE and made them unsafe environments.

Even out at Greenwater -- which is about the only outdoor area left -- it is a losing battle. People in the lower pit are constantly buzzed by ricochets from the upper pit, people firing without awareness of their background, etc. Cleanup crews are organized a couple times a year, and they hardly put a dent in all the trash. I stopped going a few years back because I saw people doing some of the most unsafe practices ever, like being damn near blackout drunk.

Tinkham used to be good too, but now it's closed for the same reasons/private influence.
yup, totally aware.. tinkham was one of my haunts.. while driving to the spot, several times we had bullets wiz over the truck.. it was a dump in the end.. cars, fridges.. aweful.. its sad. I joined west coast armory just to be able to shoot.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #7293
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
yup, totally aware.. tinkham was one of my haunts.. while driving to the spot, several times we had bullets wiz over the truck.. it was a dump in the end.. cars, fridges.. aweful.. its sad. I joined west coast armory just to be able to shoot.
Good spot. I'm a member. I like Issaquah Sportsman's club, too. Go there every now and again.

Outdoor range, easygoing folks, open to the public, and none of the crap "1 round in the mag at a time" regs you get at other ranges.

It just sucks that all you can really do is bench shooting.

Anyhoo, I'm getting off-topic.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #7294
45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45longcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Humanity View Post
Good spot. I'm a member. I like Issaquah Sportsman's club, too. Go there every now and again.

Outdoor range, easygoing folks, open to the public, and none of the crap "1 round in the mag at a time" regs you get at other ranges.

It just sucks that all you can really do is bench shooting.

Anyhoo, I'm getting off-topic.
I hear y'all. I was doing the outdoor range bit until I was invited to a FAL shoot at a shooting lease 40 miles from me. The lease is in the levee of Trinity River 20 miles South of downtown Dallas. Fields for a mile in any direction plus you got to get over that 20 foot levee as well to have a ricochet that leaves the area. It is a private lease so only a certain number of folks are on it. Behind locked gate, gravel roads, picnic table, Bar-b-que pits, swing set for the kids, pecans come October, hunt if you want to, camp if you ask, ride ATV's, ride dirt bikes, shoot rifle grenades (practice, inert), Tannerite OK, FA if ya got it, etc. Dawn to dusk 7 days a week. What's not to like about it. You are on your own but as adults we practice very safe shooting making sure there is no one in the background or even close to it. Nobody wants an accident to happen there. It's worth the 40 minute trip there and I have been on that lease for a good 8 years or so now. $275 per year.....
Old 06-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #7295
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45longcolt View Post
I hear y'all. I was doing the outdoor range bit until I was invited to a FAL shoot at a shooting lease 40 miles from me. The lease is in the levee of Trinity River 20 miles South of downtown Dallas. Fields for a mile in any direction plus you got to get over that 20 foot levee as well to have a ricochet that leaves the area. It is a private lease so only a certain number of folks are on it. Behind locked gate, gravel roads, picnic table, Bar-b-que pits, swing set for the kids, pecans come October, hunt if you want to, camp if you ask, ride ATV's, ride dirt bikes, shoot rifle grenades (practice, inert), Tannerite OK, FA if ya got it, etc. Dawn to dusk 7 days a week. What's not to like about it. You are on your own but as adults we practice very safe shooting making sure there is no one in the background or even close to it. Nobody wants an accident to happen there. It's worth the 40 minute trip there and I have been on that lease for a good 8 years or so now. $275 per year.....
We don't exactly have that kind of available land up here. At least on this side of the mountains. Anything bigger than 1/5 acre has a 2500 sq ft house on it.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #7297
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45longcolt View Post
Old 06-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #7298
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Lotta dry lake beds and valleys out here that are BLM controlled and you can shoot for miles for an entire weekend without seeing another soul:

Old 06-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #7299
45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45longcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
Lotta dry lake beds and valleys out here that are BLM controlled and you can shoot for miles for an entire weekend without seeing another soul:

Aah, a PSL! Nice rifles indeed. I had purchased one when they were hot a few years back, largest POS I ever owned. It was screw rivet built and the folks who put it together did not even drill the holes in the receiver deep enough for the screws to even touch the metal. Then the bolt would lock back on ya when you shot it, had to hit it with the palm of your hand to get it to feed and close. Calipers showed me the bolt was wider than the rails so that is why it bound up. Dremel tool carefully with valve grinding compound for the last little piece and then the bolt was slick as butter in that receiver. I sent it off to an AK gunsmith to have the barrel cut down to 20" instead of 23-24" and had the muzzle brake welded back on. And had him replace those stupid screw rivets with the proper rivets. Now I had a rifle I could hold the pistol grip by my side and the barrel did not touch the ground. I smoothed up the action so well it did not even dent brass cases, they came out totally nick/dent free. The BDC scope works well, I have nailed car sized objects at 1200 yards with it. I wasn't testing for accuracy, just wanted to see if the BDC would work at that distance and it did. I could gong welding tanks at the lease set at 400 yards away no problem. I had a total of $860 in mine with 5 mags and a pouch, after it was all said and done, sold it on Gunbroker a year and a half ago for $960. I put $100 with that $960 and got myself a Rock River 458 Socom. I kept that PSL for 8 years and shot it about (1500) times so I got my use from it and figured I would get a little more interesting rifle to play with.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #7300
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Bcg in stock

http://www.phase5tactical.com/produc...carrier-group-

Products Discussed in this Thread