Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

AR-15 BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2014, 10:10 AM   #9341
fjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
fjfar80's Tacoma Gallery
Sleeper -

Can you provide details / sources concerning your information on the Navy "operator" incident involving SCARs catastrophically failing and killing two Navy SEALs (I am assuming your use of the term "operator" implied team guys). I just talked to a friend of mine in the teams (ST5) and he said they were using SCARs as of today. I also just called a friend over at FNH and he said he hadn't heard anything of the sort?

I figured this would also make news if the US Navy banned the use of SCARs - surely FNH would have something on their website.

Did this just happen - today? Let us know.

Also, I think many consider the SCAR to be an advanced piston driven iteration of the Eugene Stoner rifle...thus, I think this is a fitting location.

- Mark
Old 05-05-2014, 11:38 AM   #9342
One Convenient Locations ......In Africa
Sleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: HMM-263 MALS-29
Name: Corporal
Sleeper362's Tacoma Gallery
No this was a couple months ago. I actually read the order halting use of them. I believe it was on lightfighter. I will try to find it for you. A Google search turned up nothing. I remember having the same "ain't no way that is true" until I actually read the order.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:39 AM   #9343
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFSMedic View Post
Incorrect. You can own them you just can't sell them buy them import them or rebuild them. So if you already has it you're fine. Using them legally is a whole new ball of wax in ca.

Perhaps, neither one of us is producing a relevant source.

Boils down to: they're illegal, but you're grandfathered in.
If you are grandfathered in, you can't actually use them. lol
Old 05-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #9344
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Incorrect. You can own them you just can't sell them buy them import them or rebuild them. So if you already has it you're fine. Using them legally is a whole new ball of wax in ca.
basically you can own them as paperweights, but you better not load the up with ammo? Or can you load them up with 10 rounds, but not 11 or more?
Old 05-05-2014, 11:53 AM   #9345
fjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
fjfar80's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper362 View Post
No this was a couple months ago. I actually read the order halting use of them. I believe it was on lightfighter. I will try to find it for you. A Google search turned up nothing. I remember having the same "ain't no way that is true" until I actually read the order.
You'll have to send me the link to that one - maybe just an internet rumor.

I just did a quick search on the Lightfighter forums and the only threads pulled regarding two dead SEALs - were threads concerning the two guys working for Trident Group that died on the Maersk Alabama.

Internet rumors these days - complete with fake documents - they're out there.

- Mark
Old 05-05-2014, 01:48 PM   #9346
SFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud of

Name: Brett C
SFSMedic's Tacoma Gallery
AR-15 BS Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Perhaps, neither one of us is producing a relevant source.

Boils down to: they're illegal, but you're grandfathered in.
If you are grandfathered in, you can't actually use them. lol

If you OWN a large capacity magazine legally you can use them in featureless rifles. In CA that's true for ALL high cap magazines. If you legally own high cap pistol mags you can use them legally in your handgun. The only problem with ar15 mags is they are expressly listed to make a featured rifle (see the Calguns flow chart) with a bullet button into an illegal assault weapon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
basically you can own them as paperweights, but you better not load the up with ammo? Or can you load them up with 10 rounds, but not 11 or more?

See above.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:18 PM   #9347
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
If you OWN a large capacity magazine legally you can use them in featureless rifles. In CA that's true for ALL high cap magazines. If you legally own high cap pistol mags you can use them legally in your handgun. The only problem with ar15 mags is they are expressly listed to make a featured rifle (see the Calguns flow chart) with a bullet button into an illegal assault weapon.

See above.
So technically ONE can put a kydex featureless grip on ONE's Polish AK and use a 30 round steel mag that ONE legally owns? Can one load more than 10 rounds in that 30 round mag?
Old 05-05-2014, 02:43 PM   #9348
SFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud of

Name: Brett C
SFSMedic's Tacoma Gallery
AR-15 BS Thread

If your rifle meets the standards of featureless than yes. It gets more technical with rifles because of the assault weapon clause. But for easy and simple explanation take a pistol. If you already own your high cap mags you can use them to their full potential. It is not illegal to own and use. It's illegal to buy sell import high cap magazines. And now rebuild.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:01 PM   #9349
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

nice. time to take off the flash hider, VFG, and Pistol Grip from my AK lol
Old 05-05-2014, 03:24 PM   #9350
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
I've always thought the magazine has to be a preban era mag. Pre 2000?
Old 05-05-2014, 04:38 PM   #9351
Banned
quantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shed
quantum's Tacoma Gallery
California: Turning good intentioned, law-abiding gun owners into criminals since 1989.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:29 PM   #9352
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gun life is amazingly easier in Nevada. lol
Old 05-05-2014, 05:32 PM   #9353
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Even easier-er in Arizona, lol
Old 05-05-2014, 05:33 PM   #9354
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiend13 View Post
Even easier-er in Arizona, lol
I'm going to Havasu for the first time, in June.

They acknowledge NV cfp's, awesome.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:02 PM   #9355
45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45longcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
In Texas too!

Old 05-05-2014, 08:55 PM   #9356
05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Devin
05tundra13's Tacoma Gallery
what scope should I throw on my del-ton? Im trying to use a 4-39x possibly. which brands would you guys recommend. also my budget is around $350.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:00 PM   #9357
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

1/3 of an ACOG
Old 05-05-2014, 09:42 PM   #9358
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05tundra13 View Post
what scope should I throw on my del-ton? Im trying to use a 4-39x possibly. which brands would you guys recommend. also my budget is around $350.
...just got an email from midway usa on a hotbuy on Nikon riflescopes...

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?promot...1-_-Main_Image
Old 05-05-2014, 10:40 PM   #9359
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05tundra13 View Post
I loved my Leupold Mark AR 1.5-4x when I had it before I went to an acog. I would highly recommend it. I still have mine and am building another AR to put it on (yes, having an extra cope is a valid excuse to get a new gun)
Old 05-05-2014, 11:05 PM   #9360
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
I loved my Leupold Mark AR 1.5-4x when I had it before I went to an acog. I would highly recommend it. I still have mine and am building another AR to put it on (yes, having an extra cope is a valid excuse to get a new gun)
I built an AR-15 because I had left over extra parts from a previous build hahaha

Products Discussed in this Thread