Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

AR-15 BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2014, 03:00 PM   #9341
Mob dirt parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: RM/ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiend13 View Post
Going to pick one on Friday probably. I hope they have another local's only sale like that again! lol
They had built lowers for $110 that day too.

Good luck!
Old 05-08-2014, 05:36 PM   #9342
DougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Doug
DougDeBonet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
This dude has a cool story about his poly lower: http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/ar-15...-lower-ar.html

Interesting.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:21 PM   #9343
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Picked up a New Frontier Armory AR poly lower today. I know how some feel about poly lowers, but it has a lifetime warranty! Picking up a BCG in the next couple of weeks and then my build will be complete.

Old 05-09-2014, 12:29 PM   #9344
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
I've been thinking about getting an AR this year, been doing a bit of research. This is pretty much what I was thinking. Minus the optic, that would take some time. But I was thinking a BCM upper mid length. I kinda want to make it my own build vs a complete rifle. Any thoughts?

Old 05-09-2014, 01:03 PM   #9345
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
I've been thinking about getting an AR this year, been doing a bit of research. This is pretty much what I was thinking. Minus the optic, that would take some time. But I was thinking a BCM upper mid length. I kinda want to make it my own build vs a complete rifle. Any thoughts?
Not sure I'm reading it right, are you saying you want to build your own rifle from it's base components? Or have complete uppers/lowers to choose what you want and have it be "your build"?

If you want to build from scratch, Bravo Company doesn't sell stripped uppers or lowers at all, only complete rifles or complete uppers.

Bravo Co is high quality, so that thinking is good. Mid length gas system is good for a first build, but it depends on what you want it to do. Mid length is the best compromise, but it has limitations.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:09 PM   #9346
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
Not sure I'm reading it right, are you saying you want to build your own rifle from it's base components? Or have complete uppers/lowers to choose what you want and have it be "your build"?

If you want to build from scratch, Bravo Company doesn't sell stripped uppers or lowers at all, only complete rifles or complete uppers.

Bravo Co is high quality, so that thinking is good. Mid length gas system is good for a first build, but it depends on what you want it to do. Mid length is the best compromise, but it has limitations.
Yeah a BCM Upper, not sure what lower yet. Just wanting something fun to shoot/home defense. General purpose I guess.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:26 PM   #9347
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Palmetto has a $30 off coupon for all orders over $200 today if you want to start piecing your build there.

http://www.slickguns.com/product/complete-ar15-42997
Old 05-09-2014, 06:19 PM   #9348
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

...sure! ...i'd recommend, at a minimum, going with a replacement grip and maybe even an aftermarket trigger group, ...the ALG triggers are good for the price
Old 05-10-2014, 03:31 AM   #9349
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
So....who else wants one of the new troy m7a1 pdw stocks?

We actually have a few of these at work. They hold a tighter group at 100m than a MK18 or a standard 14.5". I was looking hard at the NEA stock kit, but those things are just damn uncomfortable. It is a nice option for some limited/ low visibility options for some of the guys I work with.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:50 AM   #9350
45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45longcolt's Tacoma Gallery
458 Socom parts available

Guys if any of you were thinking "big bore" AR the original maker of the 458 Socom is back in the game making barrels and bolts for the 458 Socom. That is the only difference between a 5.56mm upper and a 458 Socom upper other than the ejection port needs to be widened slightly via Dremel tool. A 458 Socom barrel and bolt for $299 is a very good deal right now.

http://www.tromix.com/socom-parts.htm

Before you step off into this money pit called 458 Socom be forewarned that you either need to be rich or reload or even better, both. Factory ammo runs around $3 a pop but you can reload them for around 60 cents each. Reloading: you will need a die set, Lee FCD, case gauge, Imperial sizing wax (regular lube doesn't work), and brass. Brass is made a few times a year by Starline so what you do is get on a list somewhere for brass, it costs around 75 cents to a dollar a pop. But the good thing is you can reload these puppies over and over and over again. Some have (20) loading's on one case, myself I have some that have gone (10) times already and they still work.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:06 AM   #9351
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Sounds like a good first rifle. A mid length with a pinned front sight base will be my next upper. I'd add a Daniel defense fixed rear sight and shoot it with irons. And if there is one splurge that I recommend to every AR owner, it's a quality aftermarket trigger. I prefer Geissele. I think I'm up to four now, and they're worth every penny.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:14 AM   #9352
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
New Rifle Cases

AR-15 BS Thread-photo-1.jpg

AR-15 BS Thread-photo-2.jpgI just picked up some new cases for my 14.5" and my Mk-12. I am beyond pleased how these turned out. Hit me up if you are interested in getting something like this done and I will pass you the contact info.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:28 PM   #9353
Mob dirt parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: RM/ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiend13 View Post
Picked up a New Frontier Armory AR poly lower today. I know how some feel about poly lowers, but it has a lifetime warranty! Picking up a BCG in the next couple of weeks and then my build will be complete.

Yeah! I was just there today.

I didn't see any special deals.

Cliff always knows exactly wtf he's talking about if you ever have any questions.
He's one of the owners, has a brown/grey short beard. Navy vet.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:53 PM   #9354
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Yeah! I was just there today.

I didn't see any special deals.

Cliff always knows exactly wtf he's talking about if you ever have any questions.
He's one of the owners, has a brown/grey short beard. Navy vet.
Yeah, I've met him a few times. I'm going back in two weeks to pick up the bcg and then it'll be complete, aside from what few mods I wanna do later on.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:41 PM   #9355
DougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Doug
DougDeBonet's Tacoma Gallery
AR-15 BS Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1399840833.945682.jpgtime at the range today was short but good.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:27 PM   #9356
HKRunner is just really niceHKRunner is just really niceHKRunner is just really niceHKRunner is just really nice
Marines: Devil Dog Extraordinaire
Name: Cameron
HKRunner's Tacoma Gallery
got my form 1 back mid April. BCM 11.5 upper will be here tomorrow. then sending it off to get a KAC URX II installed. waiting a looooooong time for this.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:41 PM   #9357
Dental Floss Tycoon
Bagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bagman's Tacoma Gallery
Carbine vs Mid-length vs Rifle Educate me

New to AR's. Is it cycle rate, recoil, ?????

Just thought of something else....do piston AR's require proprietary handguards to fit over the gas block? Sorry for the newb questions

Thanks
Old 05-23-2014, 03:47 PM   #9358
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Picked up a 16" fluted AR Stoner barrel to build out a Recce type rifle with my 1-4x PST. Probably install it tonight.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:08 PM   #9359
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagman View Post
New to AR's. Is it cycle rate, recoil, ?????

Just thought of something else....do piston AR's require proprietary handguards to fit over the gas block? Sorry for the newb questions

Thanks
Carbine length gas tube measures 9 3/4"
Midlength gas tube measures 11 3/4"
Rifle length gas tube measures 15 1/8"

Some rails are built for piston guns.
Adams arms has a new lo profile piston gas block for their piston kit.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:13 PM   #9360
Dental Floss Tycoon
Bagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bagman's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. I understand they are different lengths but what are advantages. If I understand correctly you can have the same 16" barrel, one carbine, one mid-length gas tube. Is it to just have a longer handguard or is there some other reason?

Products Discussed in this Thread