Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

AR-15 BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2014, 03:21 PM   #9601
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougDeBonet View Post
You have no rear iron? Possibly your problem? Or it's just not in the photo.
Haha I have a magpul MBUS, just not pictured

Old 06-10-2014, 04:07 PM   #9602
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
Really want to get the paperwork going for this^^. Dont have a G for it tho

Almost exactly 6 months with a trust. Really want to test the piston system.

Thx man
Check out Allen Engineering, or High Caliber Sales. (Allen is OPS Inc. Job shop. IIRC his model 12 can is +/- $650)
Old 06-10-2014, 04:07 PM   #9603
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coler45 View Post
I have a DPMS lite 16 I'm looking to do some mods to but am very green in this area. I'm wanting to replace the A1 upper with an A3 flattop and ad a free float forearm to it while removing the front site. Is this something I should tackle or just leave alone and take it to a shop.
Do you have a vise? $60 in tools plus a $100 upper will get you there. No reason to take a loss and rebuy if you have any desire to DIY and have access to YouTube.

If you have zero mechanical ability and/or zero desire to learn, then by all means buy a different upper.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:14 PM   #9604
The force is strong with this one.
TRD Auddie is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Load Toad
Name: Austin
TRD Auddie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Collapsed butt and chicken wing to boot... while holding a knife.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing!

Excellent form Gov'na!
Old 06-10-2014, 07:30 PM   #9605
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Do you have a vise? $60 in tools plus a $100 upper will get you there. No reason to take a loss and rebuy if you have any desire to DIY and have access to YouTube.

If you have zero mechanical ability and/or zero desire to learn, then by all means buy a different upper.
plus free float plus new gas block plus the old parts laying around collecting dust, unless OP wants to rebuild his A1 upper back...
Old 06-10-2014, 07:50 PM   #9606
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
plus free float plus new gas block plus the old parts laying around collecting dust, unless OP wants to rebuild his A1 upper back...
Going to have to pay extra for a free float tube anyway, whether it's part of a new upper or bought as a part. A pinned a2 front sight makes the most secure low profile gas block possible after it's shaved.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:59 AM   #9608
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Well sighted the SBR in at 25 yards. First few rounds had failure to feed, switched the gas setting, fixed problem.

Most noticeable thing was the kick and how much it pulled right, not up but right. Not sure why!?!?

It is an Adams Arms piston system, any ideas?
Old 06-11-2014, 12:04 PM   #9609
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Muzzle brake sideways?
Old 06-11-2014, 12:14 PM   #9610

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
Muzzle brake sideways?
I'd say that. Or, since it's a piston upper I assume there are vents somewhere around the piston/block interface. If vents on the right are clogged or blocked then escaping gads on the left would kick the gun to the right. I have almost zero piston upper experience though.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:40 PM   #9611
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
A2 flash hider so not that, the gas ports seem like a good starting spot.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:10 PM   #9612
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Next question: I will buy a suppressor, at some point, but want a new muzzle device now. Do i have to worry about which can i buy or are most of them universally fitted for muzzle breaks? So do i have to plan the muzzle break for the can?
Old 06-11-2014, 01:18 PM   #9613
Remember to lube your brake pads and tire treads!
quantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shed

quantum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Next question: I will buy a suppressor, at some point, but want a new muzzle device now. Do i have to worry about which can i buy or are most of them universally fitted for muzzle breaks? So do i have to plan the muzzle break for the can?
yes, usually the muzzle device and can are made by the same company

most can companies have their own unique system of attaching
Old 06-11-2014, 01:21 PM   #9614
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post
yes, usually the muzzle device and can are made by the same company

most can companies have their own unique system of attaching
Well then i guess buy once wont work, think i might go with the troy claymore then.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:25 PM   #9615
Remember to lube your brake pads and tire treads!
quantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shed

quantum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well then i guess buy once wont work, think i might go with the troy claymore then.
just buy a thread protector....they are cheap
https://www.primaryarms.com/JP-Enter...2x28-.750b.htm
Old 06-11-2014, 07:39 PM   #9616
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Picked up a colt carry handle for my 7.62x39 AR carbine:
Old 06-11-2014, 07:52 PM   #9617
The force is strong with this one.
TRD Auddie is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Load Toad
Name: Austin
TRD Auddie's Tacoma Gallery
AR-15 BS Thread

Quote:

Go w/ something from AAC or SureFire.

My preference is the SureFire though. You'll spend more, but it is an absolutely awesome brake.

Not to mention, I don't think there is a can that works w/ the Claymore.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:24 PM   #9618
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD Auddie View Post
Go w/ something from AAC or SureFire.

My preference is the SureFire though. You'll spend more, but it is an absolutely awesome brake.

Not to mention, I don't think there is a can that works w/ the Claymore.
Pricey and i doubt id buy a surefire can, overpriced like their flashlights. And i would almost promise the claymore doesnt work with any can but if i end up buying another brake for the can i buy might as well get what i want. I like troy products and like the idea of the all forward blast minus the extra kick.

And back on the push right dilemma, flash hider was loose enough for me to turn it by hand. So i have a feeling it was the cause of my issue. Problem solved hopefully
Old 06-11-2014, 10:29 PM   #9619
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
bye bye bullet buttons
Old 06-12-2014, 08:27 AM   #9620
One Convenient Locations ......In Africa
Sleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: HMM-263 MALS-29
Name: Corporal
Sleeper362's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on being free.

Products Discussed in this Thread