Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Would you file a claim?

Old 05-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Would you file a claim?

I ordered a holster and mag holster for my FNP.40 from a company that I've never used before but they were one of the only companies who had what I wanted in stock.

I placed the order about a month ago. The total came out to $99.73 with shipping.

I asked for a status update last Friday and he told me it would ship Monday, which it did.

However, my bank shows a bill of $103.73 from this company.

I called and asked why and he said "It's shipping insurance added to it".. I didn't pay for insurance and was my receipt says $99.73 not $103.73. He said that they can't do anything about it since its been billed already.

To me its not the cash that bothers me but the principal of the fact that the price changed from my receipt and I was never notified of any extra charges.

Would you file a claim with the bank over this?
Old 05-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #2
GEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KELLEN
GEARAHOLIC's Tacoma Gallery
depends on they day...if I had the time and energy I usually would...but only after fully taking it up with the company itself!
Old 05-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Four bucks? The time it would take to deal with the claim/refund is worth more than $4. Fuck it man. Money's for spending anyway. At least you know your gear will get to you safe and sound or be paid for. Custom holsters?
Old 05-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #5
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
I ordered a holster and mag holster for my FNP.40 from a company that I've never used before but they were one of the only companies who had what I wanted in stock.

I placed the order about a month ago. The total came out to $99.73 with shipping.

I asked for a status update last Friday and he told me it would ship Monday, which it did.

However, my bank shows a bill of $103.73 from this company.

I called and asked why and he said "It's shipping insurance added to it".. I didn't pay for insurance and was my receipt says $99.73 not $103.73. He said that they can't do anything about it since its been billed already.

To me its not the cash that bothers me but the principal of the fact that the price changed from my receipt and I was never notified of any extra charges.

Would you file a claim with the bank over this?
Thank you for helping feed our poor economy. Just take the loss
Old 05-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Four bucks? The time it would take to deal with the claim/refund is worth more than $4. Fuck it man. Money's for spending anyway. At least you know your gear will get to you safe and sound or be paid for. Custom holsters?
I agree it's not work it over $4 but in principle that's a shady business practice to write a receipt for one amount and charge another without notifying the customer or having him authorize the additional charge.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:56 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I agree it's not work it over $4 but in principle that's a shady business practice to write a receipt for one amount and charge another without notifying the customer or having him authorize the additional charge.

I'm not disputing that. What I'm saying is I'll save my time and effort for the $200 fuckups, not the $4 ones. Hell, that's not even lunch.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #9
LSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Logan
LSC15's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't whine over $4
Old 05-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #10
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Take the loss....

Did your items show up?

If you feel the need to 'do something' about it after the fact, you could always file a complaint with BBB.
http://www.bbb.org/
They shouldn't be applying insurance charges to you unless you give them permission or otherwise noted it as part of the price.

Just as an FYI - Before you order products from an 'unknown' company, check the BBB for any complaints or 'warnings'. You might be Thankful.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #11
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
I'm not disputing that. What I'm saying is I'll save my time and effort for the $200 fuckups, not the $4 ones. Hell, that's not even lunch.
Agreed, for a few bucks, I think as far as I'd take it would be a phone call to the company themselves and point out to a manager that it is unsavory business practice. Beyond that, if the product came and was worth the price, I wouldn't pursue it any further.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:25 PM   #12
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
...vendors in this industry ought to know that word-of-mouth advertising is important, ...i might just politely remind them of that
Old 05-24-2013, 07:16 AM   #13
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Fuck ALL that noise. I don't care how much money I have or how little time I have I will always, always, ALWAYS make time to stand for principal. Doesn't matter if it's $4, $40 or $400... you authorized an amount and they charged more. When confronted about it they said tough shit. NO! That is NOT good customer service. You need to ask for the supervisor, demand your money back and post the name of the company here. If it were me I would demand a full refund and take your money elsewhere man. FAR too many options in this industry to deal with one that gives poor customer service.

Next time you need a holster: www.coloradoholster.com Steve's holster's are top notch and you will not find better customer service. Period. I won't buy holsters anywhere else now and I've got stacks of them from every maker you can think of from over the years.