1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Would you file a claim?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Aw9d, May 23, 2013.

1. May 23, 2013 at 11:27 AM
    Aw9d

Aw9d [OP] That one guy

Member:
    I ordered a holster and mag holster for my FNP.40 from a company that I've never used before but they were one of the only companies who had what I wanted in stock.

I placed the order about a month ago. The total came out to $99.73 with shipping.

I asked for a status update last Friday and he told me it would ship Monday, which it did.

However, my bank shows a bill of $103.73 from this company.

I called and asked why and he said "It's shipping insurance added to it".. I didn't pay for insurance and was my receipt says $99.73 not $103.73. He said that they can't do anything about it since its been billed already.

To me its not the cash that bothers me but the principal of the fact that the price changed from my receipt and I was never notified of any extra charges.

Would you file a claim with the bank over this?

2. May 23, 2013 at 11:41 AM
    GEARAHOLIC

GEARAHOLIC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    KELLEN
    PASO ROBLES, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Black on Black BEAST
    depends on they day...if I had the time and energy I usually would...but only after fully taking it up with the company itself!

3. May 23, 2013 at 1:36 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I don't for a minute beleive they can't refund that money...I would ask for the next guy up the food chain from whoever you talked with.

Not satisfied w/ that conversation - Go to the bank.

4. May 23, 2013 at 1:43 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Four bucks? The time it would take to deal with the claim/refund is worth more than $4. Fuck it man. Money's for spending anyway. At least you know your gear will get to you safe and sound or be paid for. Custom holsters?

5. May 23, 2013 at 1:46 PM
    cc350

cc350 Retired Member

Member:
    Thank you for helping feed our poor economy. Just take the loss;)

6. May 23, 2013 at 1:52 PM
    broken taco

broken taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    San Diego / Houston
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD SR5 4WD
    Trail gear 3 Link Solid Axle Swap kit, 14 " Fox coil overs with reservoirs up front, Chevy 63 leaf spring swap with ruff stuffs Chevy 63 swap kit, 14 "Fox shocks on the rear, 37" tires, Custom front bumper by Next Venture Motor Sports with a warn winch, glassworks unlimited fender flares, custom rock rails with kickups (modeled after Relentless Fab Rock sliders), rear bumper from streetacos.com (with custom rap around protection for fiberglass fenders and the hitch receiver hidden behind the license plate that is on hinges), HID off road lights on front bumper, rigid pods on rear bumper with red back lighting, high lift mounted in the bed, onboard air, Flowmaster muffler, aftermarket air intake, alarm system, Alpine Deck, Alpine amp, Alpine speakers, JL W6 12" subwoofer, JL amp.
    i would just write a letter to the company saying that you would love to continue buying products from them and that you are happy with what you received but you though them charging you extra was sketchy and unprofessional and then just hope that they give you a coupon or discount on your next order

7. May 23, 2013 at 1:52 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I agree it's not work it over $4 but in principle that's a shady business practice to write a receipt for one amount and charge another without notifying the customer or having him authorize the additional charge.

8. May 23, 2013 at 1:56 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

I'm not disputing that. What I'm saying is I'll save my time and effort for the $200 fuckups, not the $4 ones. Hell, that's not even lunch.

9. May 23, 2013 at 1:57 PM
    LSC15

LSC15 Southern Retrofits

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD D-Cab
    2008 Double Cab - Current 2002 4runner - Sold 2001 Double Cab - Sold 1995 Xtra Cab - Sold
    I wouldn't whine over $4

10. May 23, 2013 at 3:25 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Take the loss....

Did your items show up?

If you feel the need to 'do something' about it after the fact, you could always file a complaint with BBB.
    http://www.bbb.org/
    They shouldn't be applying insurance charges to you unless you give them permission or otherwise noted it as part of the price.

Just as an FYI - Before you order products from an 'unknown' company, check the BBB for any complaints or 'warnings'. You might be Thankful.

11. May 23, 2013 at 3:34 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Agreed, for a few bucks, I think as far as I'd take it would be a phone call to the company themselves and point out to a manager that it is unsavory business practice. Beyond that, if the product came and was worth the price, I wouldn't pursue it any further.

12. May 23, 2013 at 7:25 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    ...vendors in this industry ought to know that word-of-mouth advertising is important, ...i might just politely remind them of that ;)

13. May 24, 2013 at 7:16 AM
    Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak Don't taze me bro!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged '10 Tacoma 4x4 TRD
    TRD Supercharger + too much stuff to list. Click sig pic
    Fuck ALL that noise. I don't care how much money I have or how little time I have I will always, always, ALWAYS make time to stand for principal. Doesn't matter if it's $4, $40 or $400... you authorized an amount and they charged more. When confronted about it they said tough shit. NO! That is NOT good customer service. You need to ask for the supervisor, demand your money back and post the name of the company here. If it were me I would demand a full refund and take your money elsewhere man. FAR too many options in this industry to deal with one that gives poor customer service.

Next time you need a holster: www.coloradoholster.com Steve's holster's are top notch and you will not find better customer service. Period. I won't buy holsters anywhere else now and I've got stacks of them from every maker you can think of from over the years.

14. May 24, 2013 at 7:30 AM
    Greytacoma1

Greytacoma1 Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    dave
    Sacramento ca
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma dc lb
    Satoshi grill, Plasti derp, Ready lift kit, Wheelers 2 inch aal, Hella 700, Wheather tech floor mats, Blueinstinct armrest cover, sockmonkey bed decal, BHLM, debadge, 35% tint front windows, OEM roof rack, OEM step bar, TRD skid plate, tacomaworld.com decal, stock antenna trimed, gorilla extended lug nuts,diff breather mod, cab mount chop, AVS window visor, spidertrax 1.25 wheel spacers, toytec sway bar relocate, extra d ring mod
    I'd file a claim. How many customers are they ripping off already. Let's see... 4bucks X 100,000=$400,000. Somebody's getting paid.

Products Discussed in

To Top