I drew my weapon in self defense: Gun owners & Dog Walkers

Old 06-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #461
Whiskey Neat is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Mechanic - of sorts
Name: James
Whiskey Neat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartx View Post
Guy, if a dog is off it's leash and charging at people, their pets, or whatever, I have no problem whatsoever with anyone using it as a football. Neither does the law. Much of this thread has focused on how people should be free to walk down a street (or in a park, or etc) without fear or concern of being attacked by stray animals. To sum it up, if you don't want your animal kicked, or even potentially shot with a firearm, keep it on a leash and well under control. Those who fail at that very simple, basic, requirement should criticize themselves, not others.
Agreed!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #462
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Guy, if a dog is off it's leash and charging at people, their pets, or whatever, I have no problem whatsoever with anyone using it as a football. Neither does the law. Much of this thread has focused on how people should be free to walk down a street (or in a park, or etc) without fear or concern of being attacked by stray animals. To sum it up, if you don't want your animal kicked, or even potentially shot with a firearm, keep it on a leash and well under control. Those who fail at that very simple, basic, requirement should criticize themselves, not others.
+3
Old 06-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #463
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am a dog owner and have been all my life and agree with this wholeheartedly.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #464
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Couldn't be more true.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #465
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That about sums it up. Well said!
Old 06-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #466
TR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
TR90125's Tacoma Gallery
I never thought this thread would slow down.

While I was tempted on many occasions to join in the crowd and weigh my endless insights on all the ins and outs of what the OP did right and/or wrong, when the dust settles, whether you are in the over reacted camp, under reacted camp or reacted just right camp, it was just that, a reaction.

Due to the general lack of consideration of another person sharing a public space the OP found himself in a situation that essentially required some sort of reaction, which, like any reaction, had to be made in real time. The OP was then gracious enough to share his experience so we could second guess the entire event conveniently separated in both time and distance and totally lacking the sum of the OP's experiences, cultural and regional influences, environmental influences and recent direct experience with animals and proceed to provide pages and pages of what my look like forum fodder but is actually most likely a graduate level psych analysis on the role of egocentrism in the formation of opinions.

To the OP, I am withholding judgement on your actions for the following reasons:

1. As stated above, I believe you were forced to react by the inconsiderate actions of another person

2. Until I have had the exact same experience as you judgement simply seems misplaced

3. I'm too busy washing all the windows in my glass house to throw stones

Old 06-27-2013, 05:36 PM   #467
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR90125 View Post

While I was tempted on many occasions to join in the crowd and weigh my endless insights on all the ins and outs of what the OP did right and/or wrong, when the dust settles, whether you are in the over reacted camp, under reacted camp or reacted just right camp, it was just that, a reaction.

Due to the general lack of consideration of another person sharing a public space the OP found himself in a situation that essentially required some sort of reaction, which, like any reaction, had to be made in real time. The OP was then gracious enough to share his experience so we could second guess the entire event conveniently separated in both time and distance and totally lacking the sum of the OP's experiences, cultural and regional influences, environmental influences and recent direct experience with animals and proceed to provide pages and pages of what my look like forum fodder but is actually most likely a graduate level psych analysis on the role of egocentrism in the formation of opinions.

To the OP, I am withholding judgement on your actions for the following reasons:

1. As stated above, I believe you were forced to react by the inconsiderate actions of another person

2. Until I have had the exact same experience as you judgement simply seems misplaced

agreed!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 08:00 AM   #468
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR90125 View Post

This is a great reply.