Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Cetme rifle

Old 02-24-2009, 08:06 PM   #1
Banned
Bill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to behold
Bill Brasky's Tacoma Gallery
Cetme rifle

Found one for $500. Looks good. Green furniture. But I have no idea what I'm looking at.

Thoughts? Is it worth it? Decent rifle?
Old 02-24-2009, 08:09 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I hear mixed reports on the CETME's. For $500.00 though...sounds like a good deal.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:12 AM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bill, Did you check out AR15.com and see what they said?
Old 02-25-2009, 05:59 AM   #5
Cobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud of

Army: 82nd Airborne Division
Cobra69's Tacoma Gallery
There are several things on a cetme you need to be aware of. they are a copy of the HK-91. You should take a good look at the charging handle tube, what kinda metal is it made out of, what kinda metal the receiver is made out of, Is the bolt face ground or not? what size gap is there between the bolt and carrier (look at it thru the mag well. these rifles are prone to malfunction,but can be made to work great with a little effort. these rifles three years ago went for $250, compared to the HK-91 which sells for around $1800-$2600. If you can take several pics of one i can check it out for you if you want the rifle. When I get home i can link several websites for you full on info. on these rifles. The HK-91 has none of the issues its copy has.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:49 AM   #6
Banned
Bill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Bill, Did you check out AR15.com and see what they said?
No, not yet. I just remember reading that the Cetme was the lesser of the HK rifle clones...but a .308 semi-auto for $500 requirs some thought.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:56 AM   #7
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra69 View Post
There are several things on a cetme you need to be aware of. they are a copy of the HK-91. You should take a good look at the charging handle tube, what kinda metal is it made out of, what kinda metal the receiver is made out of, Is the bolt face ground or not? what size gap is there between the bolt and carrier (look at it thru the mag well. these rifles are prone to malfunction,but can be made to work great with a little effort. these rifles three years ago went for $250, compared to the HK-91 which sells for around $1800-$2600. If you can take several pics of one i can check it out for you if you want the rifle. When I get home i can link several websites for you full on info. on these rifles. The HK-91 has none of the issues its copy has.
Thanks a ton.

What type(s) of metal should I be looking for in the charging handle tube and receiver? And the ground bolt face...is that a modification to the weapon by the owner? And am I just looking for machining marks? And, how big (or little) should the gap be?

Again, thanks for the info.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:08 AM   #8
Cobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud of

Army: 82nd Airborne Division
Cobra69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
Thanks a ton.

What type(s) of metal should I be looking for in the charging handle tube and receiver? And the ground bolt face...is that a modification to the weapon by the owner? And am I just looking for machining marks? And, how big (or little) should the gap be?

Again, thanks for the info.
You want stainless steel in both, the bolt face should NOT be ground if it is there was a feeding and function problem with the rifle. It may work now,but you may have problems or issues with it. I'll have to get back to you on the gap. Its at home I'm at work.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:25 PM   #10

My Buddy has a Cetme that had FTF's all day long. He had a knowlegable Cetme dude fix it up, and now its 100%. Seems the most common issues are feeding and cycling, but a good gunsmith should be able to fix that.