Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Get your guns now!

Old 01-23-2010, 03:13 AM   #441
masterblaster is a name known to allmasterblaster is a name known to allmasterblaster is a name known to allmasterblaster is a name known to allmasterblaster is a name known to allmasterblaster is a name known to all
masterblaster's Tacoma Gallery
the first amendment is one of the more bastardized portions of our Constitution....as far as i know, the US military doesn't mandate that all soldiers use an ACOG on their firearms, so there isnt any argument for the Federal Government forcing a religion on an unwilling people. The 1st was written to keep the US Gov't from becoming a Theocracy, and to ensure all people (regardless of religious belief) get a fair shake....this current spell of political correctness is being cloaked in the citizens 'constitutional rights' .... its alarming that the gov't has become so adept at deciding when our constitutional rights are worthy of infringement and when they are not.....even more alarming is the amount of people that go along with the pick 'n choose tendencies that plague our political system.

.....I would hope our federal government wouldn't choose to terminate a 2+ decade business partnership with a privately owned company, based solely on the religious affiliation of said company.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:31 AM   #442
On my second taco now....
astral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
astral's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm, I think this thread needs some more guns:

Old 01-23-2010, 07:45 AM   #443
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by astral View Post
Hmm, I think this thread needs some more guns:

I'll take the snub nose
Old 01-23-2010, 08:11 AM   #444
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
the first amendment is one of the more bastardized portions of our Constitution....as far as i know, the US military doesn't mandate that all soldiers use an ACOG on their firearms, so there isnt any argument for the Federal Government forcing a religion on an unwilling people. The 1st was written to keep the US Gov't from becoming a Theocracy, and to ensure all people (regardless of religious belief) get a fair shake....this current spell of political correctness is being cloaked in the citizens 'constitutional rights' .... its alarming that the gov't has become so adept at deciding when our constitutional rights are worthy of infringement and when they are not.....even more alarming is the amount of people that go along with the pick 'n choose tendencies that plague our political system.

.....I would hope our federal government wouldn't choose to terminate a 2+ decade business partnership with a privately owned company, based solely on the religious affiliation of said company.
They had better not lose the Trijicon account. I mean they have certain models having the triangle reticle. EoTech and Aimpoint and a few others that have the red dot. But lets face it by the time the ACLU gets involved the military will have to get rid of all conventional scopes because we wouldn't want to force a Christian symbol on anybody looking through a "CROSS" hair. And that is about how rediculous this country is getting. IMO.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:11 AM   #445
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post

anytime i've been issued a weapon in the AF, u have no choice on what u get. no one is saying to terminate business w/ them, but have the products produced w/o the shit on them
Old 01-23-2010, 09:03 AM   #447
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery

Took a nice 10 point this year with this magnum. Not your bean field, 500 yard shot, type magnum but the 44 worked well in the thick MO brush.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:08 AM   #448
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
Join the NRA, And call your Representatives! At least if enough people do that, they might pretend to care.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:51 AM   #449
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Agreed. This is my favorite:

absolutely stunning!

as for god in government...i'll close by saying that we cannot have religious favoritisim in government workings. the 1st amendment was designed to combat the influence of organized religion in the state as well as to ensure that the individual citizen can practice whatever form of religion they choose. look back at the history of England and you will see that the powers of the curch rivaled or even overcame the powers of the royal family. the founders knew this and addressed the issue accordingly. being that we practice "freedom of religion", if any one sect of religion gains power over the others in the government, it will most likely try to force out the other religions and thereby by be able to dictate laws and regulations that can affect citizens rights to practice their personal religious worship of choice. the 1st does not just protect the citizenery from the government, it also protects the government from religious influence.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:11 PM   #451
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

Quote:

I have had dreams about this gun in the past. I need the money to build it. and of course the links to the places to buy it.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:47 PM   #452
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristopherl View Post
I have had dreams about this gun in the past. I need the money to build it. and of course the links to the places to buy it.
It's an LWRC but if you built a free float upper, you can get a piston conversion kit or send it to LWRC and thet will retrofit theirs into it. Or just buy an LWRC but I think they only offer black now.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:41 PM   #453
masterblaster is a name known to allmasterblaster is a name known to allmasterblaster is a name known to allmasterblaster is a name known to allmasterblaster is a name known to allmasterblaster is a name known to all
masterblaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBS View Post
absolutely stunning!

as for god in government...i'll close by saying that we cannot have religious favoritisim in government workings. the 1st amendment was designed to combat the influence of organized religion in the state as well as to ensure that the individual citizen can practice whatever form of religion they choose. look back at the history of England and you will see that the powers of the curch rivaled or even overcame the powers of the royal family. the founders knew this and addressed the issue accordingly. being that we practice "freedom of religion", if any one sect of religion gains power over the others in the government, it will most likely try to force out the other religions and thereby by be able to dictate laws and regulations that can affect citizens rights to practice their personal religious worship of choice. the 1st does not just protect the citizenery from the government, it also protects the government from religious influence.
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

there is a marked distinction between entertaining religion, and showing favoritism. there is always room for interpretation when discussing the views of the founders, however...as the constitution is written, there is no mention of keeping religion out of government; only keeping government out of religion...as you said, to protect from a theocratic emergence. It has only been through the United States Supreme Court Justices legislating from the bench that the push to keep Religious influence out of Government has come about.

Quote:
"Practical distinction between Religion and Civil Government is essential to the purity of both, and as guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States." --James Madison
note the word distinction, as i said before....there should be, and is, a line drawn as not to meld Religion and Government into a single ruling entity (theocracy)....however, like oil and water, both can exist in the same space while maintaining their independency.

Quote:
"...no man shall be compelled to frequent or support any religious worship, place or ministry whatsoever, nor shall be enforced, restrained, molested, or berthened in his body or goods, nor shall otherwise suffer on account of his religious opinons or belief: but that all men shall be free to profess, and by argument to maintain, their opinion in matters of religion, and that the same shall in no wise diminish, enlarge or effect their civil capacities."
--Thomas Jefferson : Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom
again....a case of keeping Government out of religion, not the other way around.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:19 PM   #455
smuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud of
Name: CR
smuggiesrider's Tacoma Gallery
The truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristopherl View Post
I would hope to god they don't need to use the armor piercing round but the whole point of our second amendment is to enable the citizens of the US to defend themselve if our government were to move away from what this country was founded on and move away from the constitution. but, in the event they would and would try to control the people rather than the people control the government, one would need armor piercing rounds due to the fact that the government has things such as tanks and the civilians don't.
So I am a gun owner but can't understand why you need a ak47 or m16 to "DEFEND" yourself. Where do you live south central LA? And even then, I would hope most of us are a better shot then some thug and could take care of business. Up here in Vt almost every one owns a gun so when you go to rob someones house you better have backup.
I Know these are very fun (and expensive) guns to own and fire, but should every goober be able to have one? I think that's how all these guns end up in the wrong hands to begin with.
We should all be able to have what under the 2nd? Ak's? Napalm? Rocket launchers? Surface to air missiles? Mini Nukes? Anything?
I just don't know where to draw the line.
I'm not involved in politics but I do know America has been under the control of the government for longer than most of us have been alive. Rep. or Dem. there all the same. They want more power and lust it.
If the GOV comes for you and they really want you AK or Napalm will NOT stop them. Ask David Koresh. He sold and bought a lot of guns and got the attention of the ATF and then the FBI.
The way to solve the problem is stop finding groups to hate and want to kill in During the "CALL TO ARMS?" Who will we be fighting the GOV. ? well that's the military and other Americans that we all have friends in.
The mexicans? arabs? blacks? muslims? jews?
who IS the enemy.
I think the truth is our ignorance as a whole as a species is the enemy.
lets just have some guns to kill food and for sport. That's what their real purpose should be in a smarter world.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:24 PM   #456
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Less than 3 months til i can get me a hand gun.

Good thing since I cant really afford one yet lol.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:19 AM   #457
On my second taco now....
astral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
astral's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Awesome. What kind of light mount is that. Is it an Inova light?
Old 01-24-2010, 10:34 AM   #458

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggiesrider View Post
So I am a gun owner but can't understand why you need a ak47 or m16 to "DEFEND" yourself. Where do you live south central LA? And even then, I would hope most of us are a better shot then some thug and could take care of business. Up here in Vt almost every one owns a gun so when you go to rob someones house you better have backup.
I Know these are very fun (and expensive) guns to own and fire, but should every goober be able to have one? I think that's how all these guns end up in the wrong hands to begin with.
We should all be able to have what under the 2nd? Ak's? Napalm? Rocket launchers? Surface to air missiles? Mini Nukes? Anything?
I just don't know where to draw the line.
I'm not involved in politics but I do know America has been under the control of the government for longer than most of us have been alive. Rep. or Dem. there all the same. They want more power and lust it.
If the GOV comes for you and they really want you AK or Napalm will NOT stop them. Ask David Koresh. He sold and bought a lot of guns and got the attention of the ATF and then the FBI.
The way to solve the problem is stop finding groups to hate and want to kill in During the "CALL TO ARMS?" Who will we be fighting the GOV. ? well that's the military and other Americans that we all have friends in.
who IS the enemy.
lets just have some guns to kill food and for sport. That's what their real purpose should be in a smarter world.
Well if you do enough studying of why the 2nd amendment was put in place. You will find it wasn't for hunting or personal protection against a robber. Evil will unfortunately always exist; therefore we need a means to protect ourselves from it. And yes if the government comes after me an AK or AR would not stop them. HOWEVER, if a government becomes a something it was never meant to be and becomes something of a dictatorship where all of our rights are denied, it gives the American public the ability to defend themselves against the tyranny of government. I alone am nothing but a nation together is everything. So yes, and AR or other semi autos rifles makes a huge difference in the hands of a nation against a government no matter what resources they have. The right to bear arms keeps the government in their place which is to serve us not rule us. God help us if we would need to do this. The first thing an out of control government tries to do is disarm the nation so they cannot fight back. They attack the 2nd Amendment almost every day under the smoke and mirrors that is they are doing it to protect the public from criminals. Criminals donít care about the law, they will get whatever they want whenever they want. You can look at other countries that have gun bans and it has not stopped gun related crime. So it is my fault we don't punish criminal enough to prevent this from continuing to happen? Since when did I become a criminal to not allow me to own a weapon?
Also, yes we all have friends and family in the military but those men and women in the military will not stay in service if they believe they are fighting for the wrong thing. And it isn't like it hasn't happened before (Civil War)

I am horrible at debate and I am sure others on this site could argue better than me. I look at it from a historical standpoint and not a current teachings standpoint. Also, do not try to control someone else especially when they haven't done anything wrong.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:41 AM   #459
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by astral View Post
Awesome. What kind of light mount is that. Is it an Inova light?
Thanks! It's a KZ light mount and yes, it's an Innova.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:19 AM   #460
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggiesrider View Post
...During the "CALL TO ARMS?" Who will we be fighting the GOV. ? well that's the military and other Americans that we all have friends in.
who IS the enemy.
the "enemy" is anyone who would deny you liberty. the Call to Arms has already happened once before. i am not worried about some guys in all black coming for my guns...not gonna happen. our government knows that physically confiscating weapons they deem inapropriate on a large scale is a very bad idea. their new thinking of late, is to enact laws that forbid certain weapons/ammo/equipment, then go after the owners through the court systems. they can better fight their battle on a small, individual scale, rather than demand every american turn in any weapons they have on a list. as far as what types of weapons should be allowed...i'm not sure where the line should be either? obviously, though i support the 2nd amendment, i don't want dipschitt-down-the-street launching RPG's up in the air on the 4th, but i also don't think that competent, law-abiding citizens should be denied a certain weapon because someone thinks it's scary. i guess training and competency come into play reguarding the higher end of modern weapons. citizens should at least be able to buy & legally own anything their local police force has on hand. LEOs need them to protect themselves from criminals...so why am i not able to afford myself the same protection? also, as Keason stated...the criminals may not always be the guys down in the bad neighborhood on the southside...there are plenty in the District of Columbia as well...some of whom commit "crimes" on a daily basis. oh and as for the Waco Compound...that was a very small group of well armed individuals...take that and multiply it a few thousand times...law enforcement and or local military forces would be quickly overwhelmed. we, the citizens still hold the power in this nation...even though we let our government trick us into thinking otherwise. as long as big brother doesn't screw us all too bad, we'll go on living our lives, happy that we can watch CSI on four different channels up on the wall on our 60" plasma high def. TVs while eating pizza delivered right to our doors all while ordering new accesories for our trucks on our wireless 3G cellphones.