Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Choosing Handgun for my birthday

Old 02-26-2009, 10:44 AM   #1
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Choosing Handgun for my birthday

I'm thinking of asking for at least a fraction of the cost of a handgun for my birthday. I'll be turning 20 and only one more year til I can get my Concealed Carry permit so I'm looking for something practical to carry, maybe a .45. So far my favorite and my dad carried it for years with his agency is the Sig P220 but they are pretty expensive. Any advice or suggestions?
Old 02-26-2009, 10:55 AM   #3
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
s&w .40 (my next purchase)
Old 02-26-2009, 11:00 AM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
first things first...ignore EVERYTHING that is listed here and go somewhere and HOLD any gun that you fancy in the display case etc...then SHOOT the ones you like the feel/weight/etc of...make your decision from the ones you still like
Old 02-26-2009, 11:02 AM   #5
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I'm well aware that I need to shoot them on my own to find what I like but I am looking to go with in with a few models in mind
Old 02-26-2009, 11:05 AM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
Yes I'm well aware that I need to shoot them on my own to find what I like but I am looking to go with in with a few models in mind
everyone is going to give you something different and youre going to end up with a wide enough array of things to try that you havent narrowed down the list at all

i personally like glock...nothing smaller than a .40...packerfan will tell you to get an xd...so on and so forth...everyone here has their favs and each one is different
Old 02-26-2009, 11:25 AM   #7
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Yeah....You can get as many idea by going to a gun show and picking some pieces up...Holding them, feeling the action and the grip...as you can get here.

I carried a SIG P229DAK at work...Loved it- Never had to use it. I'm thinking about getting an XDm from Springfield Armory now...they are nice and a bit cheaper.

Good luck figuring it out!!
Old 02-26-2009, 03:41 PM   #9
fishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud of
fishshooter's Tacoma Gallery
If you are really going to CC a good bit of the time, at least check out some of the Smith J frames.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:32 PM   #10
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
If you want to conceal you might want to look at something more compact.

Like a Sig P229 like Brunes mentioned. I'd go with at least a .40