Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

russian saiga

Old 02-26-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
pat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pat's taco's Tacoma Gallery
russian saiga

does anybody here own a russian saiga ? if so do you like it. i just bought one. i don't know anything about them. me and a buddy went looking and ended buying .... hahaha. post some pics if gottem
Old 02-26-2009, 04:34 PM   #2
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
you should start with the pics
Old 02-26-2009, 04:38 PM   #3
pat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
you should start with the pics

your right

russian saiga-3pups-003.jpg
Old 02-26-2009, 04:53 PM   #4
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
If you dont mind me asking, how much did you fork over for that rifle?
Old 02-26-2009, 04:56 PM   #5

i paid $450. but my total was like 689. i bought some ass load of 223 rounds and a 2 ammo cans ... plus a warranty

why do you ask ?
Old 02-26-2009, 04:59 PM   #6
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat's taco View Post
i paid $450. but my total was like 689. i bought some ass load of 223 rounds and a 2 ammo cans ... plus a warranty

why do you ask ?
don't know much about the saiga but I like the look
let me guess.. about 500 rounds?
Old 02-26-2009, 05:04 PM   #7
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Just curious to see where the market is at.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:04 PM   #8

i don't much about it either. from what i get it's pretty much a ak .... i got like 20 some thing boxes ..... me and a friend bought this gun and pretty much bought the rest of his 223 rounds . he didn't have a whole lot ... i'm gonna go play with it saturday ...
Old 02-26-2009, 05:06 PM   #9
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

Quote:
i don't much about it either. from what i get it's pretty much a ak .... i got like 20 some thing boxes ..... me and a friend bought this gun and pretty much bought the rest of his 223 rounds . he didn't have a whole lot ... i'm gonna go play with it saturday ...
If you can afford it go online and buy more ammo while it's available
Old 02-26-2009, 05:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC4333 View Post
Just curious to see where the market is at.
market here is super up. plan jane aks are like $699....i bought mine for $350 like a year ago. while we were in the store he had to have sold at least 10 assault type rifles in about 45 minutes ... it crazy. i kinda hope he does put a band that means are guns value will go up great bit
Old 02-26-2009, 05:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristopherl View Post
If you can afford it go online and buy more ammo while it's available
i'm looking now... you know of any good places ?
Old 02-26-2009, 05:19 PM   #12

Quote:
i'm looking now... you know of any good places ?
check
ammotogo.com
sportsmansguide.com
ammoman.com
the-armory.com
ammobank.com
Cheaperthandirt.com
just compare.. I usually go by the 1000 rnd count
I can't think of the others
Old 02-26-2009, 09:03 PM   #13
Addicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the rough

Addicted's Tacoma Gallery
Here is my Saiga:

Mine's been converted. I picked it up for $450 at a gun show a few weeks back. Mine takes a 7.62x39 round. Great gun, and super fun to shoot.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:29 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted View Post
Here is my Saiga:

Mine's been converted. I picked it up for $450 at a gun show a few weeks back. Mine takes a 7.62x39 round. Great gun, and super fun to shoot.
thats pretty sweet looking. i just bought this to put on mine.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:13 PM   #15
Addicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the rough

Addicted's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you get that, and how much? I hate how small my stock, etc... is.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:31 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted View Post
Where did you get that, and how much? I hate how small my stock, etc... is.

i found a few of these on the net. they range from $53 to about $80. i bought mine from here http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/
Old 03-05-2009, 05:05 PM   #17

just put my new stock on.... i'm digging it alot. before and after

russian saiga-3pups-003.jpgrussian saiga-3pups-006.jpg
Old 03-05-2009, 05:08 PM   #18

Quote:
just put my new stock on.... i'm digging it alot. before and after

Attachment 23186Attachment 23185
Very big improvement
Old 03-05-2009, 05:09 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristopherl View Post
Very big improvement

thanks now all i need is my galil handle and red dot sight and lots of ammo ....
Old 03-05-2009, 05:10 PM   #20

Quote:
thanks now all i need is my galil handle and red dot sight and lots of ammo ....
Don't we all.