Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

G19 Gen 4

Old 07-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #21
cameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to behold

Name: cameron
cameronlane's Tacoma Gallery
I have two gen 4 glocks (17 and 20). So far they have been great guns with no issues and would not hesitate to buy another if I was in the market.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #22
GLOCKMASTER is on a distinguished road

Marines:
GLOCKMASTER's Tacoma Gallery
Glock 19 all day long. If you're hesitant in buying a Gen 4 because of all the internet hype about it having issues then buy a Gen 3. All mass manufactured firearms will have some problems but you just have to pick your poison.

As far as Beretta PX4 goes, well let's just say that I have enough experience with Beretta that the pic below says it all.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #23
cmghoughton is on a distinguished road
Army: Ex Armor Crewmember
Name: Doug
cmghoughton's Tacoma Gallery
I switched from the Glock to the Springfield XDM. I didn't like the Gen4 grips and the XDM just felt a little smother. Never had any problems with either but see if you can find a place to rent and decide for yourself. I just installed the Frame shock buffer, available for both models and am having a great time. Price was about the same for both.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #24
Its the Journey, not the Destination
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cliff
SierraExp's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a g4 19 right when they came out. The only "issue" I have noticed comes when its being shot by a less experienced shooter. With the dual rate spring any limp wrist will not allow the secondary spring to fully compress usually resulting in the casing not fully ejecting. I have only seen this a couple times and in every instance it was my mom or younger sister shooting both of whom are not the most seasoned shooters.

Outside of that, which has never been an issue for me, I absolutely love the gun, also have a Gen3 19 which was the first gun I ever purchased. During the winter the Gen4 is my EDC, however being a bit on the smaller side myself its hard for me to completely conceal when wearing shorts and a tshirt during the warmer months. I just picked up an M&P Shield 9mm as my EDC summer gun. Very happy with both.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #25
Toyoland66 has much to be proud ofToyoland66 has much to be proud ofToyoland66 has much to be proud ofToyoland66 has much to be proud ofToyoland66 has much to be proud ofToyoland66 has much to be proud ofToyoland66 has much to be proud ofToyoland66 has much to be proud ofToyoland66 has much to be proud of
Toyoland66's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOCKMASTER View Post
Glock 19 all day long. If you're hesitant in buying a Gen 4 because of all the internet hype about it having issues then buy a Gen 3.
Won't do you any good unless you buy an older one used. The "issues" exist in both the gen3 and gen4 guns manufactured roughly 2011+.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:35 PM   #26
1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
1bad10tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I carry a Gen 3 glock 19 and I have a Gen 4 glock 17 at home. Both guns never fail love them both.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #27
cbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
cbr04's Tacoma Gallery
Sold my G19 Gen 4 a few months back and regretted it. Last weekend I came across a new one with the beavertail backstraps on sale for $500 at a LGS... jumped on it. It's not my EDC though (XDS9 has that role). Love both pistols!
Old 07-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #28
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr04 View Post
Sold my G19 Gen 4 a few months back and regretted it. Last weekend I came across a new one with the beavertail backstraps on sale for $500 at a LGS... jumped on it. It's not my EDC though (XDS9 has that role). Love both pistols!
FYI those backstraps now come standard with all new Gen4 Glocks. They started including them in the case so if you want them make sure the one you're buying has them or ask for a newer one since they're recently starting sending them out.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:14 PM   #29
Matrix
12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Space Command
Name: Steve
12Tac's Tacoma Gallery
For what its worth. I've tried almost every gun manufacture and caliber. I love my Glocks. Yes, I have a variety of calibers and manufactures, but I would and will carry a Glock if my life depended on it. I love my 19 and 23. I carry either on a regular basis. Its a personal choice. Get what feels good to you and that our comfortable with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accesscab View Post
Anyone have a Glock 19 Gen 4? Looking to get one, but haven't decided. Also looking at the PX4 storm .45 to get as well. Any insight on either of them?
Old 07-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #31
meantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
meantaco's Tacoma Gallery
Instead of going with the beretta go with cz-75 phantom.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:00 AM   #32
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Gen 4 22. It came with an early RSA. I never fired it with the original RSA, and got Glock to send me a new one. Ive now fired over 2000 rounds through my GEN 4 and have yet to encounter a single failure. Dont beleive the shit you read on the internet, people are retarded. There is nothing wrong with the current gen 4s, but check the RSA just in case.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #33
Toyoland66 has much to be proud ofToyoland66 has much to be proud ofToyoland66 has much to be proud ofToyoland66 has much to be proud ofToyoland66 has much to be proud ofToyoland66 has much to be proud ofToyoland66 has much to be proud ofToyoland66 has much to be proud ofToyoland66 has much to be proud of
Toyoland66's Tacoma Gallery
The issues were limited to the 9mm, the .40 and .45 did not have the same issues.

Btw, I haven't had any issues with my 19, but my data point of 1 does not invalidate the issues that others have experienced.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #34
GLOCKMASTER is on a distinguished road

Marines:
GLOCKMASTER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyoland66 View Post
Won't do you any good unless you buy an older one used. The "issues" exist in both the gen3 and gen4 guns manufactured roughly 2011+.
I've have 12 Gen 3's and I've never had an issue with mine.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #35
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyoland66 View Post
The issues were limited to the 9mm, the .40 and .45 did not have the same issues.

Btw, I haven't had any issues with my 19, but my data point of 1 does not invalidate the issues that others have experienced.
If they didnt have issues, then why was there a recall on the spring assemblies? The problems also affected the .40s. Google it if you dont beleive me.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #36
Yotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connal
Yotabilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCB View Post
Dont get me wrong i love glocks. I have a gen 4 21 and it is my EDC of choice (45 acp ftw); but after getting a blister on my eye lid i will be waiting till i get another gen 4 fullsize 9mm or compact. But am in the market for a 26 or 30s for a better choice in cc.
So the case just laid on your eye lid?
Before I got the updated ejector on my 26 it would throw brass back sometimes and it'd land on my shoulder, forearm, eye brow(between glasses and head) and one landed between my ear and head. The casings weren't that hot and I'd just continue shooting til the mag was empty or until the case fell off. Seems like the case flying through the air cools it off enough that it doesn't burn you.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #37
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotabilly View Post
So the case just laid on your eye lid?
Before I got the updated ejector on my 26 it would throw brass back sometimes and it'd land on my shoulder, forearm, eye brow(between glasses and head) and one landed between my ear and head. The casings weren't that hot and I'd just continue shooting til the mag was empty or until the case fell off. Seems like the case flying through the air cools it off enough that it doesn't burn you.
One guy I shoot with has a scar on his eyelid from exactly this. Hair acts as a pretty good insulator from the heat so that's why it didn't burn your eyebrow or arms. Bare skin is a different story and getting cases on your skin is no fun. It seems that at some angles the case can flip behind your glasses and trap itself there on your eye-lid. Moral of the story: You should be wearing a hat regardless of extraction issues or not. When you shoot you should have eye pro, ear pro, hat with brim & long sleeve shirt and pants. Gloves & a shirt that protects your neck are also a good idea. This stuff isn't just to look cool it's to protect your money maker because you're working with high pressures in the palm of your hand and things can go wrong.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #38
accesscab is on a distinguished road
Name: Scott
accesscab's Tacoma Gallery
Went today to a range and shot the 19 and xds 9mm. Liked them both, the Glock felt a lot more comfortable to me and I loved shooting it. Just nervous about it not having a safety...

EDIT:

I have been looking into the M&P 9mm but there are so many lol Does anyone know which is similar to the 19? Size, weight, etc
Old 07-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #39
Don't taze me bro!

Quote:
Went today to a range and shot the 19 and xds 9mm. Liked them both, the Glock felt a lot more comfortable to me and I loved shooting it. Just nervous about it not having a safety...

EDIT:

I have been looking into the M&P 9mm but there are so many lol Does anyone know which is similar to the 19? Size, weight, etc
Learn & live the 4 rules of firearm safety and you will quickly see why a traditional safety is not only not necessary but can actually be a crutch for lazy safety practices. Once you own one and carry it for a bit you will quickly learn that a traditional safety isn't all it's cracked up to be. I'm to the point where I select defensive weapons based on NOT having them.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:30 PM   #40
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Quote:

EDIT:

The m&p 9c is the glock 19 equivalent