Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Broadhead tuning?

Old 07-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #21
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
i have a tool made by G5 to square inserts. works great.

but now i get my arrows built by a pro, and he includes it in his service.

never shoot a broadhead arrow without spin testing it first. ever. long shaft heads like my grim reapers bend the slightest amount after a shot. i spin them after every shot. they dont last long anyways.
how do you spin test em without one of those rotater things? do you just put the tip of the BH on a table or somethin and spin it?
Old 07-08-2013, 05:30 PM   #22
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Yea. I just spin them on something. It is so obvious when something isn't straight.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #23
OldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud of

Army: Desert Storm Vet.
Name: Adam
OldGeezer42's Tacoma Gallery
Spin test your broadhead on the palm of your hand, A Thunderhead is a hard broadhead to tune, there are too many options on broadheads . I shoot a 100 gr.Muzzy and T-3 ,broadheads, they shoot the same, I do shoot about 100 times a week during off season and about 150-200 times a week during hunting season, I would practice alot ,before trying to adjust anything, go to a pro shop let them check your set up, everything has to be right when shooting a fixed head where as a mechanical you can get away with alot.