Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Glock LE model question.. maybe a stupid one

Old 07-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
TNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
TNDrew's Tacoma Gallery
Glock LE model question.. maybe a stupid one

Can a non-LE individual register a LE model? I have a friend who is a retired trooper and I thought about giving him the cash to buy it then just transfer it to me, but if its a hassle I'd just assume buying the civilian model. If this is a stupid question, I apoligize. Thanks in advance
Old 07-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #2
762NateOh is on a distinguished road
Name: Nate
762NateOh's Tacoma Gallery
Register? If you location is correct, there is no registration in TN.

To your question....are you basically trying to get the LE discount without being LE?

If you were to do this, he would be answering the first question on the 4473 incorrectly, thus making it a no-no.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:44 AM   #3
StrikeEagle is on a distinguished road
StrikeEagle's Tacoma Gallery
I second that. They are the same guns also. Glock has a "blue label" program that allows LEOs to buy guns at a discount.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #4
TNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
TNDrew's Tacoma Gallery
That's what I needed to know. I didn't mean register. Just legally transfer the gun to me is what I meant. Thanks for answering!
Old 07-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #5
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
The only difference is that the "LE" version often times comes engraved with a generic "police" badge like this: (this is how my buddies came when he bought one with his LE id except the badge was a little different and it had no city name)

Glock LE model question.. maybe a stupid one-uploadfromtaptalk1373936105526.jpg

Or they can be custom engraved per specific departments

Glock LE model question.. maybe a stupid one-uploadfromtaptalk1373936165176.jpgGlock LE model question.. maybe a stupid one-uploadfromtaptalk1373936173301.jpg

But you can get a regular model and have it engraved with whatever you want anyways. Nothing illegal about that. But kinda dumb to have a gun that says "police" on it if your not LE. Only real difference is price.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I've never seen any of my local blue line dealers with engraved models

That's likely NOT a Glock factory option

The only difference is price and how many mags you get, and I'd agree no go on having a friend purchase it for you at the lower price
Old 07-16-2013, 10:03 AM   #7
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
drew you will be fine! as far as i know you donít have ti fill out anything to change it to your name. at least here in TN. I know some people with TWRA guns and other police department guns. From what i know is all you have to do in TN is give someone cash/check and they hand you the gun.

pm in coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
I've never seen any of my local blue line dealers with engraved models

That's likely NOT a Glock factory option

The only difference is price and how many mags you get, and I'd agree no go on having a friend purchase it for you at the lower price
itís not a glock option. the department(what ever department it is) them it self has someone do it.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #8
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
The only difference is that the "LE" version often times comes engraved with a generic "police" badge like this: (this is how my buddies came when he bought one with his LE id except the badge was a little different and it had no city name)

Attachment 223330

Or they can be custom engraved per specific departments

Attachment 223331Attachment 223332

But you can get a regular model and have it engraved with whatever you want anyways. Nothing illegal about that. But kinda dumb to have a gun that says "police" on it if your not LE. Only real difference is price.
I know a lot of departments around here engrave the department name on the gun. like Tennessee wildlife resources agency has TWRA engraved in there guns. and you can by them used at a local gun shop when the department gets new guns. I know some of the officer will buy back their gun to keep, also i know when they retire they get to keep the gun.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #9
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Buying it second hand is far different than having someone else buy it for you because you don't meet specified requirements and the ATF is not exactly a dept I would like to pique the interest of
Old 07-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #10
mattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to behold
Army: Medic
Name: Matt
mattN's Tacoma Gallery
Glock LE models are the same gun as non LE. They are just specific guns that are made with the intent of selling to LE/mil. Same gun, just comes with a 3rd mag and cheaper price. Having someone purchase the gun for you is a straw purchase and not something I'd recommend talking about on an open forum.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #11
Teniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to behold

Army: CPT, MI, USAR (Ret)
Teniente's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattN View Post
Glock LE models are the same gun as non LE. They are just specific guns that are made with the intent of selling to LE/mil. Same gun, just comes with a 3rd mag and cheaper price. Having someone purchase the gun for you is a straw purchase and not something I'd recommend talking about on an open forum.
Plus you are going to screw up the program for those of us that do it the right way.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #12
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teniente View Post
Plus you are going to screw up the program for those of us that do it the right way.
Also that
Old 07-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #13
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattN View Post
This...