Notices

Truck gun

Old 07-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
K.sauer is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Port dawg
Name: Koy
K.sauer's Tacoma Gallery
Truck gun

So I'm building a custom gun mount for behind my back seat. And I decided while I'm waiting for parts I'm gonna start working on my truck gun.so I started with a Stevens single shot 20 gauge.
Attached Thumbnails
Truck gun-image.jpg  
Old 07-16-2013, 03:44 PM   #2

K.sauer's Tacoma Gallery
The mods

So I took the gun completely apart cleaned up all the rust painted the stock cut the barrel down from 26 inches to 18.5, I have a few other mods planned but this is how she sits now.
Attached Thumbnails
Truck gun-image.jpg  
Old 07-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #3

K.sauer's Tacoma Gallery
Future mods

Later I'm going to either re blue all the metal or duracoat. Add a butt stock shell holder and maybe a rubber butt pad, I'm also trying to decide what I want to do about sights
Old 07-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #4
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
I've found an I.O. AK 47 works well as a truck gun. Takes to being knocked around and mistreated and still goes BANG when it needs to. I'd be hesitant to rely on a truck gun that did not allow multiple shots without reloading.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:55 AM   #5

K.sauer's Tacoma Gallery
reason

the mount that i am building is going to alow two rifles and a pistol to sit back there. and the reason why i chose the single barrel shotgun as one, is i have on order those inserts you can put in shotguns allowing them to shoot .22lr 9mm .45acp .22 mag .38spl and i think a few others. I only ordered the .22lr, 9mm and 38spl ones for now. you can also fire flare rounds and countless other specialty rounds out of a shotgun, so it actually makes it a perfect truck gun. im also planning on putting a m14 back there with a taurus model 85 in 357mag. and if i ever run into a situation that those 3 can not handle either survival or defensive. then i am probably gonna die regaurdless of what type of firearm that i have. i do however agree with you that a AK 47 is also a great truck gun, just not suitable for what im looking for. i do alot of primitive camping so everything i carry needs to be dual purpose. lol i would not want to see what a 7.62 round does to a squirrel or rabbit.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:24 AM   #6
SkottK62 is on a distinguished road
SkottK62's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCPA View Post
I've found an I.O. AK 47 works well as a truck gun. Takes to being knocked around and mistreated and still goes BANG when it needs to. I'd be hesitant to rely on a truck gun that did not allow multiple shots without reloading.
LOL
Old 07-19-2013, 07:29 AM   #7
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, you can use "edit" to keep your thoughts on 1 post, you know

You have an USAF icon; you plan on keeping those firearms in your car on post?

Does 20 gauge have the same "support" that a 12 gauge does in terms of ammo variety? Flares, bean bags, etc? I honestly don't know. It's a good small caliber and easy to handle, but might not be as robust as you're thinking. And where on the truck are you going to be sure it's 100% secure, since most places will be visible and subject to theft?
Old 07-19-2013, 09:14 PM   #8
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-20-2013, 04:48 AM   #9

K.sauer's Tacoma Gallery
No I won't be leaving it in my truck while I'm on base it's mostly for when I either go camping or road trips. And yes there is a huge variety of ammo for a 20gauge. And honestly the only reason it's a 20ga and not a 12 is just because that happens to be what I had lying around that I didn't mind cutting the barrel off and experimenting with. As for mounting its gonna be behind the back seat in a custom mount that I am in the process of building, so it will not be visible at all unless you get in my truck and pull the back seat forward. I think alot of people reading this post keep forgetting that this for the most part is not about getting in a firefight with someone on the side of the road it's a survival gun it's breaks in half and fits into a small backpack I can carry a lot of rounds easily its something that I can reload the spent shotshells in the woods if I need to. It's a shotgun if I have to ill shoot rocks out of the barrel. I've survived in the woods with no gun when I go primitive camping and I've survived with a gun when I go, it's much easier with.