Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Glock slide coating

Old 04-21-2014, 04:21 PM   #21
lyodbraun is on a distinguished road

Army:
lyodbraun's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a pic that shows some differences in slides even from one Gen3 to another to the Gen4.
Attached Thumbnails
Glock slide coating-image.jpg  
Old 04-21-2014, 04:25 PM   #22
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
Here is a pic that shows some differences in slides even from one Gen3 to another to the Gen4.
They made the change late in the Gen 3 life cycle so that's why you see differing Gen 3's and all of the current builds. Tenifer was some good chit but apparently it was awfully caustic to work with.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:39 PM   #23
lyodbraun is on a distinguished road

Army:
lyodbraun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
They made the change late in the Gen 3 life cycle so that's why you see differing Gen 3's and all of the current builds. Tenifer was some good chit but apparently it was awfully caustic to work with.
Yup I miss the ole frying pan finish...wish they would go back to it... But we all know it won't happen ..
Old 04-24-2014, 05:12 AM   #24
tacoglock19 is on a distinguished road

tacoglock19's Tacoma Gallery
I never have thought anything of the coating on the slide until now. I do like the gen3 coating better than gen4. My 41 already has some light scratches on the slide. I have barely shot it and it has never been holstered. The gen3 has been through hell and back and doesn't have one single scratch on it. Strange....
Old 04-25-2014, 07:28 AM   #25
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Glock with a Nickel Boron slide...

(Google image, but that's what it looks like)

But I would say it was around 2010-2011 that they changed it. Only my Gen4's and a newer 26 have the different slide. The 17, 19, 22, and 23 made 2010 and before look the same.