Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Cold Bule

Old 07-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
Dental Floss Tycoon
Bagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bagman's Tacoma Gallery
Cold Bule

My dad gave me his old S&W Victory Model .38 cal that he's had since the 50's. It's been neglected locked in his safe for years. Was looking for something to do today so I decided to re-blue it today using the Birchwood Casey kit. Came out pretty good. Looks better in person that in the pictures. Before and after.

Sorry guys, title should read Cold Blue
Old 07-27-2013, 11:45 PM   #2
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
looks great! ...now be sure to put a gel-pak or goldenrod system in the safe!
Old 07-28-2013, 12:06 AM   #3
Dantwenty2 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Dantwenty2's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! My father gave me a model 36, which he carried as a back up, as an academy graduation gift. Treasure that memory...
Old 07-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
Dental Floss Tycoon
Bagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bagman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantwenty2 View Post
Looks great! My father gave me a model 36, which he carried as a back up, as an academy graduation gift. Treasure that memory...
Thanks. This one will be passed on to my son eventually. The value in it is because it was my dad's.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #5
tomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: E-4
Name: Tom
tomwilson74's Tacoma Gallery
I love that tradition of Dad's handing down guns. I have a Colt .22 Peacemaker my Dad bought at a pawn shop for $75. Yeah, that was a good deal, considering they are going for over $600 now. I only have one daughter so I guess maybe a grandson will get it.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #6
Grumpy old man - get off my lawn
rleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant future
Name: Roger
rleete's Tacoma Gallery
In order to get a darker, more uniform finish, heat the part first. Hot enough that it's uncomfortable to hold in a bare hand, but not hot enough to actually burn you. Slather the bluing on, adding more as it evaporates. Keep scrubbing the part with solution and steel wool until you get it nice and dark all over.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:09 PM   #7
Dental Floss Tycoon

Bagman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwilson74 View Post
I love that tradition of Dad's handing down guns. I have a Colt .22 Peacemaker my Dad bought at a pawn shop for $75. Yeah, that was a good deal, considering they are going for over $600 now. I only have one daughter so I guess maybe a grandson will get it.
Sorry for the delayed response. Teach your daughter to shoot and leave it to her!
Old 08-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #8
tomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: E-4
Name: Tom
tomwilson74's Tacoma Gallery
She has shot my .22 rifle, but she is a little afraid of pistols. I'll have to work on that.