Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

My first at build!

Old 07-30-2013, 10:30 PM   #1
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TCprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
My first at build!

Well first off i am on a phone and hit t instead of r in the tittle..
I have been keeping a eye out for cheap deals to put together a ar15 and started with the first item got a lower with everything but the buffer tube and stock..

It's a Psa lower normally priced at $209 but the safty engraving was blemished so I got it for $99! I know it's by no means the best but I have been wanting to build a at for awhile and a sporting rifle is the only thing I want in my collection that I do not have at the moment so figured what the hell ... Budget build here I come!

If I had the money to drop on everything right now with sales I could finish the whole gun for under 550.. But I don't going to give it a few weeks then buy the buffer tube and stock and finish up the lower and save up untill my birthday and use the money I get from then combined with what I save up for the upper.. Aiming to drop 400 on the upper only thing I am specifically looking for is a free float barrel with rails other then that not really picky.. Who else has built there own ar and how much did you do it for? Please don't come in and trash the lower end parts if I had the means to build a $1500 at I would but I simply do not..
Old 07-31-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
...under $550?

...if you want to spare some cash, instead of going for a free float rail, just start out w/ a standard handguard, or at least a drop-in type rail (usually less than free float)...
Old 07-31-2013, 07:39 PM   #3
Banned
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Shit man.. I'll send you my standard handguard if you will pay shipping. It's from a s&w m&p 15
Old 07-31-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
...under $550?

...if you want to spare some cash, instead of going for a free float rail, just start out w/ a standard handguard, or at least a drop-in type rail (usually less than free float)...
The upper I'm getting has rails already so just going to use them till I have money to upgrade later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
Shit man.. I'll send you my standard handguard if you will pay shipping. It's from a s&w m&p 15
That is a very awesome offer and greatly appreciated but the upper I am getting is already compleat

Here is everything I am getting only thing ordered already is the lower

380 for upper
99 for lower and parts kit
50 for buffer tube and stock

Old 07-31-2013, 07:51 PM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
theres also this option if you already have a lower

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...-kit-2615.html

i was contemplating it because I have a $50 PSA upper chilling in my safe...but I dont need a 3rd rifle
Old 07-31-2013, 07:55 PM   #6
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
you'd better add bolt, carrier, and charging handle to your shopping list because it's apparently not included w/ that upper assy...
Old 07-31-2013, 07:57 PM   #7

Quote:
you'd better add bolt, carrier, and charging handle to your shopping list because it's apparently not included w/ that upper assy...
Good catch it will be a few months till I get a upper anyways.. But that does add some more but I have 400 I want to spend on a upper..
Old 07-31-2013, 07:57 PM   #8
mattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to behold
Army: Medic
Name: Matt
mattN's Tacoma Gallery
That's a drop in rail, not free float. I'd also recommend a quality upper like a BCM for just a little more. I've seen too many people buy cheap guns then turn around and sell them for a loss.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattN View Post
That's a drop in rail, not free float
I can't afford a free floats after looking around I will make due with what I can afford but like I said still shipping around just need to keep the upper below 400
Old 07-31-2013, 08:30 PM   #10
mattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to behold
mattN's Tacoma Gallery
I understand a budget build. But for myself, I just save my pennies for a little longer until I can afford what I want. Just food for thought.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:43 PM   #11

Quote:
I understand a budget build. But for myself, I just save my pennies for a little longer until I can afford what I want. Just food for thought.
I am selling things from other hobbys as it is to build this none of this can or will come out of my every day budget.. If it was or I had that option I would for sure safe up for better parts and exactly what I want but in my case it's build it as cheap as possible or not at all.. I have wanted a ar for years and the blinis he's lower I got just got the ball rolling.. I am not in a hurry and will be parting everything together slowly so will just be keeping a eye out for the best deals! I do appreciate the words of adobe though!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:45 PM   #12
mattN's Tacoma Gallery
PSA had bolt groups on sale for 129$ Not sure if they're still in stock
Old 07-31-2013, 08:50 PM   #13

Quote:
PSA had bolt groups on sale for 129$ Not sure if they're still in stock
Only one I can find is 199 ATM but not a huge deal I don't have the money for the upper yet anyways getting my buffer tube and stock next to complete the lower and going to get it all together.. Have to get my lcp sold and all my long boarding gear before I worry about the upper If I get what I am asking for both that will give me 500 for a upper ... Just hope I can get what I am asking lol
Old 07-31-2013, 08:50 PM   #14

This one

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ier-group.html
Old 07-31-2013, 09:09 PM   #15

http://www.slickguns.com/product/pro...-group-556-169

Cheapest I have found so far.. So

That plus a charging handle

Bcg $130
Charging handle $15
Upper $380
Lower $99
Buffer tube and stock $50

Guess its not to bad still $675

I like this route more.. Will have to buy sights but I get my free floats ... Anything else it's missing that I would need that I am looking over?

http://www.slickguns.com/product/ar-...-handle-475-fs
Old 04-17-2014, 09:51 AM   #16

Neglected to follow up on this thread so figure I would updaye ..

Finished my at and a lot cheaper then I thought it would have been I might add..

Lower and parts kit $99
Complete upper $400
2 mags $10
PSA stock and buffer tube $40

Top 4 were all from psa from daily deals a lot of waiting and checking daily

Mbus sites were $80 for front and rear off amazon

Total for everything $629 + shipping but I did not keep track of that also paid $10 for ffl and I have a gun set up exactly how I wanted without having to change rails ect...

Old 04-17-2014, 12:49 PM   #17
Where the White Women At?
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
StZu's Tacoma Gallery
nice stick!
Old 04-17-2014, 01:45 PM   #18

Thank you sir
Old 04-17-2014, 06:55 PM   #19

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
congrats TCprerunner!

i know this is your first build, ...so not sure if you did or not, ..but might want to make sure you used blue locktite on the castle nut threads (only a little is needed), ..or mechanically "staked" it...
Old 04-17-2014, 06:56 PM   #20

Quote:
congrats TCprerunner!

i know this is your first build, ...so not sure if you did or not, ..but might want to make sure you used blue locktite on the castle nut threads (only a little is needed), ..or mechanically "staked" it...
Yes sir I did thanks for looking out though!