LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Big Game Hunting - 2013

Old 08-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #41
Hope you can run faster than 965 FPS
TonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement: Sharpshooter
Name: Louie
TonkaToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
Dang you shoot him from the road? Haha

Little confused as to why he has absolutely no color to his antlers, was this on a ranch?
No I didnt shoot him on the road lol. Wish I would have would have been easier to hull out.

And the reason their white? I have no clue but they were white thats for sure. My dad and his buddy also went and theirs were way more brown. But I love them white like that.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:26 PM   #42
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkaToyTaco View Post
No I didnt shoot him on the road lol. Wish I would have would have been easier to hull out.

And the reason their white? I have no clue but they were white thats for sure. My dad and his buddy also went and theirs were way more brown. But I love them white like that.
That is really weird! Either way he's a cool bull.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:00 PM   #43
Bobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobert14's Tacoma Gallery
Got my first draw on an elk. Missed by almost literally a hair. Still the most awesome hunting experience I've had so far. Had to wait 'till dark to get out of there. The herd stayed within 90 yards of where I was after I missed. Had to stand still for a solid 30-45 minutes while the bull barked at me and wouldn't take his eyes off me. When I finally got out of there they where bedding down and you could hear a couple of the bulls sparing. Stoked for the morning! Hope they are still there.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:30 AM   #44
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

That sounds like a kick in the ass, hope the morning hunt went well! How big was the bull you slung an arrow at?
Old 08-31-2013, 11:02 AM   #45
Bobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It was this guy. Watched them walk off our property this morning. I got set up in the direction they were traveling and then for whatever reason they basically turned around. Just how it goes. Time to go meet some neighbors!
Attached Thumbnails
Big Game Hunting - 2013-dsc_0337.jpg  
Old 08-31-2013, 11:46 AM   #46

Ya definently go introduce yourself to neighbors, thats how I get alot of my hunting spots.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:52 AM   #47
GhostDog86 will become famous soon enough

Name: Max
GhostDog86's Tacoma Gallery
15 more days til my archery hunt!!
Old 09-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #48

Apparently all the elk didn't move off the property yesterday. Got a stalk to within 30 yards of a spike this morning. Unfortunately there was a strip of scotch broom between us right at kill shot height.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #49
????????????
225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed

225nontypical's Tacoma Gallery
Bobert your killing me with those pictures man!!! good look, i am hunting in oregon also but my season has been slower then any i can remeber. i have trail cam pictures of herd after herd and no branch bulls with them. i am hunting a few miles back in the middle of no where and the other night i stayed up most of the night to see if anything would talk and got nothing back.
again good luck there is nothing like bow hunting and getting in close i love it.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #50
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
hating this thread..(okay..love it)

my hunt season is wacky.

bad lung infection? check!
backpack delay? check!
best hunting buddy marries a non hunter? check!
he decides to move to hawaii? check!
forest fires in both of my hunting spots? check!
elderly mom, orders us to meet in hongkong for family trip during hunt season? check?
my brother get shoulder surgery? check!!
unbreakable bowsight breaks? check! great warranty, fast turnaround.

it has been awesome. but on the bright-side, my wife will finish nursing school this dec..hopefully land a job. i'd take that over any hunting this year.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #51
bmka87 is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
bmka87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
hating this thread..(okay..love it)

my hunt season is wacky.

bad lung infection? check!
backpack delay? check!
best hunting buddy marries a non hunter? check!
he decides to move to hawaii? check!
forest fires in both of my hunting spots? check!
elderly mom, orders us to meet in hongkong for family trip during hunt season? check?
my brother get shoulder surgery? check!!
unbreakable bowsight breaks? check! great warranty, fast turnaround.

it has been awesome. but on the bright-side, my wife will finish nursing school this dec..hopefully land a job. i'd take that over any hunting this year.
I wouldn't plan on buying a lottery ticket any time soon...

Going for white tail in Southern Maine and a full week in Northern Maine in November. Can't wait!!
Old 09-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 225nontypical View Post
Bobert your killing me with those pictures man!!! good look, i am hunting in oregon also but my season has been slower then any i can remeber. i have trail cam pictures of herd after herd and no branch bulls with them. i am hunting a few miles back in the middle of no where and the other night i stayed up most of the night to see if anything would talk and got nothing back.
again good luck there is nothing like bow hunting and getting in close i love it.
Thanks, they've been killing me too haha. Find a couple bulls on the place today. No dice getting remotely close, but I did find a shed, so its all good.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:57 PM   #53
270wsm is just really nice270wsm is just really nice270wsm is just really nice270wsm is just really nice270wsm is just really nice

Marines:
270wsm's Tacoma Gallery
bullelk&muledeer, turkey in nov, coues deer in January all in AZ...
Good luck fellas
Old 09-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #54
????????????
225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Called in a 5x5 bull for my best friend Saturday morning. He shot him at under 10 yards, and had he waited he could have touched the bull it was a cool experience. The packout sucked but that's all part of the game.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:28 AM   #55
????????????

mikes bull from this last weekend

me on the pack out! there is 100+ pounds on the pack and it sucked dont let the smile foul you!
Old 09-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #56

Thats a good bull, weird he didnt grow his sword.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #57
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
damn yall are makin me jelaous. Unfortunately this may be the first year since I was 12 that I will not get a chance to go after deer or elk. growing up and being a real adult sucks
Old 09-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #58
GhostDog86 will become famous soon enough

Name: Max
GhostDog86's Tacoma Gallery
Well just got back from my hunt, unfortunately wasn't able to connect. I did have a shot at a beatiful 6x6 bull but he spotted me at full draw with a tree covering his vitals, after what seemed like an eternity he moved forward but the arrow just shot over him

But the best part was my 8yo nephew was with me and he was stoked to see an elk that close!
Old 09-26-2013, 11:00 PM   #59
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Heading out tomorrow to get settled in and hit opening season hard Saturday morning for the muley muzzleloader season. Best part is one of my really good friends is going to be hunting deer for his 1st time, he's VERY excited & so am I!
I want to see him get elbow deep in some blood & guts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtaco View Post
Well just got back from my hunt, unfortunately wasn't able to connect. I did have a shot at a beatiful 6x6 bull but he spotted me at full draw with a tree covering his vitals, after what seemed like an eternity he moved forward but the arrow just shot over him

But the best part was my 8yo nephew was with me and he was stoked to see an elk that close!
That's awesome (sucks you didn't connect) but awesome you made a moment he will likely forever remember
Old 09-26-2013, 11:04 PM   #60
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Hoping to get a hog like this to show up within 100 yards, I'd be filled to the brim with adrenaline